Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
one would like to think so........ ... it would be nice to think that the people of Surfers took ownership , in a way , of this tragedy .

and it might work in other ways, too, it's a tourist town, and the dollar flow relies on that, so a sort of community rejection of how it all went down may go towards reassuring potential tourists in the future that Surfers can be safe.

I was up in SP for a week, May this year. Visiting family, who 's capacity for endless craziness hasn't diminished regardless of the consequences, but even they were appalled.. I think because of the blatancy of him simply walking out and around the town centre, and of course, the slice of pizza. This couldn't be got grips on , and still cant. Even after the verdict, one rang me just now , in high dudgeon about the verdict ...

Oh I understand you now. I got a call my eldest brother died tragically. Screamed and handed the phone to hubby. Second brother died two years later tragically. Family knew not to call me but hubby. He came home from work and I went into shock and straight to the doctors. Long story short, death is unexpected but your reaction is extreme. I couldn't eat for a month but Tostee got pizza. One way of trying to reduce blood alcohol level (my opinion).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I doubt, regardless of the persistent attempt to try and paint a picture of suicide by the Mens Rights Activists that the coroner will go down that road. There is no grounds for that conclusion either.

I can honestly say I've never come across even a single person that has suggested Warriena's death was the result of suicide, male or female.

Probably will be ruled an accident caused by her attempting, while under the influence of moonshine, to escape from GT's property. Or, rather, not his property.

Yes, I would say a coroner's ruling of accidental death is on the cards.

I hope his/her ruling comes quickly. Warriena's family need to be able to remember their girl with love and laughter. They need to be able to cherish the good, and put the bad to rest. They need to be able to move on.

Just a few observations now that the jury has returned their verdict, I'll try to be brief as possible.

Thanks, JCB for your input in this. For those thinking that there was a blinkered view and that there was no respect for people who believed Tostee was not guilty, that is simply not true.

JCB provided a number of clear, well constructed and respectful arguments throughout this thread to suggest that the verdict would be Not Guilty and was not piled on, mocked, or criticised for presenting a view that was in contrast to others.

It's all about the way things are said.

Was in the kitchen a little while ago, and the 6pm news, abc was on.
Anyway it was said that a mistrial was requested which was rejected or refused, can't remember which word was used and then the verdict was announced.

Teflon Tostee.
A sad day for Warriena's family and for all victims of domestic violence. RIP Warriena.

Yes it is and as i have stated upthread it will be Warriena's loved ones that do the life sentence. That happened the day she died, and i know after the death of my 23 yr. old son killed by a drunk driver, who got a slap on the wrist for his troubles, that the fact those *advertiser censored**hats get away with it, that it really doesn't change a thing for the bereaved. They will never see their beloved child again in this life. So my heart is with Warriena's family, and god bring comfort to them in their grief journey and rain your love down on them. There is no bigger heartache than losing a child.

Just a few observations now that the jury has returned their verdict, I'll try to be brief as possible.

RSBM

Thanks for this JCB. You have contributed so constructively to the forum. Whether some of us have agreed with you or not, and whether or not we have liked what you have to say. It is much appreciated.

Oh I understand you now. I got a call my eldest brother died tragically. Screamed and handed the phone to hubby. Second brother died two years later tragically. Family knew not to call me but hubby. He came home from work and I went into shock and straight to the doctors. Long story short, death is unexpected but your reaction is extreme. I couldn't eat for a month but Tostee got pizza. One way of trying to reduce blood alcohol level (my opinion).

My heartfelt condolences to you Flinders for the loss of your brothers. ((((( Hugs))))) <3

Yes it is and as i have stated upthread it will be Warriena's loved ones that do the life sentence. That happened the day she died, and i know after the death of my 23 yr. old son killed by a drunk driver, who got a slap on the wrist for his troubles, that the fact those *advertiser censored**hats get away with it, that it really doesn't change a thing for the bereaved. They will never see their beloved child again in this life. So my heart is with Warriena's family, and god bring comfort to them in their grief journey and rain your love down on them. There is no bigger heartache than losing a child.

I am so sorry to hear that. What a tragic loss. :grouphug: My heart goes out to you and your family. :candle:

I can honestly say I've never come across even a single person that has suggested Warriena's death was the result of suicide, male or female.

then you have not been reading this very forum.

Off topic. Foxtel have just released a "Crimes that shook Australia" about Gerad Baden-Clay. It includes the reporter who interviewed GBC and his sister in the driveway at skull manor.

A must watch as the reporter got the heebie jebies from him and his sister.

then you have not been reading this very forum.

Yes, we have had some real agitators on the thread who have suggested that more than once, to our dismay.

I was very glad to see you were here for the verdict, Trooper.

My heartfelt condolences to you Flinders for the loss of your brothers. ((((( Hugs))))) <3

Thank you Katrina. Their are holes in my heart that will never be filled. I can't call my siblings for insides jokes and banter. I think that is how WW's sister feels. It doesn't go away but you have to live with it. I hope the media leave her family alone. Thank you for your hugs.

This has been an interesting and yet disappointing exercise for me. <modsnip> Also, that I&#8217;ll likely not be much of a participant here now this Trial has concluded also influenced my decision not to bother with it.

Most here are disappointed with the decision, which to me, was always inevitable. Given the state of the evidence and the fundamental tenet that people are innocent until proven guilty (and that includes Tostee right now&#8230;..who is now an innocent man still) and any criminal guilt must be proven beyond reasonable doubt. I doubt even the Prosecutor thought he would get a conviction. I doubt any Lawyer with experience in crime and Trials expected anything other than this outcome.

That&#8217;s the way of the Law, and Court Rooms.

Many here have pointed out that WS is not a Court Room, and that is obviously correct. However, even on the social media (especially a site which seeks to claim credibility in a criminology sense) there is little point in indulging in wild speculation and weird assertions which bear no relationship to the facts, or admissible evidence. It seems to work this way. A female dies of non-natural causes. Instead of looking at all the circumstances, people zero in on the conduct of any male involved in isolation, and just ignore or trivialise everything else which occurred. &#8220;That woman is dead, there was a male involved&#8230;.let&#8217;s stretch our imaginations as far as we can, even beyond credibility, to find some way to isolate the death as something the male only contributed to."

That is what strikes me, a total stranger to WS only two weeks ago, right between the eyes. The explanation is that WS is a &#8216;victim friendly&#8217; Forum. Yes it is, but the TOS are quite clear:

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

It is absolutely appropriate for the conduct of the &#8216;victim&#8217; to be discussed, respectfully, and I have always born that in mind. There is another very relevant WS Rule:

NAME CALLING and DEROGATORY NAME VARIATIONS

In an effort to keep case discussion constructive, name calling, general bashing and using derogatory name variations for any of the case players is not tolerated. Regardless of how we may feel about many of the people that are the focus of our discussion here,it is always best to elevate the conversation and avoid this type of posting behavior. Feel free to express your displeasure with individuals that are being discussed, just avoid petty nastiness,name calling, name changes and over the top rude posts directed at case players.

If they are honest (and I accept they are) there are many here who will readily admit that, on many occasions, they have breached the Rule, which is very appropriately there for balance.

So, to the ultimate point:

It is absolutely of no assistance to achieving a fair result to start out on the premise the male is guilty and then seek to justify that premature conclusion by imaginations. That will inevitably lead to the very disappointment and frustration many here are obviously now experiencing. The real World of Criminal Justice just does not work that way, and it never will.

Step 1: Every person is innocent until proven guilty.
Step 2. That proof must be beyond reasonable doubt and based on the admissible evidence given at the Trial.
Step 3. (a) If that evidence does not reach the level of proof of guilt beyond reasonable doubt, there must be a verdict of &#8220;Not Guilty.&#8221; (b) If that evidence does reach the level of proof of guilt beyond reasonable doubt, there must be a verdict of &#8220;Guilty.&#8221;

If the verdict in this case had been &#8220;Guilty,&#8221; it would have been found untenable and perverse upon appeal.

To those who are claiming that the system is broken because Tostee was found not guilty, I ask for honest reconsideration, and if that is done, the conclusion is that it has in fact worked very well, but it did not produce the outcome many had invested considerable emotion in.

It is an absolute tragedy that her life was lost that night (and I extend my thoughts to her Family, and also his) but, it is what it is and there is no way of reversing history.

Yes, we have had some real agitators on the thread who have suggested that more than once, to our dismay.

I was very glad to see you were here for the verdict, Trooper.

Ah I see, perhaps these opinions were moderated or deleted before I saw them. It was clearly not a case of suicide and to suggest otherwise would be ridiculous IMO.

Hi O, he has changed his name. Can't recall what it is at the moment. I think he'll move and fade away. Unless he gives an interview to a magazine like Toni McHugh. Doubt it though. I think his parents will keep him on a tight leash.

With all due respect Flinders, I'm guessing this little muppet won't be able to keep his mouth shut. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of posts up thread are GT or a close connection. In my opinion GT needs a handbook in human behaviour to simply walk out the door and assimilate with the general public. Unfortunately there will be men and women in life who will have no choice but to mimic others in order to blend in. I guess there comes a time when GT's behaviour or lack thereof becomes totally transparent. Future behaviour is the best prediction for future actions. GT is an accident waiting to happen. I believe no meds/counselling/cognitive therapy is not going to help him.

You have taken this full circle now. That has been addressed.

He is not hiding her away on the balcony, as evidenced by the plethora of witnesses coming to the rescue within seconds of her being placed there.

We're talking about intention here. Yes she was only out there for a short amount of time because she decided to try and make her escape and consequently fell to her death, but it makes NO sense why HE would put her out there in the first place if he was afraid of being further assaulted.

Watching him leave court i was surprised to see just how imposing he is. Yes i'd seen pictures before and saw the CCTV footage but he is so much bigger than WW. It is an absolute joke he felt scared or intimidated by her. He was pissed off at her, wanted to punish/humiliate her and things just didn't go as he'd planned. He may not have murdered her, but he is lyiiiiing.

Off topic. Foxtel have just released a "Crimes that shook Australia" about Gerad Baden-Clay. It includes the reporter who interviewed GBC and his sister in the driveway at skull manor.

A must watch as the reporter got the heebie jebies from him and his sister.

a clever editor who sent a reporter with a cleavage and the air of a lost little puppy.. Gerard couldn't resist it and consequently exposed himself as a poltroon, a liar, a charlatan, a thief and a murderer...

who can ever forget Olivia, eyes swivelling , hyperventilating, trying to work Gerard like a wooden puppet.. ..

That was the first thing I saw of Gerard, and instantly, like 90% of Australia, knew she was dead and he had murdered her..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa