The Sidebar - Harris Trial #3 *VERDICT - GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the life insurance was paid out, unless they paid it to LH. If RH was the beneficiary they wouldn't have given it to him due to the murder charge. I wondered if that was part of the reason she divorced him - to be able to get it.

Home Depot paid for the funeral. It's pathetic that she hasn't given Cooper a headstone.

Probably every dime has gone to attorneys.

Remember? This was one of the first topics of conversation from jail - how to get the insurance money.

"“Through the investigation, Harris has made comments to family members regarding a life insurance policy that he has on Cooper and what they need to do in order to file for it,” reads a search warrant issued by the Cobb County Police Department on June 24."

By the way the go fund me account amassed over $22,000.00
Let that sink in.

This would have grown much greater than it did if the public had not closed their wallets due to suspicions of Cooper's death actually being a homicide. I donate to many victims' and their families on WS but did not for this one.
However, a donation was recently given to www.acandyrose.com for maintaining the JonBenet Ramsey files all of these 20 years.

In this case if you look at the gravesite link quoted in this thread you will see in the distance different types and sizes of markers, it doesn't seem to have a set requirement. She could have put anything it appears.

Kind of like having a safe car seat - not a priority.

No. why have your atty bring it up to the world. Why not ignore and go on with life. She is looking for more money.

Soooo. Let me think. She's looking for more cash. They had a and other donation sites at TOD. HD paid for the funeral. There was an ins policy. JRH intended to become a spokesman for FBS and she would quit work to have another baby born in a new home in a good school district.

I get it. Advantage: Cash

[video]https://youtu.be/v9f3D1MsBmI?t=13232[/video]

And this is why I came here to WS. Too many tears tonight. Rest in peace, sweet Cooper!

ETA - I cannot figure out to embed the actual video into WS (I have used the insert video button). Sorry.

Oh, GA Peach. :grouphug: You've been quite the asset on Cooper's case. Thank you for your careful considerations and observations.

I wept during that scene when it was played in court. I understand some of the jurors laughed at some of little Cooper's videos like the one at the beach when he giggles so sweetly when the ocean encircles his tiny feet. :rose:

BTW ~ BBs SW was released in Missy Bevers' murder. Minor slid over to Missy's case, too. And today, for the first time, Cannonball is considering it a targeted hit!

Not local but it would be worth the trip to stand in support of Cooper.

I wonder what the rest of the family thinks. We know LH is on RH'a side. Her mom, too. Maybe deep down they know he did it on purpose but are trying to save LH'a behind. Do the rest of the family members side with RH? They aren't here to support either RH or Cooper.
I am planning on driving from eastern North Carolina to attend
the sentencing. I have ordered a shirt special for the occasion. #JusticeforCooper

RBBM

Except there was no gravestone. There may not have been an unsigned letter either.

Anyway, I'm laying some of the bad press on Leanna's lawyer's doorstep. Way back he released a statement threatening to sue some media outlets and said Leanna needed to be left alone to grieve. And msm actually did back off, whether because of his threat or simply because there was no news, I dunno, but things went quiet.

The next time we heard about Leanna was when her lawyer released a copy of her victim impact statement. Another odd act was that he helped her fill it out and she listed herself as victim, not Cooper (there was a line to name one's relationship to the victim - i.e. "mother"). That blunder made headlines at CNN. A large part of the statement was about how the media ruined her life.

My point is that her lawyer hasn't done her any favors. The media left her alone until he put her back in the headlines. And now he's doing it again with this statement about Leanna needing money in order to buy Cooper a headstone. That rings untrue and sounds like a ploy to get money from the public. I don't know if she's paying him but IMO she'd be much better off without his so-called help.

I'm going to disagree because I am somebody who is sending money for the headstone. The money is going directly to the Tuscaloosa Memorial Park (payable to them) and she will be purchasing the headstone through the park with that money. If she does not purchase a headstone, the Memorial Park will be sending the money back to everyone donating.

Oh, GA Peach. :grouphug: You've been quite the asset on Cooper's case. Thank you for your careful considerations and observations.

I wept during that scene when it was played in court. I understand some of the jurors laughed at some of little Cooper's videos like the one at the beach when he giggles so sweetly when the ocean encircles his tiny feet. :rose:

BTW ~ BBs SW was released in Missy Bevers' murder. Minor slid over to Missy's case, too. And today, for the first time, Cannonball is considering it a targeted hit!

I didn't realize Missy's case was still so active on here! Going to go look it up! I followed for awhile but haven't stopped by her thread in awhile.

I'm really disturbed about the grave stone, as many of you are. Is it possible that LH just believes that he's not in there anymore, he's in heaven, its only where his shell is? I've heard people say that, wondering if it's an aspect to her specific religion. Is she Baptist? I don't know, I just hate the thought of him continuing to be neglected.

I'm Baptist, and I still think a grave marker is important ??

I'm going to disagree because I am somebody who is sending money for the headstone. The money is going directly to the Tuscaloosa Memorial Park (payable to them) and she will be purchasing the headstone through the park with that money. If she does not purchase a headstone, the Memorial Park will be sending the money back to everyone donating.

"She" being LT? She has more money in cash than some hard working people on here....
27,000 ins
Savings acct
Etc etc...she doesn't need money for a headstone. And I wouldn't trust her to do it. And where does all the extra funds go?

Thank you for the update on Missy!! I will check it out.

"She" being LT? She has more money in cash than some hard working people on here....
27,000 ins
Savings acct
Etc etc...she doesn't need money for a headstone. And I wouldn't trust her to do it. And where does all the extra funds go?

Well I am not going to be one to defend her, but I know she was unemployed for some time due to the notoriety of this case--and still had bills to pay. I've been there, done that, and though that sounds like a lot of money--it's not if you have no income coming in but somehow the bills still do.

I wouldn't send my money in if I didn't feel like it was legitimate. Someone in our facebook group has contacted the Tuscaloosa Memorial Park and has arranged for members of our group to donate with checks made payable to the park.. I have asked for the funds to be donated to the park itself for someone else in need of a headstone *if* Leanna does not accept the donation or the funds I donate exceed what is needed for a headstone.

I imagine the Memorial Park, as a business, would not turn over the money to her since the money is made payable to the park itself, it is not donated to any particular individual. I would imagine it will go into the park's business account and she will come in and order the headstone and the park will simply have the headstone made for her---with no money transacting between the park and Leanna at all.

I could be wrong, but that seems the most logical way to handle it. At the end of the day, it makes no nevermind to me. I have parted ways with that 75.00, and I hope it gets Cooper that best gravestone imaginable. If it goes to the park's lawnmower guy because it was 75.00 too much, I'm okay with that too--my heart is in the right place.

Please link so I can do the same.

Please link so I can do the same.

I sent the check payable to: Tuscaloosa Memorial Park

Mailed to: Tuscaloosa Memorial Chapel Funeral & Cremation Services
c/o Tracy

5434 Old Birmingham Hwy, Tuscaloosa, AL 35404

No. why have your atty bring it up to the world. Why not ignore and go on with life. She is looking for more money.

You've got this LH profile pegged. Perhaps they always thought crowd fund raising would be part of the aftermath.

Always admired your no nonsense approach to telling it like it is, jdj. You state the obvious compounded with common sense. I hope to be involved in another case with you in the future.

BBM - Well I am going to answer (even if you refrain) because I posted the original statement by her lawyer.

#1 - To me it was a bit unseemly to toss that bit of information out there - a very thinly veiled attempt to get others to do what she should and could have done - put a marker on her dead child's grave.

#2 - She was a suspect at the beginning due in part due to her strange behavior and statements -up to and including the things she said at Cooper's funeral. So, to me, this is a continuation of abnormal behavior. Most of us have family or friends who have a deceased child. Do *any* of them leave them in an unmarked grave?

#3 - Although the jury was not made aware of the insurance $, we all know about it and that is traditionally used for funeral expenses - *including* a grave marker. It seems out of $27,000 a couple of thousand (or even less) could be spared for this important memorial to their son.

#4 - The whole statement just rubbed me the wrong way - I'm sorry - I obviously do not click with her and find her demeanor and statements (even those that have been crafted over time) to be insincere and lacking something.

#5 - When she made some of those unusual statements about not bringing Cooper back if she could, someone opined that it was a "southern religious" idea that they had heard often at funerals. I'm not so sure about that but I am pretty sure (having lived my entire life in Ga. and Ala.) that putting a marker on a loved one's grave IS a southern tradition - religious or not - so if she was so shaped by her geography and southern culture about one point - why not the other?

are we sure the insurance company paid out ? I do know for a fact after working for lawyers 22 years that many insurance companies love love LOVE to get out of paying claims. If they had a clause in the policy that said they will not pay out if the deceased was murdered then, well there ya go she gets nothing. I am not sure if any proceeds were ever disbursed. If someone knows otherwise please advise but I bet they never paid out or at the very least they held off till the verdict., Just saying, ( I hate insurance compaines, I think you should goughe them every chance you get , they are the devil)

Well I am not going to be one to defend her, but I know she was unemployed for some time due to the notoriety of this case--and still had bills to pay. I've been there, done that, and though that sounds like a lot of money--it's not if you have no income coming in but somehow the bills still do.

I wouldn't send my money in if I didn't feel like it was legitimate. Someone in our facebook group has contacted the Tuscaloosa Memorial Park and has arranged for members of our group to donate with checks made payable to the park.. I have asked for the funds to be donated to the park itself for someone else in need of a headstone *if* Leanna does not accept the donation or the funds I donate exceed what is needed for a headstone.

I imagine the Memorial Park, as a business, would not turn over the money to her since the money is made payable to the park itself, it is not donated to any particular individual. I would imagine it will go into the park's business account and she will come in and order the headstone and the park will simply have the headstone made for her---with no money transacting between the park and Leanna at all.

I could be wrong, but that seems the most logical way to handle it. At the end of the day, it makes no nevermind to me. I have parted ways with that 75.00, and I hope it gets Cooper that best gravestone imaginable. If it goes to the park's lawnmower guy because it was 75.00 too much, I'm okay with that too--my heart is in the right place.
I think that's a wonderful sentiment.

On one side, the snarky cynical side, I don't want any donation made because even if the donation is made to the cemetery it is inadvertently putting money in LH's pocket because she gets to keep any money she might have paid. That's assuming all negative things are true and that she's making a play for money.

The empathetic side of me realizes that my snarky, nasty reaction isn't so nice and that LT has been through a lot. Granted, I have mental health issues to begin with but if I were in her shoes this would have brought me to my knees and behind closed doors she probably reached new lows. Cooper's mom shouldn't be an impediment to his gravestone.

Then I try to find the realist in me (capable of doing so after years of therapy) and in this moment I think that the answer is probably somewhere in the middle. As NCTeacher pointed out life probably was hard and employment (may have been?) sporadic. As far as I know legal obligations (like leases) and car notes don't end with RH'S arrest but his breadwinning salary does. Immediately.

I don't know why there is no headstone. I'm hoping she was wanting to see how the trial resolved to determine how prominently RH should be mentioned on the gravestone (for example, may now omit, "Cherished son of JRH"). Her attorney's statement rubbed me the wrong way. I won't attribute the words to LT until I hear her say them. I've heard too many lawyers, especially ones that are friendly with their clients, take the liberty of speaking FOR them and at times doing more harm than good. My sides are still debating. I may contribute a small sum to the cemetery for either Cooper's gravestone or for a gravestone for another child who's family may not be able to afford it.

I youtubed Georgia prisons and found many videos about the conditions of their prisons. One video said Georgia had closed 7 prisons in 5 years which caused much overcrowding and increased violence. They had a hunger strike several years ago. wow I would not want to be Ross.If he did it on purpose he deserves everything thats comming to him but if he really did just forget which is hard to believe I know, it will be a shame and maybe an unfair sentence.

700 kids have died in cars in this country since 1998 like Leanna said, it does happen

Oh goodness lots of drugs booze and cell phones in Georgia prisons, 46 guards busted for it lol Ross can get him a phone and he will feel right at home lol

[video=youtube;XDChHbACt_Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDChHbACt_Q[/video]

IMO because there were so many children who died in a hot car due to parent forgetting they were there, Ross thought he would be considered just one more: I believe he is guilty
and glad he was found guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member