TX TX - Vidor, near I-10, WhtFem 12-20, 72UFTX (UP4574), Skeletal, previous braces, Jan'84

Bumping. Because I genuinely believe she is either Shelley Luty, or never reported missing.

Just starting to read through this thread, but I had braces when I was younger. There is a bottom retainer they cement to the bottom teeth that remains with the person until death (presumably). I don't know when they started doing that, but it is possible that's how they know she had braces without them still being on the teeth, along with her having straight teeth.

Just starting to read through this thread, but I had braces when I was younger. There is a bottom retainer they cement to the bottom teeth that remains with the person until death (presumably). I don't know when they started doing that, but it is possible that's how they know she had braces without them still being on the teeth, along with her having straight teeth.

I had braces in the mid-90's and don't have a bottom retainer cemented in. I'm wondering if she still had cement on her teeth from the brackets or damage to the enamel of her teeth from the braces.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My bottom retainer broke off when I was 21, and I still have cement remaining on the back of my teeth from where it was affixed, and I am 40!

Was Shelley Luty ever ruled out? Her daughter's father was living in Texas when she went missing.

It looks like someone from this thread submitted Shelley in 2015...I wonder if there wasn't enough info available to rule her out or not.

Judy Jurgens was recently listed in NamUs. She went missing from MN sometime in Oct. 1982 and was heading to TX with a male friend.
She previously had braces as well.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/37344/1
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Judy Jurgens.jpg
    Judy Jurgens.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Judy Jurgens Age 14-15.jpg
    Judy Jurgens Age 14-15.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 98
Here's a side by side comparison.
Judy had dental records available and her DNA is sample submitted -Test not complete, so if it's a match, CODIS should pick it up.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Judy Jurgens Comparison.jpg
    Judy Jurgens Comparison.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 166
Here's a side by side comparison.
Judy had dental records available and her DNA is sample submitted -Test not complete, so if it's a match, CODIS should pick it up.
attachment.php
Wow. Great find. That name and face seems very familiar.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

I couldn't find any details for Judy other than what was in NamUs, which added her on 03/03/2017, but I didn't look super hard.

Can anyone share any recollections about the terry cloth top with elastic waist? I was just a kid but I recall that being a 70s style and not really 80s. I could be wrong (and please correct me if I am) but its making me think she likely died in the 70's?

Something about her reminds me of Amy Billig though I don't think she is.

I live 2 miles up the road from where the remains were found. Recently the local news ran a story to generate leads on this cold case and I became interested because of the proximity to my home. I have been looking through missing persons profiles for similar matches. I see this thread is old but I was unable to figure out how to start a new one. So I thought I'd start here. Has anyone considered Judy Jurgens (NameUs#37344) as a possible match? She was from Minnesota but the case report states that she traveled to Texas with a male who returned without her in October of 1982, Approximately 15 months before the remains were discovered. I searched this site for more information on Judy Jurgens case but her name did not appear. She matches the height (5'1"), age(18) and time period. I'm very new to this. A friend suggested I join this site to begin researching on my own. Thoughts or input of any kind would be appreciated. Thanks!

After submitting my post i now see alleykins already made the connection. I've not quite figured out how to navigate this forum.

No worries, we all have to start somewhere. Welcome aboard!
:welcome3:
I'm waiting for Judy's DNA to be finished processing since she's newly listed. There's not much they can do without matching identifiers to make a match at this point.

While Judy does deeply resemble the unidentified, the deceased's clothing (from NAMUS) was 'a blue-green and white short-sleeved terry-cloth pullover with an elastic waistband. "Present Company" or "Penney Company" brand label.' In my opinion, this is similar to a waitress uniform, which is what Shelley Luty was last seen wearing. In addition, there is an estimation that the deceased's hair may have been shorter than the drawing depicts, and Shelley's hair is shorter than Judy's. Although either of them are likely to be this young girl.

Judy's DNA test is complete and updated in NamUs. Perhaps she is not a match to this set of remains.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back