Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2003 article is still off-limits for discussion here. Although it is contained in the Davis newspaper article, we don't know that the article wasn't simply based on information that came from Websleuths. If the reporter had indicated how they verified who the author was, that would be a different story. Again, even if SP did write the article, it was 13 years ago, and a victim in 2017 may not hold the same belief system they held in 2003. Regardless of anyone's belief system, nobody deserves to be abducted because of it. WS policy is that it constitutes victim blaming and therefore it is still off-limits.

On another note, speculation about the victim possibly having an affair is based on absolutely no known fact. It constitutes victim blaming based on wild speculation and is not allowed here.

:tyou:

Sheriff elaborates on whether Papini was 'heavily battered,' 'chained to something'

http://www.redding.com/news/local/Sheriff-sheds-more-light-on-Sherri-Papini-case-403474556.html

"When you say, 'treated and released' ... no different than if you went up to the ER for a sprained ankle, they treated you and released you. Now, if you had a compound fracture due to that bone being broken, then you'd probably be admitted, have to stay for a few days," Bosenko explained.

He also said his earlier use of the word "assault" to describe Papini's injuries was based on the "heavily battered" comment.

Gamble said that while it may never be known what prompted her release, it was likely no coincidence she was released 24 hours after the donor announced the ransom became a $100,000 bounty paid to whomever brought in her abductors.

Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said last week that he did not believe the ransom played a role and no one called in a tip related to the suspects.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article117588963.html#storylink=cpy

RBBM- What the heck is that supposed to mean?

While I can agree with you that people want to leave that part behind, there is a difference between telling everyone that you've been divorced and acting like you've never been married. For me, it goes to credibility.

Thank you. :)

CG thinks somehow the reverse ransom played a part in her being released.

Maybe he thinks one of them got scared the other would try to collect?

I'm going to post again as I don't see my previous post. I tried to edit a spelling error and may have deleted it.

From a person who works missing person cases. I'd like to point out a couple of things. First, everyone is upset at the vague nature of the description of two Hispanic females. I don't believe this description is meant to launch a man hunt but rather to jog someones memory. For example maybe you have seen a neighbor or someone in your community acting odd or doing something you thought to be out of place but at the time without any reason to suspect anything it just wasn't weird enough to warrant much more reaction. However after hearing the description of the SUV with two Hispanic females someone might come forward and say I saw ..... happen and it could provide an important lead for LE.

Second, I believe that it is quite possible SP was visually restricted the entire time she was held captive, IMO.

Third, having worked with LE in that area (on the Ember Graham case) , having a friend who is a former Sheriff in a neighbouring county and living just north of the area I'm also wanting to point out that the CHP officers in that region absolutely deal with much more than just writing traffic tickets. In that sparsely populated area with counties that have hundreds and hundreds of sqaure miles commonly patrolled by one or two deputies CHP is often closer and first to respond to rapes, od's, beatings, robberies, accidents and much much more. They are not just traffic cops as may be more common in the more populated areas such as LA etc.

Lastly, a few pages back someone posted a photo from the crime scene asking if anybody could identify the item in the photo. I may very well have missed it but did not see a response. To me it certainly looks like a men's tie adjusted to a length that it could certainly have been being used as a blindfold. Did anyone else see that or am I seeing things? My head is spinning having been trying to catch up on this thread from the beginning over the last few days.
I agree with everything except maybe the "tie as blindfold". That does look surprisingly like a blindfold, except why would it be at the apparent abduction site? It would make more sense at the "dump" site iykwim. Otherwise I agree with your post. Thank you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Auto mechanics, oil refineries, cement plants, boat supplies, anything that requires clamping off a hose. The list could go on and on. [emoji54]

NOSE clamps, however, are more specific and particular. Maybe that's what they said.
:)
Do we get in trouble for light sarcasm? About to find out.... 3.2.1....

I think the idea is the kidnapper(s) got scared that there was a six figure bounty on them and so released her? At least I think that's what CG is getting at

From the link above:

"We weren't specific on how she was restrained," he said. "After being released, dropped off, however you want to refer to it, she walked to a nearby church, and then nobody was there, and then walked to I-5 near Road 17, where she flagged down a motorist."

It sounds like a different story now. IMO

What part is different from what LE has released previously?

Sheriff elaborates on whether Papini was 'heavily battered,' 'chained to something'

http://www.redding.com/news/local/Sheriff-sheds-more-light-on-Sherri-Papini-case-403474556.html

I found this bit at the end rather interesting.

His investigators "worked through the Thanksgiving holiday, including the weekend" to find the ones allegedly responsible for Papini's disappearance, Bosenko said.

That includes continued reviews of surveillance footage and cellular tower information, he said.

Cell tower information? For whose phone?

So did she jump from the vehicle or was she released? How long was she walking around for? Was she released, dropped off or whatever near the church?

it was likely no coincidence she was released 24 hours after the donor announced the ransom became a $100,000 bounty paid to whomever brought in her abductors

I think he meant they were afraid of someone turning them in. Maybe there were people that knew.

I could see Sherri "jumping" out of the vehicle if told to "get out" by the kidnappers. JMO

I found this bit at the end rather interesting.

His investigators "worked through the Thanksgiving holiday, including the weekend" to find the ones allegedly responsible for Papini's disappearance, Bosenko said.

That includes continued reviews of surveillance footage and cellular tower information, he said.

Cell tower information? For whose phone?

For any phone IMO. Investigators can trace any phone that pings to a tower in the area and track the time,etc.

Anyone think she'll do a TV network interview?

Don't think she will.

She will not, I suspect, for the sake of the kids and the years these soundbites will sit on the internet as a reminder to the kids that their mom was missing and most likely tortured. That and there will be no followup questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennyboo