GUILTY GA - Natalie Henderson, 17, & Carter Davis, 17, murdered, 1 Aug 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got kicked out of his Grandparents house that day. He probably had no where to go and nothing to do. Maybe he was sleeping in his car at publix and awoke when he seen cars go by. Nothing else to do. Pissed that he got kicked out. I'm surprised he didn't kill his Grandparents.

The detective said that he told her he had already moved out - he started moving when his grandparents told him that he had to leave. I think he was living at his girlfriend's place when he committed the murders.

But, I do think Aug 1 might have played a role....though I can't help but wonder if he had been prowling and sneaking around on previous nights, looking for the right opportunity.

jmo

The detective said that he told her he had already moved out - he started moving when his grandparents told him that he had to leave. I think he was living at his girlfriend's place when he committed the murders.

But, I do think Aug 1 might have played a role....though I can't help but wonder if he had been prowling and sneaking around on previous nights, looking for the right opportunity.

jmo

Wonder where his girlfriend thought he was that night. Just curious.

The detectives reaction in the stand when it came to the torture/ beating part of crime leads me to strongly believe that this portion of event is on tape. She seemed to actually recall the despair of the act, not just the monotone retelling of what the suspect alleged he did. It was like she was recalling Natalie's pain and fear first hand, from actually seeing some of it.
Jmo, moo. But i feel strongly about this part being on tape and detective could see some of the events replayed I. Her own mind which caused her distress on the stand. that other things occurred that I'm afraid we will someday have to bear witness to in these kids honor and to keep their memory fresh and their spirits alive.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The detectives reaction in the stand when it came to the torture/ beating part of crime leads me to strongly believe that this portion of event is on tape. She seemed to actually recall the despair of the act, not just the monotone retelling of what the suspect alleged he did. It was like she was recalling Natalie's pain and fear first hand, from actually seeing some of it.
Jmo, moo. But i feel strongly about this part being on tape and detective could see some of the events replayed I. Her own mind which caused her distress on the stand. that other things occurred that I'm afraid we will someday have to bear witness to in these kids honor and to keep their memory fresh and their spirits alive.

Since Natalie would be nude in the video, I believe the video would be considered child *advertiser censored* and I don't think it would ever be made public. It would also be considered a snuff film or part of one...are there rules about whether they can play it? They may show the video during the trial but whether it gets out to the public and how is another thing. There are cases where only the jury sees the crime scene photos. Considering Natalie was underage, I think that will happen here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think there's a video. It wasn't on the surveillance video. He told the detective what he had done. Or what he says he had done, anyway. I think the detective was sad for the parents who were in the courtroom (the detective might have a daughter herself that the thought of that happening to is heartwrenching). It's sad. It's horrible. I'm sensitive and would have cried too, especially seeing the parents crying in the room. I almost cried watching her and CD's mom crying. Being a mom, I can't even imagine their pain. I would die if something happened to mine. Homicide isn't common where this detective works, either. I doubt she's desensitized to it - if you ever could be. Sorry, I totally understand why she got emotional and wouldn't even need to see a video to feel that way.

Well I strongly hope there is no such video.

Detective Bennett said the murders were not captured on video. The location of the cars and the location of the cameras on the building would support that. They were killed in a portion of the strip mall where other stores were located not directly behind the Publix that had the video cameras. Anyone that has a daughter (Det. Bennett does) can imagine their own daughter being in NH's place and get emotional. Many times especially in mass casualty or children's death investigations have mandatory "decompression" sessions with mental health professionals. There is also a close bond formed between the detectives and the families of the victims. Remember too she was just testifying to what JH said happened which may or may not be accurate in terms of the physical evidence. The sole purpose of the hearing was to establish probable cause for the 11 charges.

They were killed in a portion of the strip mall where other stores were located not directly behind the Publix that had the video cameras.

That is not exactly correct.
There are stores adjacent to the Publix, however, they were killed behind the Publix. It is on the side by a back door to the store. There is a video camera there, but it is over the back door and next to that is a big utility box and a dumpster. There are photos with the crime scene area taped off with portions of the kids vehicles visible.

If you want to be technical, it was on the left side of the Publix if you are standing behind it. They were on the side, not directly behind it. They were where other stores are as well. There is only one camera back there above a door. The camera view wouldn't reach the kids. The detective also said the actual crime was not caught on camera.

image.png

They are on the side. The camera on that side is all the way at the corner above a door. Pretty far from the cars. All it (and others they passed while driving to that spot) caught was the cars pulling up and JH running by, according to the detective.

Where you see the white diagonal lines to the side, that wall is a different store(s).

View attachment 100066

They are on the side. The camera on that side is all the way at the corner above a door. Pretty far from the cars. All it (and others they passed while driving to that spot) caught was the cars pulling up and JH running by, according to the detective.

Where you see the white diagonal lines to the side, that wall is a different store(s).

Sorry. I can not open attachment. Thanks for explaining. Thanks for all your local info.

image.jpeg

Here you go. This is the only camera where they were. Above the side door. They were parked in the farther spots. They weren't on video - only caught them passing by.

His girlfriend deactivated her Instagram. "User not found" anymore. Poor girl just graduated from college and this.... I'm sure she had no idea. Looks like they were only together about 4 months if that. Obviously knew he had issues, but I'm sure she didn't know they were to this extent!

I'm sure the Instagram circus was threatening her, too.

Wonder where his girlfriend thought he was that night. Just curious.
I bet be snuck out too. :-(
I think this was a crime of opportunity by someone that wasn't/isn't capable of logical thought. Taking the debit card and jumper cables were need based. Probably the only semi logical thought he had that night but a completely psychopathic thought. They weren't going to need the debit card or jumper cables so he might as well take them. Might support a narcissistic disorder as well.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

I'm a mental health professional in Ga, and I live fairly close to this area. I think our mental health system has been broken for a long time. There is so much focus on human rights, especially in the field of social work, that it is near impossible to get someone involuntarily hospitalized for more than 3-5 days, if that. It is even more difficult when that person becomes an adult. I just wonder why JH was not involved in an intensive case management program with the community mental health center in that area. He could've been placed in a group home if he had been in such a program. In addition to that, I wonder why an outpatient commitment order for mental health services was not initiated by LE and or mental health professionals. It seems that the grandparents certainly made enough enough calls to police to necessitate the request for such an order. If the order had been in place, he would've been required to show up and receive treatment (possibly an antipsychotic 30 day shot for those who are noncompliant and more service. Then if he had not kept those appointments could've been arrested and forced to undergo treatment. I've been reading about this case, and I'm just heartbroken about it. I think some professionals along the way dropped the ball and failed to get him into the level of care that he needed. That being said, mental illness is no excuse for a crime. And this crime is especially horrific.

I feel for these poor victims and their families and JH's grandparents. Those grandparents had dealt with him and his problems for nearly his whole life and it's sounds like they did a lot to try to help him. It does sound like he was in some kind of psychotic state and possibly a dysphoric (angry/mean vs the usual euphoric) manic state. However, that does not mean that he could not also have an Axis II disorder, such as Borderline Personality, Antisocial (Sociopathic) or Narcissistic). Those things are not necessarily treatable with medications because they are simply representative of the maladaptive personality traits a person has developed over their life span. And people who have inadequately treated Axis I disorders ( Bipolar, Schizophrenia or schizoaffective) are more likely to develop the Axis II - personality disorders, simply because their brain and body is so all consumed by the overwhelming symptoms of the Axis I disorder and their personality does not develop as it should. Again, not an excuse for any crime. Just a sad reminder that the mental health system failed and now we have lost two beautiful children who had their whole lives ahead of them. I pray for all families involved and the victims. May they rest in peace and know that justice will be served.

I forgot to mention that I think his lawyers may run into problems with an insanity defense. There are too many facets of his behavior that we know of that are indicative of a cohesive and goal directed thought process. In addition, it appears that he absolutely know right from wrong before, during and after the crime. There were likely periods of psychosis intertwined with reality, as there are with many people who are mentally ill. His behavior was methodical to a point that I think the insanity defense won't work here. If the families were to decide to accept a plea so that they could spare themselves the agony of a trial, that's perfectly understandable. And I hope the prosecution give them a chance to have a voice in that process. However, they may also find it therapeutic to attend and participate in a trial and be the voice for NH and CD and ensure that Justice is served that way. This is just so heartbreaking all around.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the mask was Anonymous. I haven't seen that particular mask in any other context.

And - thanks for correcting me and posting that there is NO video of him on the roof. Glad to have a posse of fact checkers! :)

bbm Me too, guy fawkes

And if I heard correctly he did not have it on when he murdered them, he had it on at the gas station and when he returned the second time.

I forgot to mention that I think his lawyers may run into problems with an insanity defense. There are too many facets of his behavior that we know of that are indicative of a cohesive and goal directed thought process. In addition, it appears that he absolutely know right from wrong before, during and after the crime. There were likely periods of psychosis intertwined with reality, as there are with many people who are mentally ill. His behavior was methodical to a point that I think the insanity defense won't work here. If the families were to decide to accept a plea so that they could spare themselves the agony of a trial, that's perfectly understandable. And I hope the prosecution give them a chance to have a voice in that process. However, they may also find it therapeutic to attend and participate in a trial and be the voice for NH and CD and ensure that Justice is served that way. This is just so heartbreaking all around.

Welcome! Thanks for all your input!

Totally agree the insanity defense will not work here. I'm thinking all they could do at this point is "guilty, but mentally ill". I have a feeling they might try it, though. Based on his attorneys' history, it doesn't seem like they would advise him to take a plea bargain - if it's even offered. They seem pretty aggressive - they are going to try to get the best outcome for their client and not advise him to back down. Just my opinion. Like I said - I'm not even sure one will be offered. I think everyone wants to really punish JH. This crime is too horrific to just offer him a deal. IMO there probably will be a trial. Of course, as always, I could be completely wrong. JMO

bbm Me too, guy fawkes

And if I heard correctly he did not have it on when he murdered them, he had it on at the gas station and when he returned the second time.

You heard correctly - Detective Bennett said he did not have it on the first time he went back there, but did at the gas station and the second time he went back there.

Since Natalie would be nude in the video, I believe the video would be considered child *advertiser censored* and I don't think it would ever be made public. It would also be considered a snuff film or part of one...are there rules about whether they can play it? They may show the video during the trial but whether it gets out to the public and how is another thing. There are cases where only the jury sees the crime scene photos. Considering Natalie was underage, I think that will happen here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never for one minute do I think the footage would be released post trial (nor should it). I was just meaning you could almost see RECALL in the detectives eyes. Also, she seemed very sure of chain of events for it to be all second hand information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member