UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is misleading, all the direct info from the family and police I've seen says that the job is unfinished and the FAQs confirm that

I can see where the media got it from though, given the most recent police update states:

"Police have seized 1,100 hours of CCTV footage from both local authority, business and private individual sources. Over the past weeks this has been systematically viewed to see if there any further sightings of Corrie. Starting from the last confirmed sighting at 3.25am in Brentgovel Street the hours of footage have been gone through in time and location order – gradually expanding outwards to 8am and further away from the point of the last confirmed images of him."

which does give the impression that viewing has been completed. The next paragraph goes on to state that the work continues and that the footage has been sent for further analysis, however I can see why journalists might have reached the conclusion they did.

If there was an accident of that nature, would there still be forensic traces in the loading bay by tht time the police sent a forensics team out there? This goes for anything that might have happened in the loading bay, really, including a fight with an unknown assailant. If any incident involved blood, would that still be traceable after however many days it took for the forensics team to arrive?
If blood was spilt blood residue would still have be found by forensics in the horseshoe bit by the time they searched.

This page is interesting, Blood residue has even been recovered from 100,000-year-old stone tools.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_residue

I've been following this case on Facebook but not religiously, so am not fully aware of every detail. Reading posts on here today I've discovered discrepancies in some of the posts on Facebook Find Corrie.

For what it's worth, and I could be wrong, but despite Corrie's family saying he isn't gay, and the fact he had a girlfriend and was on straight dating sites, on Instagram he looks like a typical gay man. He also has men complimenting him. Whilst he may not be gay, he certainly looks it with his poses and dress on Instagram, and people need to remember that not all gay men are happy to come out to their families. So that's something that should be explored, I feel.

Also, although young people go out clubbing and drinking at weekends, and according to Corrie's mum it was normal for him to get drunk and sleep in doorways in the early hours, I don't think it's typical behaviour of young men. Young drunk men want to get home to bed. It also appears he drank to excess, which could suggest he was struggling with an emotional problem. The discrepancy in the statement that Corrie wouldn't sleep in his car whilst drunk, and then it was revealed he was drinking sat in his car while talking on the phone suggests even his close family have conflicting ideas of Corrie's actions.

i know lots of men can get argumentative when drunk, and it seems that's why Corrie was asked to leave the club. But again, drink exacerbates your current mood, and maybe he did have problems no-one knew about. It's also odd that not one of his friends went with him in his drunken state, to make sure he got home safely. In fact, I think they all left for Bury without him and he had to follow behind in his car. That could have been a simple mistake, but maybe it wasn't? And despite people saying they don't look ive in each other's pockets, the FACT Corrie had been evicted from the club and was drunk - and none of his friends noticed his absence for the whole weekend - is very disconcerting. You'd think just one of them would have checke dhis room to make sure he was safe and well....

So just from that perspective, it seems things weren't quite as good for Corrie as first appeared when reported in the press.

ive written too much already, and I know people hate reading long essays, but I shall add some more in a while if that's OK.

#findcorrie

I've been following this case on Facebook but not religiously, so am not fully aware of every detail. Reading posts on here today I've discovered discrepancies in some of the posts on Facebook Find Corrie.

For what it's worth, and I could be wrong, but despite Corrie's family saying he isn't gay, and the fact he had a girlfriend and was on straight dating sites, on Instagram he looks like a typical gay man. He also has men complimenting him. Whilst he may not be gay, he certainly looks it with his poses and dress on Instagram, and people need to remember that not all gay men are happy to come out to their families. So that's something that should be explored, I feel.

Also, although young people go out clubbing and drinking at weekends, and according to Corrie's mum it was normal for him to get drunk and sleep in doorways in the early hours, I don't think it's typical behaviour of young men. Young drunk men want to get home to bed. It also appears he drank to excess, which could suggest he was struggling with an emotional problem. The discrepancy in the statement that Corrie wouldn't sleep in his car whilst drunk, and then it was revealed he was drinking sat in his car while talking on the phone suggests even his close family have conflicting ideas of Corrie's actions.

i know lots of men can get argumentative when drunk, and it seems that's why Corrie was asked to leave the club. But again, drink exacerbates your current mood, and maybe he did have problems no-one knew about. It's also odd that not one of his friends went with him in his drunken state, to make sure he got home safely. In fact, I think they all left for Bury without him and he had to follow behind in his car. That could have been a simple mistake, but maybe it wasn't? And despite people saying they don't look ive in each other's pockets, the FACT Corrie had been evicted from the club and was drunk - and none of his friends noticed his absence for the whole weekend - is very disconcerting. You'd think just one of them would have checke dhis room to make sure he was safe and well....

So just from that perspective, it seems things weren't quite as good for Corrie as first appeared when reported in the press.

ive written too much already, and I know people hate reading long essays, but I shall add some more in a while if that's OK.

#findcorrie

I find it odd that he was simply tapped on the shoulder and asked to leave, what lead up to that? I'm sure he wasn't the only person shitfaced in Flex.

I find it odd that he was simply tapped on the shoulder and asked to leave, what lead up to that? I'm sure he wasn't the only person shitfaced in Flex.

I find that odd too as many people in the club will have drunk too much. I wonder whether his family are minimising the truth here a bit in order to protect Corrie. I think there has to be more to this than has been written.

Random link here discussing reasons for getting chucked out of a club, including 'looking like you're about to pass out on the couch'. Given Corrie fell asleep after eating his takeaway, this sounds possible. Sleepiness aside, if he was staggering - maybe bumped into someone and knocked their drink over - he'd have probably been asked to leave.

Jordan Thompson has been found safe and well. Good news at last for one family.
I read this before too but I guess the word 'coincidence' was invented for a reason

The search for Jordan Thompson will enter its fourth day tomorrow, with social media users posting and re-posting an online plea to help find the 26-year-old, who disappeared from home at 6.30am on November 11.
Miss Thompson’s car, a white Seat registered in 2013, was last traced on the A14 near the Suffolk-Cambridgeshire border – almost 40 miles away – at about 9am on Friday. However, there has been no sighting of Miss Thompson, or her car, since Friday morning.

I

I was doing my daily update on the Find Corrie page and have noticed a few people mentioning a further 2 people missing in and around Ipswich/surrounding areas .

1 young lad around 16 and a young girl, links below .

I don't intend to muddy the waters further but it is strange.

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/j...h_for_ipswich_26_year_old_continues_1_4774061

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/appeal_a...g_from_rougham_near_bury_st_edmunds_1_4763991

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Does Linh Vo have a thread? Very scant details given.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Regarding the gay possibility, I haven't viewed any of the videos of Corrie, but I have scrolled a little way down his FB page.

He has a very interesting way of typing that is far more consistent with a gay male than a straight male, let alone a macho forces male.

However, he even says on his FB that lots of people ask him if he's gay, he has no problem with them asking, doesn't find it offensive, but he says he's only attracted to girls. It seems quite honest. It is at odds with his typing style, but the typing style explains why people ask him if he's gay, why he a gay guy might think he's a kindred spirit, yet it also explains why his family are so sure that he's not gay.

He doesn't have a problem with anyone being gay (at least I get that feeling). His mother said that if he was gay he'd be the most fabulous gay man ever, which suggests she's more than okay with the concept of one of her sons being gay and it wouldn't be a problem in the family. So from this perspective he should be quite happy to come out if he was gay. In a lot of ways, from the way he types to the way people are describing him in videos of him, he seems like a 'fabulous' straight guy? If he's okay with that, his family's okay with that, and his workmates are okay with that, and he still seems to be very attractive to the girls, then there's no problem with that, and it doesn't have to imply he's gay.

But, while I think now that Corrie's sexuality probably doesn't need to be questioned, he does seem to be sending out those vibes, and either a gay man or a hyper-macho man might misinterpret these vibes. And 99% of the time if a gay guy starts chatting him up he'd probably just make light of it so the guy doesn't feel embarrassed and they'd hug and become friends for life. And 99% of encounters with hyper-macho men he'd probably just say that he's in the RAF and point out an ex-girlfriend and then they'd drink each other under the table and be friends for life.

It's the other 1% (less than 1% in reality) that are the problem. Not because Corrie's behaviour is a problem but because these people have problems in their own head.

A gay man could sense all these 'gay' vibes and when Corrie turns them down they're angry and think it must be something personal. Or they might not care what Corrie's sexuality is, they're just on the lookout for someone who turns their head. And if a hyper-macho drunken guy is out at night looking for a fight, then someone who's giving off gay vibes could easily become a target even if they're not gay, because reason is out the window for that person and they're more interested in having a fight.

If the police have taken Corrie's laptop (assuming he had one) then they could come across something on there, a private Grindr account that Corrie's told no one about, or love letters to/from a male. And I'm not sure why they wouldn't tell Corrie's mum if that was the case, because I think that would be part of preparing her for any eventuality and warning her that there might be things about Corrie's life away from home that she's not aware of. And if that was the case, I can't actually see her hiding it from us. I don't get any sense that the family are hiding things they know about Corrie, I think they've been being very open, it's just that he lives a long way from home and they don't know what he does every minute of the day, and some things they're getting wrong, and others they are being misinformed about by his friends, then they're later corrected and they have no problem telling us the corrected version, even if it's something that's technically 'not great', like having a beer sitting in his car.

Interesting post on the FB page in the last 15 minutes, about a possible person in dark clothes.

Interesting post on the FB page in the last 15 minutes, about a possible person in dark clothes.

I saw that! One of the frustrating things about comments being turned off on most posts ... we can't get the full details!

Edit: I see it's being referenced now in the posts where comments are open, so hopefully there will be a family response at some point.

I find that odd too as many people in the club will have drunk too much. I wonder whether his family are minimising the truth here a bit in order to protect Corrie. I think there has to be more to this than has been written.

I get the impression that is happening a lot. I hope I'm wrong. It's pretty unhelpful if it's true though.

This is what was written on FB. Clearly this person has seen full length CCTV which hasnt been made public. Only from the police hub which was in town.

: Now this may have already been mentioned and looked into but ...... in the police Hub outside Mac Donald's they were playing both sets of cctv footage.... now the bit that's bothering/worrying and keep questioning is after Corrie goes towards those bins and never appears again the cctv showed someone in dark clothing coming from that exact spot minutes later!!!!! Now has this person been appealed for? Have they been found and spoken to? Was it Corrie? Have we
Been looking for someone in the wrong clothes?? I really hope this has been looked into and this person has been spoken to and it's not been missed!! [emoji120][emoji120]
Praying and hoping everyday for this lads safe return and for this poor families heart ache to end!! #findcorrie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corrie could have been asked to leave the club over something trivial, but not one of his friends has spoken up to say what happened - and that seems odd. I thought I'd read that he'd tried to ring his friends when he was outside the club, but I'm not sure if that's correct or not? Whatever, we know he went to buy food from Mama Mia afterwards. He bought two cheeseburgers, one kebab plus chips. Yes, he was drunk, hungry and no doubt wanted to sober up, but it's worth asking the restaurant if he normally bought such a large amount. It's possible he'd want to eat that much, but it's also possible he was buying food for someone else too. Then again, he wasn't seen meeting anyone on CCTV or when he was sat in the doorway...

We know he slept and woke around 3am as he sent a text and photo to his brother. Which means he remained in the doorway for another 20 minutes or so. Maybe he was drowsy and took time to get up, or maybe he was waiting for someone...

On the final CCTV imageof him, he looks to be jogging/rushing and does a determined left. He then turns round, looks about, and then heads down the horseshoe dustbin area. He looked to me like he was looking for someone. He didn't look like he wanted a pee...why would he run out of a doorway he'd been sleeping in if he needed a pee? It was dark and the streets were empty, he could have easily peed where he already was or nearby. And he wouldn't run if he needed a pee, then stop and slowly walk in the opposite direction. I'm convinced he was looking for someone. Either he heard a scream or shout and went to investigate, or he missed the person he'd been waiting for by just minutes. I did wonder if maybe someone had stolen his phone while he was in the doorway and when he realised he ran to find them....but CCTV shows just him in the doorway, and so that can be ruled out.

I am convinced going by his body language and actions in that last footage, that he was looking for someone. The jogging, abrupt left turn, sudden stopping, looking around, then going in the opposite direction...he was looking for someone. There's nothing else it can be.

He either planned to meet someone at that time, or he heard someone shouting or screaming, which made him rush to investigate.

As there was no evidence of, say, his blood in that bin area, you can rule out a fight, stabbing, or accident. If the binman had accidentally run Corrie over, there'd be evidence. Besides, why would the binman cover up an accident and make it worse for himself? Accidents happen.

Again, if a local had harmed Corrie there would be evidence in the bin area, and if they fatally harmed him in the street they'd hardly drag him into their home. They'd just leave him there.

There's the possibility that he travelled with the binman inside the cab, and for whatever reason the binman has denied it, but I'm sure the cab was inspected and they could find no forensic evidence that Corrie had been inside it. Then again, the lorry wasn't siezed for many days after Corrie disappeared, and am I right in believing that dustcarts are rigorously cleansed, disinfected and sprayed at industrial units on a regular basis? Maybe that lorry should be impounded again and taken for more indepth forensics. And they should also see if Corrie's phone movements tally with that of the dustbin man's, and the tachigrap of the lorry.

It seems too coincidental that Corrie vanished from the area near the time the dustbin lorry entered there, and his phone took the same journey as the dustbin driver took. Corrie wouldn't have lifted the lid of an industrial bin and throw his phone inside, and a thief wouldn't put it in a bin, either...they'd just sling it...and someone would have come across it.

Why haven't the police investigated him more?

I get the impression that is happening a lot. I hope I'm wrong. It's pretty unhelpful if it's true though.

Me too. I think its only natural to want to protect to your child/brother/nephew from the negative media and criticism hense them minimising/sometimes being completely irrational with their statements such as thinking he wouldn't leave the dog.

I also like to think that the club/take away etc are probably giving a completely honest account to the police of events that night, but I can't help thinking if the family have gone to speak to them - they may be just giving the family an account that they want to hear. What bouncer is going to tell the mother of her now missing son that he was the one responsible for ejecting him for a club that could have set off the domino effect that has resulted in him going missing?

I know quite a lot of gay men in the Army and they're all very open and honest about it and all but one are the stereotypical camp, flambouyant, OTT types. One is trans and goes out with the lads at the weekend dressed as a woman. It's really not as taboo as it used to be. I know lots of soldiers like Corrie (and RAF are reknowned for being the princesses of the tri-services anyway) who are poker straight, the only man they're in love with is themselves :laughing: The you get the opposite end who get extra duties because they don't wash their kit or shave properly. There are lots of non-macho, skinny jeans, pink shirt wearing military personnel. I really read nothing into his mannerisms or clothing as 'gay'.

It's appalling how it took 3 days for anybody to know he was missing. Why didn't his 'mates' question where he was. Military that live in the blocks live in each others pockets. They are together constantly. Even wandering around on camp they're always in pairs or groups. I don't understand how nobody gave a toss that he wasn't there.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Don't know for definite, can only speculate but it always used to be the case that young RAF guys used to go back home at weekends. In my teenage years I used to travel up north from the local train station on a Friday and it would be packed with young men travelling back to see their girl friends/family etc. Factoring in that BSE is not the most happening town, it wouldn't surprise me if a lot still headed home.

So it could be that those nearest to him could have been away for the weekend perhaps?

Me too. I think its only natural to want to protect to your child/brother/nephew from the negative media and criticism hense them minimising/sometimes being completely irrational with their statements such as thinking he wouldn't leave the dog.

I also like to think that the club/take away etc are probably giving a completely honest account to the police of events that night, but I can't help thinking if the family have gone to speak to them - they may be just giving the family an account that they want to hear. What bouncer is going to tell the mother of her now missing son that he was the one responsible for ejecting him for a club that could have set off the domino effect that has resulted in him going missing?

Precisely. My mother in law thinks the sun shines out of my husband's bum but if she saw him in the Mess during 'Naked Bar' she'd be mortified. To be fair, Uncle Tony is probably a bit switched on about that stuff and his mum, as much as she is not naive, she is still his mum and likely a bit blinkered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa