The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18 # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But didn't Henry Lee and the others agree that there wasn't sexual abuse?

I don't recall Kolar raising his hand and saying: now wait a minute ...'

johnjay,
BBM: So what you think, Kolar agrees, or is there an explanation that everyone is missing, one that Kolar cannot detail due to his prior employment contract or fear of LW suing him?

You're not paying attention. The evidence from the autopsy is that there WAS sexual abuse, but this TV show either didn't want to stress that b/c people would go back to the pedophile intruder theory, or perhaps Lin Wood & Co. had already made some phone calls. Read Kolar's book, or Thomas' book. The autopsy was clear that Jonbenet had been previously penetrated (finger or ??) and that she also had wounds from the paintbrush (but had not been raped that night). Whether you call that sexual abuse or not, them's the facts.

I read Kolar's book but perhaps I'm not listening carefully.

It just seems that I hear conflicting opinions about the sexual abuse. If it was clear cut, I'm thinking the CBS special wouldn't gloss over it, that would ruin the credibility of the whole show. I also have no problem believing Burke was exploring and there was abuse. But I find it impossible to believe that Patsy and John would garrote their daughter - dead or alive. If she was found dead and sexually abused then that was sufficient evidence for the monster intruder/crazed kidnapper. The garrote wasn't necessary for that. However, the cover-up makes a lot of sense to me if the parents found her dead with a garrote - with or without sexual abuse.

The misspellings were in the first paragraph. If it was by intent, the intent was dropped and only adds to the mystery. Why did the author decide there was no need to continue to dumb-down the ransom note? It also moves from a formal tone to a personal attack. Go figure.

johnjay,
BBM: So what you think, Kolar agrees, or is there an explanation that everyone is missing, one that Kolar cannot detail due to his prior employment contract or fear of LW suing him?

I'm not sure what to make of it but I think the CBS lawyers were not going to be happy if they said Burke murdered JonBenet with a blow to the head and then strangled her with a garrote and also sexually abused her - that's no accident. I also think the network didn't want to be as coy as Kolar was in his book because that wouldn't have been as satisfying to their audience and ratings. They wanted to say something pretty definitive, but an accident was as far as they could go - that's my guess. The CBS show certainly had a different tone than Kolar's book. And the CBS show kept their distance from the parents using a garrote on their daughter who was maybe brain dead but still had a beating heart.

The only thing that makes sense to me is: Burke did all the horror to JonBenet. The parents found her, cleaned her up, wrote the note, and told Burke what to say.

I'm not sure what to make of it but I think the CBS lawyers were not going to be happy if they said Burke murdered JonBenet with a blow to the head and then strangled her with a garrote and also sexually abused her - that's no accident. I also think the network didn't want to be as coy as Kolar was in his book because that wouldn't have been as satisfying to their audience and ratings. They wanted to say something pretty definitive, but an accident was as far as they could go - that's my guess. The CBS show certainly had a different tone than Kolar's book. And the CBS show kept their distance from the parents using a garrote on their daughter who was maybe brain dead but still had a beating heart.

The only thing that makes sense to me is: Burke did all the horror to JonBenet. The parents found her, cleaned her up, wrote the note, and told Burke what to say.

johnjay
BBM: ITA. I reckon Kolar more or less knows what took place, possibly not every last detail, but enough to explain the forensic evidence. Granted some of Kolar's clues have been cryptic but IMO he has said enough to resolve the case.

The misspellings were in the first paragraph. If it was by intent, the intent was dropped and only adds to the mystery. Why did the author decide there was no need to continue to dumb-down the ransom note? It also moves from a formal tone to a personal attack. Go figure.

I think the authors imagination was running wild with movie quotes etc. and they forgot about misspelling more words.

Did you watch the CBS special? The linguist concluded that" bussiness" was misspelled bc it was right after the author mentioned "foreign faction"... the author was deliberately misspelling the word to appear to be uneducated in the English language

Yes I saw that and I totally disagree based on my own experience with frequent similar misspellings. I'm not even sure if a linguist is the proper expert to be concluding why it was misspelled. JMO

But if you were trying to point the finger at some nefarious "group of individuals" you'd have to put something at the scene that would deflect the investigation *away* from you and your family members. It worked very well, b/c the Ramseys were not treated as suspects, Burke left the house and never returned, friends were allowed in the house, victim advocates came over and brought food and cleaned up after the detectives, and eventually, after the body had been found, they got to leave the house with who-knows-what-and-how-much evidence secreted in their pockets and/or purse!

Still wouldn't write a note. It's a dead giveaway.

I have to agree TH! I can only imagine what Woods face must have been like during the Dr.P interview! They need to just let it be. I would hope that Wood is smart enough to know that if Burke has to defend himself in a court atmosphere that their boat will sink like the Titanic. Even if he's just sitting at the defense table, the jury would see right through him.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

They didn't see through Casey Anthony :(

Catching up....

PositiveLight said:
snipped by me...
I also like the boiler idea. That is an interesting theory. It wouldn't be out of the ordinary if it was in fact on considering the time of year
Would be a great way to dispose of evidence.

Didn't they also have a fireplace? Wonder if that was checked?

Catching up....

Didn't they also have a fireplace? Wonder if that was checked?

I've always wondered that too. Why not burn the pad the RN was written on?

Different school districts have different rules. My daughter has a November birthday. When she was born, you HAD to put your kid in kindergarten if they would be 5 by December 31. Some parents could get a waiver if their child was not mature enough, or not potty trained, but a few years later, they changed it, and you could NOT register your child for kindergarten unless they would be 5 by the day school started. We are in Maryland. I assume it was different in different states, and that in some areas, you could choose which year your child started (4½ or 5½) based on your assessment of their abilities.

Right, as an educator I am well aware of the variants, however none of those rules apply here. Jonbenet had an early August birthday (coincidently just 1 day after mine). She would have been able to start school the year prior without question.

It would have been even less common to wait a year in the 90's....so I guess I'm just sort of curious if there is a reason they didn't feel JBR was ready for kindergarten at 5?

Right, as an educator I am well aware of the variants, however none of those rules apply here. Jonbenet had an early August birthday (coincidently just 1 day after mine). She would have been able to start school the year prior without question.

It would have been even less common to wait a year in the 90's....so I guess I'm just sort of curious if there is a reason they didn't feel JBR was ready for kindergarten at 5?

Maybe because of her toilet training issues?

Tortoise,
How does misspelling hide your identity?

PR graduated with a BA in journalism. I would imagine she is well versed in spelling, grammar, punctuation, vocabulary etc.

But didn't Henry Lee and the others agree that there wasn't sexual abuse?

I don't recall Kolar raising his hand and saying: now wait a minute ...'
I'd have to go back and look, but I think Dr. Lee started to object and then decided to go along. Regardless though of who agrees or not, I'm afraid Spitz is clueless and too many give him more credit than he deserves. Obviously, I do not. And like Heymom said, "Whether you call that sexual abuse or not, them's the facts."

Forgive me for being half blind! I want to see your avi better! What does it say??
Sorry. It was even harder to read when it said, "Which is the biggest dummy?" So I settled simply for "Two dummies."

My two initial thoughts are

1) toileting issues

2) just started pageant stuff, and not starting K in 1995 would allow Patsy more free time to schedule lessons, fittings, photo shoots, etc.

otg look at a report from DR.'s McCann, Spitz, Jones ect. about their conclusions to the ME autopsy and you will understand the discussion at the end of the show o the sexual abuse. What they were agreeing to was that the immediate sexual abuse was part of the staging. Very little microscopic wood fibers on slide spitz says. However, if you read the conclusions of the McCann report you will see most agree that long term sex abuse had been taking place. That is why I believe Lee so emphatically said ....To cover up...to cover up.

In other words, make it look like a sexual perv. abused her to cover up the abuse that had been going on. John had to know an ME was gonna note a punctured hymen and scarring and such airing the autopsy. It sure provides motive for all the staging doesn't it.

PR graduated with a BA in journalism. I would imagine she is well versed in spelling, grammar, punctuation, vocabulary etc.

I am pretty sure she also graduated magna *advertiser censored* laude, so if Patsy was the writer of the note, my thoughts are that those words were misspelled on purpose.

It is interesting to note the writer of the RN used a specific editing symbol that was taught in Journalism schools at the time Patsy was in college.

What are the odds that a "kidnapper/murderer" would use Patsy's paper and pen to write the RN, and that their handwriting would bear such a strong resemblance to Patsy's, and the writer would use a Journalism school editing symbol in the note?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member