Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I jog alone a lot. A gym is soul crushing. I need the solitude to be sane. There are various ways to remain safe and the risk is extremely low. I have a better chance of getting bitten by a rattlesnake. I refuse to take the joy out of my life because there may be some risk. Be prepared, know how to defend yourself, don't be a victim and then... don;t be afraid to live.

Great post, Gitana. I so agree. We have to not be so fearful that we can't enjoy life. We should be able to enjoy our hiking expeditions, our jogging, our walking the trails, whether alone or with others. Most of the time I am alone, so just have to go prepared. I'm thinking on that a little more now yet again I'd rather not worry about it that much, and just being me will take my chances. I have recently started taking my cell phone though. That's a start. :)

Okay good folks! I'm out. Missing autistic boy from Pearland, Texas.

My theory is that this is a hoax that did not play out how they expected it to. I think they expected Sherri's disappearance to get a lot more national media coverage and for the entire country to be looking for her. Then she would be found and the basic details would cause outrage across America. Instead, her disappearance was overshadowed by the election and its aftermath. The reaction by most people seems to be along the lines of "Something's fishy here" when I bet they thought it would be "What is happening in this country?!"

Female on Female rape is possible.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks for bringing this up. It's been on my mind, but I couldn't think of a delicate way to broach the subject.

Whatever happened... I'm GLAD she's ALIVE.

I don't know what to think. It seemed like a genuine scenario for an abduction--attractive young woman out for a jog alone in a rural area. Husband passing his LDT. (Of course, the ransom offer was incredibly weird.)

I would now be thinking hoax for sure, but I made the mistake of believing that that young woman being kidnapped from in Vallejo was a hoax (as it had all the makings of a hoax and the cops determined it was a hoax--and they were dead wrong.) So I am withholding judgment. But I do acknowledge this news just sounds unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right. I think I know why fingers are pointing. But we don't know enough to say what happened and why. But I guess the question is if a victim has character deficits is empathy no longer justified. Regardless, I'm going to examine my reaction based on your post.

This blessed my heart. I just wanted to say that. Sometimes life is creepy and weird and stuff happens and we all go "whoa!!" but other times we need to extend some grace and compassion, and as hard as it may be, some understanding.

No matter what *really* happened to Sherri... my heart goes out to her. I have no inclination to mock her, make fun of her, or make her the butt of jokes - as I've seen here. Whatever really happened, her husband, extended family and kids are suffering for it. I want only what is best for her, and those who genuinely care about her.

I hope all that makes sense, I'm crying a lot so my words don't always come out the way I may intend.

FWIW & moo & all that WS expected stuff.

This blessed my heart. I just wanted to say that. Sometimes life is creepy and weird and stuff happens and we all go "whoa!!" but other times we need to extend some grace and compassion, and as hard as it may be, some understanding.

No matter what *really* happened to Sherri... my heart goes out to her. I have no inclination to mock her, make fun of her, or make her the butt of jokes - as I've seen here. Whatever really happened, her husband, extended family and kids are suffering for it. I want only what is best for her, and those who genuinely care about her.

I hope all that makes sense, I'm crying a lot so my words don't always come out the way I may intend.

FWIW & moo & all that WS expected stuff.

Very sweet and well said.

skibidoo was talking about how her head, heart and gut all had different feelings. i can relate... i am glad when that happens though, and i'm sure many of us have felt the same. the conflicting theories keep you open to different scenarios with a healthy bit of skepticism.

Would there be ANY video footage of the roads in and out of the area on 11/2??

License Plate Readers might answer some questions but I don't think there are any in the area. Two communities near me, Tiburon and Belvedere, have installed license plate readers to deter or catch criminals crossing city limits. It was a license plate reader that detected Fernando Castro in Marin County.

Search from Marin to Santa Barbara Co. for missing teen
Bay City News May 27, 2016
http://www.marinscope.com/news_poin...cle_62a70b3a-242c-11e6-a340-db33bfb2e224.html
Sheriff's officials said that while investigators process the scene in Santa Barbara County, the focus of the investigation is now to find Pearl and that the search has expanded to Marin County after a license plate reader there captured the 1997 Saturn traveling in the area.

How Tiburon’s License-Plate Readers Track Drivers–and Sometimes Track Down Criminals
By Laird Harrison
APRIL 23, 2013
https://ww2.kqed.org/news/2013/04/23/how-license-plate-readers-track-your-movements-in-tiburon/

Belvedere City Council approves cameras for scanning license plates
By Janis Mara
POSTED: 11/11/14, 12:01 AM PST
http://www.marinij.com/general-news...-approves-cameras-for-scanning-license-plates

A truly amazing Thanksgiving for those of us hoping and praying for SP's return to her family! I am beyond giddy that those beautiful babies have their mommy back.

It is my hope now, that SP is given the space required to deal with whatever has happened to her. No matter what preempted her disappearance she is going to require time and counseling to heal.

We have no idea why we have been left in the dark for the entirety of this case, that has been what has made this case so compelling to follow. We will know all in good time.

The important thing is that our prayers were answered, and for that I am grateful. A true Thanksgiving.

I wish Ms Papini a speedy recovery and her family all the best in terms of healing after such a traumatic event. It really was the best outcome one could hope for.

I can only hope that any guilty parties involved are found & caught quickly by LE to spare anyone else further pain or tragedy.

Co-sign ZoriahNZ's sentiments 100%.

----------------

Pure speculation below that assumes/takes at face-value the veracity of SP's story of being abducted by 2 latino females in a dark suv:

Maintaining someone alive and captive for three weeks is no simple feat.

I assume in the course of 3 weeks of feedings/bathroom breaks etc SP learned more about her captors than we've been told thus far.

Don't know SP's level of familiarity with Spanish. Most Californians develop at least a basic understanding of simple Spanish via ambient exposure. But the language of her captors--if they spoke Spanish to each other--might've limited her ability to suss out motives etc.

One possible scenario that might explain what appears to be an oddball catch-and-release:

The dark-suv hispanic female duo were shopping for a white female for sale into the sex trafficking industry and mistook SP for someone much younger. Typically sex traffickers prefer younger, more pliable females. An approaching middle-age woman isn't going to be the easiest to turn-out or break; and customers likely prefer younger females as well.

So maybe the abductor duo pick up SP and their potential buyer(s) balk at taking SP off their hands. Why not simply cut losses, take out SP and move on? Why keep her around for 3 weeks and return her?

Perhaps the level of publicity--tho not as great as one might've expected, it was still a prominent news story in the area and even made national news .

Maybe when they found out about her family/children, either from talking to her and/or from the media coverage, they empathized and couldn't bring themselves to deprive SP's children of a mother.

Also, not everyone is capable of killing. Thankfully. If this duo's regular routine were abducting females to quickly fence to sex traffickers, stepping up to murder might've been more than they were prepared to stomach.

Glad SP's back home with her family. Not sure why the police seem blase about tracking down her abductors.

Anybody else raising an eyebrow about this besides me.............?

My raisable left eyebrow has permanently attached itself to my hairline.

Stuff has never really added up for me in this case, and it is still not.

:thinking:

I'm just really stuck on the press conference. So the suspects are two hispanic women in a dark SUV. That's it? People should call the cops if they see them? I am not an expert on California demographics but I know there is a large Hispanic population. There are going to be tons of people who match that description. It really is irresponsible of them to release just that with no other details like age, height, weight, direction they were going or a composite sketch. I understand this is based on what SP told them but seriously? Are the cops there just incompetent? I'm trying to not speculate on the idea of this being a hoax but looking at this backwards the presser made no sense.

I am angry. I await a clear description of the "Hispanic" perpetrators and how they pulled this off.

Where is Dexter's list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member