GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there has been a lot of skepticism on this thread about the "tv repairman," but I think it's entirely likely there was such a repairman at WA's house that morning. For example, over the years I've bought several large tvs from Best Buy, and I frequently have Best Buy's Geek Squad/Magnolia Home Theater technicians out to my house to fix/calibrate/reprogram, etc. Often that work is covered by warranty or by a Best Buy service agreement. So I don't think it's at all odd that WA would have scheduled a tv repair in her home.

The timing of the repair appointment was very convenient, of course, as it gives her an alibi. And her hit man "joke" to the repair guy raises huge red flags.

I am still on the fence as to whether she knew in advance, although if she didn't, I think she figured it out immediately after. And I agree that there are way too many coincidences here.

If it was a matter of "calibration" or some other such adjustment, I don't think she would have babbled on about whether or not it was worth the money to repair it.

As far as whether or not she knew in advance, I think it's possible she didn't, but suspected IMMEDIATELY who it was (hence practically throwing CA under the bus), and maybe found out for sure the night she threw up at the dinner table.

If it was a matter of "calibration" or some other such adjustment, I don't think she would have babbled on about whether or not it was worth the money to repair it.

As far as whether or not she knew in advance, I think it's possible she didn't, but suspected IMMEDIATELY who it was (hence practically throwing CA under the bus), and maybe found out for sure the night she threw up at the dinner table.

I agree with this theory - it's so out there that someone would throw up on a dinner table, unless they're paralytic drunk (and no one has mentioned this). I do think she became aware of something at that event which caused this to happen. I don't know what, because I do believe she was aware of the plan in general, perhaps not specifics. This particular event has always rung alarms bells in my mind. IMO

I know there has been a lot of skepticism on this thread about the "tv repairman," but I think it's entirely likely there was such a repairman at WA's house that morning. For example, over the years I've bought several large tvs from Best Buy, and I frequently have Best Buy's Geek Squad/Magnolia Home Theater technicians out to my house to fix/calibrate/reprogram, etc. Often that work is covered by warranty or by a Best Buy service agreement. So I don't think it's at all odd that WA would have scheduled a tv repair in her home.

The timing of the repair appointment was very convenient, of course, as it gives her an alibi. And her hit man "joke" to the repair guy raises huge red flags.

I am still on the fence as to whether she knew in advance, although if she didn't, I think she figured it out immediately after. And I agree that there are way too many coincidences here.

IMO, WA was in on the plan up to her eyeballs!!!!!!!!

IMHO

:fireworks:

HEADS UP, everyone.

Tonight, on ABC's 20/20, 10:00 EDT, 9:00 CDT

IMO, WA was in on the plan up to her eyeballs!!!!!!!!

IMHO
Yes Wildebeest, I agree. WA had been laying the groundwork for this unfortunate episode for some time. Here's why:

1) She cancels her trip to CA w/ Lacasse as she realizes it will coincide with DM'S murder. She'll need to be there for the kids.

2).At some point, she tells Lacasse about her brother's plan to have DM killed. (Now., wouldn't one think she would have vehemently told her brother in no uncertain terms that that was a crazy idea and not to even consider it!)

3) Breaks up with Lacasse several days before the murder.

On The Day of the Murder:

4). Per her video interview with TPD, she told the detective she had just called Dan that morning.
(Laying the alibi again. Why? So she could say, we still get along and (speculating) she wanted to tell him about the school at FSU she wanted to put the boys in... Knowing police would listen to his phone messages. But most importantly, she was checking to make sure no one was home sick).

5) Early in the a.m., a TV repairman stops by her house to fix the TV her brother Charlie sent her in lieu of "killing her ex husband." That's what she told the repairman according to her video interview. Why?

6). At noon that day (DM was shot around 11) she drives 15 minutes to an ABC Liquor store located in the area of DM'S house. She notices police cars (and crime scene tape) and figures it must be "a fallen tree").
She then takes another route to the liquor store to buy a bottle of rye for a party. Why go that far out of your way to buy a bottle of booze that just happens to be near her ex's home? (She's checking to see that the deed got done. Oh, and to leave an alibi with the liquor store clerk why she was in the neighborhood.

7). She is careful to tell police how Danny wasn't nice to her. She also told Lacasse this too on previous occasions. (You see, he deserves to be dead as he was mean to me.)

After the Murder

8). WA, her kids and parents leave Tallahassee after the memorial after telling police they would be sure to stop by so police could talk to them. They did not do this.

9). WA changes her boys names from Markel to Adelson.

A good part of this is speculation but based on true events.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

But why did Donna also secretly tell charles they had to talk about the so called extortionist.

Plus if they were innocent. Then why not go to the police.

Plus she tells him its about TV work.

And Wendy mentions Charles saying he would send a tv repair man while the family is worth 6 figures to simply buy a new tv from Walmart or something.

So is TV repair codename for the Dans murder?

New video!
Police Video: Undercover Agent Confronts Slain FSU Professor's Ex-Mother-In-Law
“I wanted to let you know that my brother… he helped your family with this problem your family had up north,” the man is heard telling Donna Adelson in the video. “He’s going through some rough times and I want to make sure that you take care of what he’s going through.”

“You’re scaring me,” Adelson says in the video. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
The video shows the man handing over an envelope to Adelson that police say contained a press release about Markel’s death, a phone number and a demand for $5,000, before he walks away.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/undercover-agent-confronts-slain-fsu-professors-mother-law-42141588

If ex b.f. JL had not (luckily) been hundreds of miles away when DM was murdered, would the family or anyone else for that matter, try to pin the blame on him?
imo, speculation.

New video!
Police Video: Undercover Agent Confronts Slain FSU Professor's Ex-Mother-In-Law

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/undercover-agent-confronts-slain-fsu-professors-mother-law-42141588
Yikes! DA laughs and says “You scared me.”
Ummm yeah DA…. How ‘scared’ do you think Dan was sitting in his car the morning he was murdered?
I wonder if DA is living a carefree, easy life. Does she sleep much? Have nightmares? Care about what her grandsons will think of her in ten years?
If DA remains 'free’, I can only imagine that she will be looking over her shoulders forever.

I have changed my mind frequently about WA's possible involvement/ extent of involvement in Dan's murder. I now think her repeated references to CA hiring a hitman could not be a mere coincidence. At first I thought WA was genuinely shocked in the police interview and would never have mentioned CA's "joke" if she knew he was responsible for Dan's murder. But, with other info leaking out, I started to wonder if she began to panic when she was interrogated, so cast suspicion on her bro, knowing that he would go to great lengths to defend his lil sis. Now, I'm thinking that WA's frequent references to a hitman reflect her EXCITEMENT over the ingenuity of the plan. IMO, WA felt that there was no way her family would be linked to the murder, and she relished that thought. Perhaps her vomiting at the "celebration" dinner with CA wasn't due to intoxication, but the exhilaration she felt at the idea they had actually pulled it off. IMO, WA cannot contain her excitement over the idea of "winning" her battle with Dan, and that is what's implicating the Adelsons in Dan's murder and will eventually lead to their downfall. MOO :moo:

Anyone know how the dental practice is doing? Have they lost patients?

Sent from my SM

I'm a dentist, (not in the US), and can tell you that the practice would be a nightmare place to be at the moment. They would have lost patients, maybe not heaps of established patients, (who knows, some though), and pretty much all of their new patient flow I would think. Periodontics is long term treatment, and usually referral based. Implant's are high end, expensive treatments. The patients would be discerning, and informed. If you were thinking of having that sort of treatment, would you start with a dentist who may have hired a hitman to kill his brother in law? Who might be in prison next year? (What happens if something goes wrong with my brand new implant after 6 months, fully paid for-thousands of dollars-and the guy that placed it is on trial?)
Good dental staff are not easy to find, and should be looked after. All this going on would hit morale hard, you would wonder who you were working with, and if your position would exist in the future. The information about payments to KM made through the practice-especially if she didn't work there very many hours or didn't pull her weight when she was there, (common when dentists employ friends, to be avoided!) would, I think, make good staff very upset. (So unfair)
I do have a dental assistant who gets paid 50K, but she is worth every cent, and I would absolutely cry if she resigned. She would walk under these circumstances, for sure.

Yes Wildebeest, I agree. WA had been laying the groundwork for this unfortunate episode for some time. Here's why:

1) She cancels her trip to CA w/ Lacasse as she realizes it will coincide with DM'S murder. She'll need to be there for the kids.

2).At some point, she tells Lacasse about her brother's plan to have DM killed. (Now., wouldn't one think she would have vehemently told her brother in no uncertain terms that that was a crazy idea and not to even consider it!)

3) Breaks up with Lacasse several days before the murder.

On The Day of the Murder:

4). Per her video interview with TPD, she told the detective she had just called Dan that morning.
(Laying the alibi again. Why? So she could say, we still get along and (speculating) she wanted to tell him about the school at FSU she wanted to put the boys in... Knowing police would listen to his phone messages. But most importantly, she was checking to make sure no one was home sick).

5) Early in the a.m., a TV repairman stops by her house to fix the TV her brother Charlie sent her in lieu of "killing her ex husband." That's what she told the repairman according to her video interview. Why?

6). At noon that day (DM was shot around 11) she drives 15 minutes to an ABC Liquor store located in the area of DM'S house. She notices police cars (and crime scene tape) and figures it must be "a fallen tree").
She then takes another route to the liquor store to buy a bottle of rye for a party. Why go that far out of your way to buy a bottle of booze that just happens to be near her ex's home? (She's checking to see that the deed got done. Oh, and to leave an alibi with the liquor store clerk why she was in the neighborhood.

7). She is careful to tell police how Danny wasn't nice to her. She also told Lacasse this too on previous occasions. (You see, he deserves to be dead as he was mean to me.)

After the Murder

8). WA, her kids and parents leave Tallahassee after the memorial after telling police they would be sure to stop by so police could talk to them. They did not do this.

9). WA changes her boys names from Markel to Adelson.

A good part of this is speculation but based on true events.

Wow! Thanks for the list, Razz! I had no idea she changed the kids last names. Quite unusual, I would say, especially since their father was murdered.

What a piece of work!!!

IMHO

:jawdrop:

Sent from my SM

I'm a dentist, (not in the US), and can tell you that the practice would be a nightmare place to be at the moment. They would have lost patients, maybe not heaps of established patients, (who knows, some though), and pretty much all of their new patient flow I would think. Periodontics is long term treatment, and usually referral based. Implant's are high end, expensive treatments. The patients would be discerning, and informed. If you were thinking of having that sort of treatment, would you start with a dentist who may have hired a hitman to kill his brother in law? Who might be in prison next year? (What happens if something goes wrong with my brand new implant after 6 months, fully paid for-thousands of dollars-and the guy that placed it is on trial?)
Good dental staff are not easy to find, and should be looked after. All this going on would hit morale hard, you would wonder who you were working with, and if your position would exist in the future. The information about payments to KM made through the practice-especially if she didn't work there very many hours or didn't pull her weight when she was there, (common when dentists employ friends, to be avoided!) would, I think, make good staff very upset. (So unfair)
I do have a dental assistant who gets paid 50K, but she is worth every cent, and I would absolutely cry if she resigned. She would walk under these circumstances, for sure.

Very, very good points I would never have even considered......makes for a very strained workplace, huh? Thanks for your input.

'You better kill him' - chilling calls made by slain Florida professor's in-laws after undercover agent posed as hit man's brother in sting operation to investigate murder-for-hire plot

ETA: 'State sources tell us that they are in negotiations with Rivera for a plea deal in exchange for his cooperation,' said Gutman."

"That plea deal could have something to do with the ongoing investigation into some members of the Adelson family, and whether or not they paid Garcia and Rivera to carry out Markel's murder. "

"The Tallahassee Police Department released probable cause affidavits in the case earlier this month which they believe provided enough evidence to warrant the arrest of Donna and Charlie for the murder of Markel, along with Magbanua."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vestigate-murder-hire-plot.html#ixzz4KTcFogQd

Sent from my SM

Thank you for your input on this, minusfour! It gives perspective. While I don't like wishing ill on anyone, I do find some satisfaction knowing that the Adelsons are suffering a bit for their transgressions. IMO, they will continue to even if they're never charged. Dan's boys are going to wonder about their dad as they get older and start researching online. They will start figuring things out for themselves, and it will result in a lot of resentment toward the Adelson clan. So, their mother and her family may have the boys in their care for a few years, but in the end the Adelsons will lose the boys forever.

BTW, minusfour, interesting screen name for a dentist. Before I got braces on my teeth when I was 12, I had 4 teeth pulled. :thinking:

'You better kill him' - chilling calls made by slain Florida professor's in-laws after undercover agent posed as hit man's brother in sting operation to investigate murder-for-hire plot

ETA: 'State sources tell us that they are in negotiations with Rivera for a plea deal in exchange for his cooperation,' said Gutman."

"That plea deal could have something to do with the ongoing investigation into some members of the Adelson family, and whether or not they paid Garcia and Rivera to carry out Markel's murder. "

"The Tallahassee Police Department released probable cause affidavits in the case earlier this month which they believe provided enough evidence to warrant the arrest of Donna and Charlie for the murder of Markel, along with Magbanua."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vestigate-murder-hire-plot.html#ixzz4KTcFogQd

BBM Yes! All's going as planned! :thumb:

Does anyone find it odd why the hit man are not rolling over? If I am not mistaken this is a death penalty case, and the evidence in tallahassee against the hit men is pretty strong. I don't seem why they are not rolling over, given we are a month away from trial. Maybe there is a deal in the works, but it just seems so odd why they don't plea to say 20 years in exchange to giving up the person who hired them.

Also the girlfriend - why not arrest her and put pressure on her to roll over? She could plead to accessory or perhaps get off scott free if she gave away the true murderer.

They just said on 20/20 that Riveria has a plea deal in the works. So it looks like he will roll. At same time, whether Adelsons are involved or not, in a death penalty case, wouldn't they roll anyway? There is alot of circumstantial evidence to support the rolling but still I think you need all 3 to roll to have a iron clad case against the person who hired them.

Also at this point, what keeps the people who hired the hitman in the country? I wonder if police are closely watching them, as they could easily flea to a country without extradition, especially when they announce on TV basically that the hit man are rolling.

Can anyone from the Tallahassee area tell me where Timberlake Plaza is located? And what restuarant is located there? That is supposedly where WA had lunch the day of the murder according to 20/20. I am mapping her movements on the day of the murder.

Can anyone from the Tallahassee area tell me where Timberlake Plaza is located? And what restuarant is located there? That is supposedly where WA had lunch the day of the murder according to 20/20. I am mapping her movements on the day of the murder.

I'm not from Fla, but this might help:
http://www.themarketdistrict.net/#zoom=15&lat=30.50472&lon=-84.25387&layers=00B0T

There are 3 places on Timberland not sure which one she went to:
http://www.themarketdistrict.net/shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members