NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #6 *Parents chgd w/Murder*

I don't want to take any credit for breaking the news, but I think this deserves a post in the Breaking News Today on Websleuths thread.

Would anybody be be opposed to me posting there? :grouphug: for all of you wonderful people who have cared about & sought justice for Erica.

Thank you for linking the post in the Breaking News Today thread, KayElJay. It is how I found out about the latest developments in Erica's heartbreaking case.

It does not go unnoticed how horrific little Erica's life was. To know she lived as a real life Cinderella, and worse, endured horrific abuse at the hands of those her biological mother entrusted to give her a better future than she thought she could.

In the end, all she (or any child for that matter) truly needs is to be loved. That's just my humble opinion, of course. The keening sense of loss hits me deeply today, as I look back on my own journey. My eldest turned 13 today. Those who know our story are aware that we walked away from an outwardly comfortable (appearing) life in order to escape our abuser. I was able to eke out our existence, and am still rebuilding to this day. We may not be rich in possession, but our love abounds. I am so very grateful for that. The countless cases I have and continue to sleuth here only reinforce that.

The monsters who chose to play judge, jury and executioner upon Erica - and profit from her demise - deserve to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. There is no sentence harsh enough for what they've done. May they never see the light of day outside prison walls again!

Tonight, I silently shed tears for Erica Parsons. We know more now than ever. Those answers lay the foundation for a legacy of truth and justice for the children that we know are out there, just like her. We will continue to advocate for them, and fight for their right to have the amazing lives they deserve.

This was the life Erica should have had, as well.

#JusticeForErica

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor little sweetheart. Failed by so many. RIP Erica and may your tormentors all burn in hell.

Is anyone else noticing how close her lie was to the truth?

She was found near her grandmother's home and the description was a near perfect match of where her body was found.

I have always heard that lies always have some truth in them, but this is a pretty huge amount of truth.

Not to take anything away from dear Erica, but for such as small (tiny) town, Pageland has been in the news a lot this past year. Erica's case was relatively local to me, and I am glad this child was found. I just grew up in Chesterfield county, and I'm flabbergasted of the crimes that make it to WS from this place I always felt so safe. It makes me wonder how many other crimes are in our back yards that we don't know about.
I want to end by saying Erica was never forgotten, and thankfully she may be laid to rest with the dignity she was denied in life.

I'm so happy to know Erica's remains have been located. I think we all knew she wasn't going to be found alive. I doubted they'd find her remains though. My heart breaks for her bio parents.

snipped...
...Casey Parsons had always maintained that she gave Erica to the girl’s biological grandmother named “Nan” Goodman.

She had said during the investigation that Goodman lived in a white house with two chimneys, a long front porch and a horse pasture beside it, Marshburn said.

When Marshburn and his investigator, Marsha Ward, went to explore the area, they saw a dwelling that eerily matched the description: two chimneys, long porch and a pasture with a couple of horses.

Only one thing: the house wasn’t white; it was brown.

Marshburn said that Sandy Parsons’ stepfather, who lives in the residence, told him that Casey always liked the house “but she thought it would be prettier white.”

Just :thud:

:rose: RIP Erica Lynn :rose:

Fly high ~ Fly FREE!!!

:angel:

Not to take anything away from dear Erica, but for such as small (tiny) town, Pageland has been in the news a lot this past year. Erica's case was relatively local to me, and I am glad this child was found. I just grew up in Chesterfield county, and I'm flabbergasted of the crimes that make it to WS from this place I always felt so safe. It makes me wonder how many other crimes are in our back yards that we don't know about.
I want to end by saying Erica was never forgotten, and thankfully she may be laid to rest with the dignity she was denied in life.

Interestingly enough, Julie Jensen was, in all intents and purposes, murdered in my backyard. Looking out my bedroom window where I am right this moment, I see the back of the house where she died.

So, yes, it is closer than most think.

I always thought they disposed of her remains in a pit fire and she would never be found.Erica can now rest in peace.

Rest in peace Erica. Let's hope justice is swift now as its been a long time coming.

Someone needs to change the title of the thread "found deceased", or are we waiting for confirmation of remains?

Rest In Peace, sweet baby girl. You did not deserve the horror you endured.

Horrible scumbags and that's putting it nicely. Just horrible people. What a sick life to lead. They can't justify anything now. Clink goes the prison door behind them.

RIP Erica.

Thank you Rweikel for bringing us the news! At the moment I have a kind of numb feeling but I am so looking forward to murder charges. While we're waiting, here's a reminder of some of the abuse those pieces of trash inflicted on Erica. These are from past articles dated 2013 and 2015:

According to the paperwork, investigators were told the Casey Parsons told a family member she "can't stand to look at Erica and she said she reminds her of Carolyn (Erica's biological mother) and she hates Carolyn."

The warrant said investigators were told that Casey brought Erica to stay with another family member and showed them bruises on the girl.

The paperwork said, "This family member state Casey Parsons said she lost control and beat her."
The warrant also said that investigators noticed Casey Parsons referred to Erica in the past tense when doing news interviews saying, "She was a teenager" and, "She was with her grandparent."

During the federal fraud trial of Sandy and Casey Parsons, there was testimony from James Parsons that every member of his family had physically abused Erica. James Parsons told the judge that Erica was routinely made to live in a closet and given dog food to eat, and that Casey Parsons once bent Erica's fingers backwards so hard that they broke.

He said Casey never took Erica to the hospital, but created a homemade cast for her hand.

“She would beat her with a belt if she didn’t listen,” James Parsons said. “Mama would bend her fingers back.”

James Parsons said that Erica would be beaten if she relieved herself while locked in the closet.

“Dad would hit her with his fist on top of her head,” James Parsons said of his father, Sandy Parsons. At one point, the girl developed a bald spot because of scabbing, he said at the time.

James Parsons told the court that the last time he saw Erica was in November 2011, when she was standing in a corner as punishment.

“She didn’t look too good, she looked like a zombie,” he testified. “She said she did not feel good. She said she could not breathe too good.”

James Parsons said Erica was gone the next morning, and he never saw her again.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/warrants-detail-alleged-abuse-against-erica-parson/335117435
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/im...released-erica-parsons-case/107508051#3755917
http://www.wbtv.com/story/29671341/e...ears-ago-today

I joined Websleuths because of Erica so I have her to thank for leading me to a group of like-minded, caring people who are as passionate about crimes against innocents as I am.

Rest in peace sweet girl. Justice is coming...

:rose:

Oh for the love of everything that is good. I just read the announcement, the pain I feel for this sweet child is devastating and I don't know what to say. :cry:

Godspeed Erica Parsons :angel:

I just saw this on my local news. Bless this sweet child that may now rest in peace that she didn't have in this life. Hell is not enough for those who abused Erica. I hope her siblings get help to get them thru the horrors of their childhood. I am glad she has been found at last and pray for those who were decieved by the evil around them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back