The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18 # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wrap my head around all of PR's fibers being in the cord and on the tape (facts) and BR doing everything by himself (speculation) although I defer to Kolar and his opinion as he is the expert, not me.

So when JR said 'this is my last interview ever", he didn't really mean it, he went on 48 hours to refute the CBS show? These people.

As for the Secret Service - really? Steven Thomas had the CBI analysis and wanted the FBI to give a second opinion. The FBI does not give second opinions, it only does first analysis, so Thomas was directed to a particular investigator. Someone posted a brief interview of him somewhere here but I can't find it. He sent 3 days examining the RN and stated:

"The handwriting of PR did appear in the RN". However, the handwriting evidenced the attempt to disguise it, he suggested the writer used the unfamiliar hand and therefore there were differences that he could not resolve, so he could not definitively name her as the author. Of all other suspects that he examined, PR was the only one that could not be eliminated.

JR and PR must have hired an ex-SS agent.

It's another show coming on A&E this Sunday. It's called The Killing of JonBenet: Her Father Speaks

Another point of view.

[video=youtube;-EEG7-ND-ew]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EEG7-ND-ew[/video]

Perhaps they are parsing the meaning of ‘sexual assault’ for liability reasons or to diminish Smit’s claim that a pedophile was responsible. Spitz claimed in his report for the BPD that it was believed she had been assaulted with a paintbrush that night.

But on the CBS show it was said that the cellulose sample found was microscopic and did not necessarily mean sexual assault.

They were in a time crunch. The pilot was meeting them at the airport at 7am. The older kids were boarding a plane in Atlanta around 8am and meeting them in Minneapolis before noon IIRC to then go to the lake house in Michigan. They had to come up with a story quickly

What are the easier alternatives, please?

What if JR put her up to it? Told her to do it? And maybe thought she would take the fall? Since he handed LE her pad and pen that morning.....One does wonder.

Heymom,
Here is how I see it: BR assaults JonBenet and probably kills her. BR does some minimal staging, possibly PR adds to this, enter JR stage left, and the staging is all changed to reflect an abduction, if it works then the R's can leave town ASAP.

So JR tells PR to author a RN, whilst he wipes down and redresses JonBenet, wraps her in the blanket and hides her somewhere in the house.

Heymom,
Here is how I see it: BR assaults JonBenet and probably kills her. BR does some minimal staging, possibly PR adds to this, enter JR stage left, and the staging is all changed to reflect an abduction, if it works then the R's can leave town ASAP.

So JR tells PR to author a RN, whilst he wipes down and redresses JonBenet, wraps her in the blanket and hides her somewhere in the house.

How do you explain leaving town right after you daughter is kidnapped?

Why would Patsy write the RN? That's what I don't get. It is riddled with her expressions and unique cursive letters as well as items that only those close to them would know.
Her and John would know it would be easy to point the finger at her. It just doesn't make sense to me. Too many easier alternatives.
I believe a stronger possibility is that somebody staged that letter to make it look like PR wrote it. JMO

Narcissists are notorious for believing they can outsmart everyone. I'm sure Patsy thought she altered her perfect penmanship enough and just in case Perfect Speller Patsy threw in one misspelled word.

Sure, a clear headed person (whose child didn't just die at the hands of their other child) could come up with many easier alternatives as to how to handle what just happened. But two pillar-of- the-community parents who just found their dead, perhaps sexually assaulted child with all signs pointing to an unrepentant/unemotional Burke? I'm thinking they responded in a panic. Im sure in the ensuing days, weeks and years, they were really regretting the ransom letter aspect of their coverup, but what could they do but keep on keeping on with the original narrative they decided on.

Jodi Arias planned Travis's murder ahead of time with a clear head, and despite that, made obvious mistakes that pointed directly to no one but her. John and Patsy would be in shock and panic and only had minutes to hours to come up with something. The thought of self editing out her narrative 'voice' and phrases would not be (imo) foremost in her mind. What would be is "I have to make this look like someone who doesn't live in this house did this."

But on the CBS show it was said that the cellulose sample found was microscopic and did not necessarily mean sexual assault.

The CBS show is not the end all and be all of this case though, many, many experts were involved in determining that not only had sexual abuse of some kind taken place that night, but had also taken place before.

There is no simple way for that cellulose to get inside her vaginal canal without someone inserting something (fingers, paintbrush etc.). I know some have stated she could have masturbated, but then when would she have handled the brush? I highly doubt she could have broken the brush herself, and why would she have done that?

Is it possible that after Burke tortured her or even accidentally killed her including the ligature ( playing kitty for example) and after he realized what he had done, ran to tell his parents and then the cover up began?
Kids can snap just like adults can. Kids however don't always realize how permanent something can be. Maybe he did snap after a long stressful day. Maybe no one was in bed early that night. We only have the Ramsey's word for what happened after arriving home. Remember they've lied about almost every other detail. So why not lie about everyone
going to sleep at a certain time. The kids weren't going to get to play with their new toys for quite some time since they would be leaving the next morning for a long trip.
How can we be absolutely sure that they went to bed? I would've probably let my kids play for a while after getting home while I packed. Maybe they were left to play and eat pineapple and such while mom was packing upstairs.
The crime occurs and Patsy is still upstairs packing away in her clothes still. Burke comes running to her in a panic and it all goes from there. I could even see John blaming Patsy
for not monitoring them properly and forcing her to write the letter. This could have been the reason the writing was so shaky. Burke could have been punished that night. No one checked him for marks or scratches or bruising. I'm sure he had on pants and a long sleeve shirt due to the cold temp. It would have easily hid any evidence that either JBR put up a fight or that he got punished. He probably was scared to leave his room because he may have just got his butt seriously tore up from killing his sister.
My main thing I want to convey is.... nothing the Ramsey's said can be taken for the truth. If they lie about little things they will definitely lie about the big things. Muddy the waters
enough and the crime will remain unsolved. JMOO

P.S.- still working on part 1.....at the 1:25 mark. So much conversation! Plus each different accent and speed of their speech makes for a hard time transcribing! The more I listen the more I think.... it's an inside job. Hopefully I will have it finished tonight. Hopefully.

Why would Patsy write the RN? That's what I don't get. It is riddled with her expressions and unique cursive letters as well as items that only those close to them would know.
Her and John would know it would be easy to point the finger at her. It just doesn't make sense to me. Too many easier alternatives.
I believe a stronger possibility is that somebody staged that letter to make it look like PR wrote it. JMO

O/T I'm trying to remember where I've seen your username before. Did you follow the Teleka Patrick case, by any chance? :thinking::tyou:

What are the easier alternatives, please?

What if JR put her up to it? Told her to do it? And maybe thought she would take the fall? Since he handed LE her pad and pen that morning.....One does wonder.

Yes that could be a possibility.

But alternatives? Too many to name. How about just don't write the note to begin with and report JonBenet missing??

Narcissists are notorious for believing they can outsmart everyone. I'm sure Patsy thought she altered her perfect penmanship enough and just in case Perfect Speller Patsy threw in one misspelled word.

Sure, a clear headed person (whose child didn't just die at the hands of their other child) could come up with many easier alternatives as to how to handle what just happened. But two pillar-of- the-community parents who just found their dead, perhaps sexually assaulted child with all signs pointing to an unrepentant/unemotional Burke? I'm thinking they responded in a panic. Im sure in the ensuing days, weeks and years, they were really regretting the ransom letter aspect of their coverup, but what could they do but keep on keeping on with the original narrative they decided on.

Jodi Arias planned Travis's murder ahead of time with a clear head, and despite that, made obvious mistakes that pointed directly to no one but her. John and Patsy would be in shock and panic and only had minutes to hours to come up with something. The thought of self editing out her narrative 'voice' and phrases would not be (imo) foremost in her mind. What would be is "I have to make this look like someone who doesn't live in this house did this."

Understood. I don't disagree with anything you said. I am also about 19yrs behind most of you in researching this case so please bare with me . I just get an overwhelming feeling that a major part of this story is completely missing from the narrative. JMO

O/T I'm trying to remember where I've seen your username before. Did you follow the Teleka Patrick case, by any chance? :thinking::tyou:

No I didn't follow that case at all. Must have been another case??

But people don't even agree that she was sexually violated. CBS didn't think so.
That wasn't "CBS" who expressed that opinion. It was Spitz -- the one person (IMHO) who has done as much to derail any serious investigation as Smit.

Spitz admitted on the CBS show that he was given ONE slide of tissue from one of the ME's assistants. (I wonder if Dr. Meyer was aware of that little tidbit before he announced it on TV.) That was all he had to base his opinion on. He said that in that one tissue slide, he found a microscopic trace (sorry, I don't remember his exact words) of a splinter. I'm certain that one slide is not the only one that had any evidence of wood in it, or else the ME would have no evidence should it ever go to court. Spitz didn't examine the body, and he wasn't given the same evidence that was shared with the panel that had been consulted by Dr. Meyer. Spitz seemed to insinuate in the CBS show that this was some kind of conspiracy to exclude him from finding out the truth; but in actuality it was simply his trying to insert himself into the middle of the case for whatever reason or reasons one might want to assume. His saying that she was not sexually assaulted is as misleading as almost anything else he has (unfortunately) had to contribute.

That's it! I'm now off to change my avatar back to what it was before questfortrue was gracious enough to share with me something she had found.

I also don't believe at all those spelling mistakes were purposeful. One word was Business and the other another double SS mistake I believe?
I am a very good speller myself but often make mistakes with the double SS's. Either adding one when I shouldn't or missing one when it should be there.
Bussiness, Assesment etc..

I also don't believe at all those spelling mistakes were purposeful. One word was Business and the other another double SS mistake I believe?
I am a very good speller myself but often make mistakes with the double SS's. Either adding one when I shouldn't or missing one when it should be there.
Bussiness, Assesment etc..

So you wouldn't deliberately misspell words if you were trying to hide your identity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769