CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by sillybilly, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sillybilly

sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Missing California Mom Found Alive After Captor Abandons Her in Restraints, Sheriff Says

BACKSTORY:

[FONT=&amp]Missing Person Sherri Papini[/FONT]
    [​IMG]

Video here from KRCR News Channel → [video]https://www.facebook.com/oswaldsk/videos/10103576746628095/[/video]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525604334396831/

Authorities search for missing woman in Shasta County
    [​IMG]

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/breaking...-for-missing-woman-in-shasta-county/140704857

As of today, November 23, 2016, the ransom offer deadline has passed, and is now being offered as "$100,000 Reward for the Person Who Leads Us to Sherri Papini.":

UPDATE: Papini ransom money now going to anyone who turns in 'abductor'

skibaboo's Case Map

MEDIA/TIMELINES/MAPS

Thread #1
    Thread #2

Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Thread #9

2. Loading...

3. sillybilly

sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Please remember at all times to post in accordance with The Rules.

Zero tolerance for offensive posts or posts that respond to them.
    If your post is removed, please do not expect a personal explanation.

All previous Mod/Admin reminders still stand.

:tyou:

4. kiwi50

kiwi50 Member

Marking my spot and hoping we hear more about the ongoing investigation before the end of this thread.

5. Pamela_Brewer

Pamela_Brewer New Member

6. AceDetective

AceDetective New Member

From Pamela_Brewer's article, (linked above)

"The Sheriff also said that investigators are looking into past incidents with Sherri Papini and are aware of her previous marriage and divorce and are checking into her past, including any online activity."

Well, that finally puts that discussion to bed. Looks like the 2007-2008 divorce record is now confirmed to be for Ms. Papini.

7. StarrChance

StarrChance Member

marking spot

8. sweetchristmas

sweetchristmas New Member

The man who kidnapped and raped Denise Huskins had previouly raped at least one other woman in the Bay Area. As I recall, he also broke into her house in the middle of the night, tied her up and assulted her. He used the same type of restraints to tie the hands of both victims which is how he ended up getting caught.
    He did demand a ransom with DH but not with the earlier victim.
    I believe it's thought that the ransom was an afterthought or an attempt to throw investigators off his trail. He was an attorney and from a fairly well off family.
    Basically, he was a rapist, not looking for money. Also, very mentally ill and had gone off his meds.
    Another scary aspect: He had previously worked as a computer tech in college and used his skills to hack into the Wi-Fi of both women (on their home computers) and listen to their private conversations before breaking into their homes and assulting them. That is part of why the police didn't believe the boyfriend of DH when he first reported the kidnapping. The b/f kept insisting that the kidnapper knew private information about them that no one else knew and the police didn't believe it. Turns out the guy had been listening to them for weeks.

9. Annie1004

Annie1004 New Member

"CURRENTLY have no reason..." meaning in the very early stages of the investigation.

10. Annie1004

Annie1004 New Member

My brother has been with the CHP out of Sacramento for 28 years. And yes, CHP officers are trained for, and run the gamut of, everything from writing tickets, working with other LE agencies, tracking crime suspects, delivering babies, DUIs, suicides, horrific vehicle accidents; oh shoot, it would be easier to name what they DON'T do.

11. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

BBM.What could that mean? Has she had contact with LE before?

ETA and they are checking her past and online activity? Is that normal in a kidnapping, to focus on the victim like that? What are they doing to try and find the two Hispanic women?

12. Aeronomy

Aeronomy New Member

The sheriff said that the case is still an active investigation and that authorities are “looking for a dark-colored SUV with two Hispanic females armed with a handgun.”

What happens if they see a dark-colored SUV with two Hispanic females not armed with a handgun? I'm serious. It's not like they're going to be waving the gun out the window. Are they allowed to stop an SUV with what looks like two Hispanic females inside and question them?

13. margarita25

margarita25 Jessica Ridgeway. Never Forgotten.

Welcome sweetchristmas and all new members :)

:welcome2:

14. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching and Waiting

That's good to have confirmed. Your brother ought to know. So it seems clear that the responding CHP officer would have been qualified to make a general observation and description of Sherri's injuries to dispatch. He wasn't making a medical diagnosis. I mean really, if any one of us had happened upon her, I think we could recognize and describe her injuries using any number of words, such as "severely battered." So if WSers as untrained civilians can do it, I think we can reasonably accept that the CHP officer could also. Let's put this puppy to bed. :)

15. Msskeptic

Msskeptic New Member

The 300lb elephant in the room is that the kidnappers have been identified as a racial minority, hispanic. So, that darned well better turn out to be true.

16. Aeronomy

Aeronomy New Member

IIRC, there was a question posed earlier on that had to do with LE responding to the Papini home at some point prior to Sherri's disappearance and LE's response was that it was unrelated to her disappearance.

17. marinthinker

marinthinker New Member

Thank you Annie1004.

18. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

Funnily enough, a lot of the cases I have read about that did turn out to be hoaxes involved minorities blaming majorities.

For example, Charlie Rogers claimed that masked men broke into her home, beat her and carved homophobic slurs into her skin. But it turned out she had done it all herself. I guess faking a hate crime against yourself seems like a sure-fire way to get a lot of sympathy and attention from your community.

http://www.1011now.com/home/headlin...gations-of-Probation-Violation-291308471.html

ETA - it seems like this particular case actually had a political motive rather than just personal attention-seeking.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...e-crime-attack-charged-hoax-article-1.1141775

19. Oakland CA

Oakland CA New Member

Maybe she refused to talk to LE anymore without a lawyer present and he/she is out of town.

^^This^^

Agree 100%. Do what it takes to solve this mystery.

Yes

...and I also trust their judgement.

Maybe Sherri gave no other details.
    Absolutely agree with your last sentence.

Disagree, If these two women exist and perpetrate a crime on a future suspect, LE may be looking at a lawsuit.

At this point in time, I agree........ but they should disclose details of their investigation at some point in the future.

"No danger that the two latinas Sherri said abducted her" may have been better wording from LE.

If they do not exist, it is impossible for LE to ever identify them.

I'm not convinced KP is following police instructions.
    It's also possible he doesn't want to tell us everything.

Exactly

Hear!!!! hear!!!

Agree 100%

^^This^^

Of course they do.....if they actually exist

Either a correct assumption based on what they knew right away, an extremely fortunate guess (if so I'd recommend buying a lottery ticket) or they possibly manipulated the outcome to meet their original claims.

Spot on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My guess is that the next time LE interviews SP or any of the immediate family, there will be a lawyer present.

Any movie buffs?
    I just watched Fargo again last night...love that movie.

20. fraudqueen

fraudqueen New Member

I'm totally perplexed at this case. IMO it was a kidnapping for ransom and that's the reason that LE isn't saying more or they are investigating more into her life.

21. Pamela_Brewer

Pamela_Brewer New Member

Oakland CA

I watched "Gone Girl"
    It has been suggested many times to me.
    There aren't a lot of similarities to me, with the plot, but I like Ben Affleck and Tyler Perry! It was a good movie, not reality!

https://youtu.be/SJTacw9yI-Q

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.