Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIG THANK YOU TO OUR TWITTER POSTERS!!!!!! Throughout this whole trial, you have been FABULOUS!!! When the dust settles we have everything there at our fingertips to pull apart and chat over. And you kept everyone updated who couldn't be around for the exciting parts.

:tyou::tyou::tyou::tyou:

That's what I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the recording:

"It was cos she was really drunk and whatever and I like forced her out on the balcony and I think that she might have jumped off."

"I don’t know what the (expletive) happened, it is crazy. I swear to god I didn’t push her, I just chucked her out on the balcony and locked the door because she was beating me up.”

Gabe himself said he 'chucked her'.... .. to me, that's throwing, shoving, etc but hey.. the verdict is nearly in..

Will not surprise me if it is never delivered, and the Jury is discharged. The Judge is confronted with proof positive that a Juror has conducted themself in complete contradiction of his direction that they must not discuss this Trial anywhere outside the Jury Room.

(quote)

Moonshine is a strong and dangerous alcohol. Consuming it leads to quick intoxication. However, far more serious effects of moonshine are also possible when drinkers consume this unregulated, illegal product, including blindness and death.
http://www.answers.com/article/580924/common-side-effects-of-drinking-moonshine
Exactly where is it proven that it was "moonshine"? Do you have a link, or is this just another assertion without substance (the 2nd today)? I dont believe the alcohol in question has ever been tested and results published.

It is just the one member here that started using that word, and everyone hopped on the bandwagon and took it for granted it was some rough moonshine. None of us know the quality of that distillate, or its composition, or even that Tostee himself brewed it. So this is yet another furphy that is explored for amusement.

Exactly where is it proven that it was "moonshine"? Do you have a link, or is this just another assertion without substance (the 2nd today)? I dont believe the alcohol in question has ever been tested and results published.

It is just the one member here that started using that word, and everyone hopped on the bandwagon and took it for granted it was some rough moonshine. None of us know the quality of that distillate, or its composition, or even that Tostee himself brewed it. So this is yet another furphy that is explored for amusement.
(quote)
There's a million cops around my building. I'm *advertiser censored**ed': The eight hours of moonshine, madness and driving around with Dad before Gable Tostee's arrest for murder
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...driving-Dad-Gable-Tostee-s-arrest-murder.html

The jury was told to focus on the last 6 minutes and disregard tostee's words during the audio. If the jury truly did that I don't see how they could come back with Not Guilty.

I wish this forum auto-refreshed and made beeping noises with each reply so I could get some work done.

(quote)
There's a million cops around my building. I'm *advertiser censored**ed': The eight hours of moonshine, madness and driving around with Dad before Gable Tostee's arrest for murder
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...driving-Dad-Gable-Tostee-s-arrest-murder.html
So some reporter who uses journalistic licence to colloquially describe distillate in a headline as 'moonshine', is a source for your facts? A reporter who has never even seen the item in question, let alone tested it? SMH

Distillate = Moonshine.

FFS do we have to keep quibbling over this cr*p.? The verdict is in!!!

Question...is it typical for a judge to tell a jury to dismiss audio portions when the accused is talking about what occurred after the fact? I mean, if someone shot somebody and then was on audio tape talking about it, would that not be allowed for consideration by the jury?

Question...is it typical for a judge to tell a jury to dismiss audio portions when the accused is talking about what occurred after the fact? I mean, if someone shot somebody and then was on audio tape talking about it, would that not be allowed for consideration by the jury?
This case is unique, in that there wasn't a direct physical act that caused the death.

Had the tape said, "Yeah, I just picked her up, and chucked her off the balcony.", then it would likely be allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member