GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was anyone else disappointed with the undercover sting? I feel like they could have come up with something better, more likely to cause her to incriminate herself. And Rivera's "brother" may have looked the part but he sounded like my fifth grade math teacher.

I haven't been following this case very closely so I don't know if this video of Wendi on the "Weakest Link" game show has been posted yet, but I found it and figured I'd post it for anyone that hasn't seen it yet.

[video=youtube;7-fEYuoB3NI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-fEYuoB3NI[/video]

Got to see 20/20 last night. Wendi at the police station=acting. I do think she planned to make her former boyfriend the fall guy, so I think she knew everything. IMO she could have tried grooming him to kill Dan. Also buying alcohol near Dan's house and calling him that day says she knew.

Got to see 20/20 last night. Wendi at the police station=acting. I do think she planned to make her former boyfriend the fall guy, so I think she knew everything. IMO she could have tried grooming him to kill Dan. Also buying alcohol near Dan's house and calling him that day says she knew.

WA mentions JL and wonders if maybe he " went kind of crazy " after she ended the relationship prior to DM's murder.
One cannot help but think that the timing of the breakup was contrived, the goal, making JL crazy enough to actually do something to DM, or to make it look like he would.
Considering that scenario now, could that also have been a goal when she broke up with DM and took everything?
Make him react in such a way that would be seen by the courts as actions inconsistent with being a good husband and father?
Instead, DM did what former kindergarten teacher, DA, would surely encourage the kids, TO USE HIS WORDS!
imo, speculation.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fsu-law-professors-boyfriend-claims-brother-talked-killing/story?id=42065242
Lacasse also told police Wendi Adelson said she wanted to take a break from their relationship just days before Markel’s
murder.

Of course she was acting. The man who was keeping her from moving with the kids to south Florida was dead. Now she could move without his stopping her, as he had already done successfully on court. She just knew doing a dance of joy would not play out so well to the police.

WA mentions JL and wonders if maybe he " went kind of crazy " after she ended the relationship prior to DM's murder.
One cannot help but think that the timing of the breakup was contrived, the goal, making JL crazy enough to actually do something to DM, or to make it look like he would.

Great theory. This could very well be true.

Of course she was acting. The man who was keeping her from moving with the kids to south Florida was dead. Now she could move without his stopping her, as he had already done successfully on court. She just knew doing a dance of joy would not play out so well to the police.

" A dance of joy " by WA, would actually be a true show of grief, considering she admitted that she might have inappropriate reactions to sad news.
imo, speculation.

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/06/the-murder-of-dan-markel-wendi-adelson-speaks-part-3/

Here is what Wendi wrote in response to the prompt, “Lies”:
"My childhood friend Lisa told me this weekend that she never even knew I was unhappy in my marriage. I had no idea I hid it so well. I always thought that I had an expressive face, the kind that easily registered happiness and disappointments. But the more I think about it, the more I realize that most people think I am very happy all of the time because I smile constantly to try and engage with people and make them smile too".

"I think this face is a kind of mask that I wear out of a life of endless practice, like a kind of muscle memory for the face. I can even remember one time learning that a friend’s father had died, and upon hearing the news, I smiled. It was a bizarre reaction since I loved my friend and her dad very much. We were 13 and I remember him making pancakes for us many a Sunday morning after a few of us had slept over. More than 20 years later, I still feel like a freak show thinking back on that moment".
It’s interesting to see Wendi acknowledge how she sometimes has odd or arguably inappropriate reactions to things.
rbbm.

Just saw this case on I think 48 Hours last night. The Adelson family is incredible, what chutzpah! And Wendi is in fantasy land. I can't believe she stripped the house bare, just because she felt he ignored her! There must be a reason that he had custody of the kids when he got killed. Hope the brother gets convicted. What lowlifes!!

Very moving, includes pictures and music.
http://daniel.markel.muchloved.com/
[h=2]FSU LAW PROFESSOR DANIEL ERIC MARKEL, Jurist Doctor, Harvard Law School, (1972-2014)[/h] This site is a tribute to Criminal Law Professor Daniel Eric Markel, aged 41, who was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on 9 October 1972 and who was murdered at his home one summer's day in July 2014 .He is much loved by his two very young sons, his parents and sister and colleagues and Florida State University law students. He will forever be remenbered especially because of the evil, vicious and sudden way that his legal prolific career has been cut short and because he has been criminally robbed of seeing his sons grow up and his sons in turn have been robbed of their very loving father. Time will reveal more and more about this CONSPIRACY TO MURDER and the murder of this young law professor, ripped from this earth. Such a travesty; such injustice; such wanton waste of a good life.

^ Above link does not pull any punches, check out the pics and captions, wow, just wow.imo.

Apologies if I missed any previous discussion of this, but the affidavit re CA (http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/PC+Charlie+Adelson+Redacted.pdf) has a very interesting fact:

Page 9: "Garcia's cellular telephone attempted to contact Harvey's cellular telephone. . . . There is no known reason for Garcia to call [HA]."

Then later on the same page, it mentions that a number (apparently Magbanua or Garcia) "was used to contact the cellular phone of [HA], Wendi's father, on July 1, 2014, approximately 2 1/2 weeks prior to the murder."

Isn't this the first evidence we've seen of direct contact between the murderers and one of the A's, without KM as the in-between?

Wow, that is stunning. Harvey is supposedly a survivor of brain cancer. We all thought it was Donna, Charlie and maybe Wendi. But Harvey, too? This is a crime syndicate we're dealing with here.

Apologies if I missed any previous discussion of this, but the affidavit re CA (http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/PC+Charlie+Adelson+Redacted.pdf) has a very interesting fact: Page 9: "Garcia's cellular telephone attempted to contact Harvey's cellular telephone. . . . There is no known reason for Garcia to call [HA]." Then later on the same page, it mentions that a number (apparently Magbanua or Garcia) "was used to contact the cellular phone of [HA], Wendi's father, on July 1, 2014, approximately 2 1/2 weeks prior to the murder." Isn't this the first evidence we've seen of direct contact between the murderers and one of the A's, without KM as the in-between?

Wow, that is stunning. Harvey is supposedly a survivor of brain cancer. We all thought it was Donna, Charlie and maybe Wendi. But Harvey, too? This is a crime syndicate we're dealing with here.
Where's the arrests??

Harvey does not have to be involved for others to use his phone.

The person who created the site doesn't appear to be family, it's a bit odd as no one else has contributed comments.

Maybe a student? Scam?
This photo does not look like something the family would post..
imo.
http://daniel.markel.muchloved.com/
killers

From Sally Ramage on 09/10/2016
attachment.php

Attachments

• 0021475395.jpg
    0021475395.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 359
Harvey does not have to be involved for others to use his phone.

I seem to recall a reference in some other document to the mom/wife having a phone in her husband's name, which would hardly be surprising for spouses. My guess is that she was the intended recipient of that call.

rbbm.
The documents also showed that there were a number of phones calls placed on July 1, 2014, 17 days before Markel was killed, between Charlie, Magbanua, Garcia and a phone registered to Harvey Adelson, Markel's former father-in-law.

A number of phone calls also occurred between midnight and 1am between Charlie, his mother Donna, Magbanua and Garcia on July 18, the day Markel was murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419