Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
For comparison sake, I was violently assaulted by a stranger who broke into my apartment while I slept, and I was beat up and strangled, but I didn't have any broken bones or trachea damage, so I was in & out of the hospital within a few hours. It was around 5 am so not a busy time at that particular ER.
The fight or flight response can enable strength and endurance you wouldn't imagine. I fought off a make attacker who was taller & bigger than I, while he strangled me from behind, and having been surprised by him while I was sleeping. I fought him off and got away. I felt no pain (just terror) for hours. Actually I felt no pain for days, despite bloodied nose, two black eyes, bruised neck, etc.
As far as police interviews, I told the story to dozens of EMTs, doctors, social workers, & police officers that morning & in the 2-3 days following. Then I heard nothing from the police in terms of leads, investigation, updates, etc. In other words, they did their thing and it wasn't part of their program to keep me updated. I have heard that's not uncommon for victims.
Anyway, for whatever that's worth, maybe a point of comparison or context.

"After being released, dropped off, however you want to refer to it, she walked to a nearby church, and then nobody was there, and then walked to I-5 near Road 17, where she flagged down a motorist."

Anyone see a church on Google maps nearby where she was found?
3323b578deb3f03caa096d76fa6a31da.jpg

ef62df4f02a13e87e6a98471335d30d8.jpg

135740934aa4c24fbfdfcdb7eb77ec5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

But I do think it's odd the family knew she would be home that day. That is what throws me off.

That is understandable! IMO, they may have just told the children that as a way to calm them. This link has been shared a few times, and I found this statement by KPs father interesting (BBM):

Sherri has been reunited with her husband Keith (above with their Tyler, four, and Violet, two), who was ruled out as a suspect in her disappearance by a lie detector test

Last week he promised their two children, Tyler four and Violet, two, that ‘mommy’ would be home by Thanksgiving.

‘Of course we all hoped it would come true, you have to have faith,’ said Ken.

‘But we had planned to have a nice family Thanksgiving and none of us were allowed to mention it, we would only talk about forgiving and thanks.

‘None of us imagined it might actually come true.’

http://mogaznews.com/en/World-News/261496.html

Just playing hoax devil advocate here....say there was a male who had shady dealings, who for some reason wanted SP abducted but knew if she saw him she would run/scream like hell instantly. So he gets two cousins, two women to pick her up for him. These two women take her somewhere and keep her hidden. Thanksgiving is coming up, they will have family at their house, and lets face it, a kidnap victim puts a damper on the holiday cheer, it's been three weeks, whatever message the person who wanted to kidnap her has been conveyed, so she is released in a manner where the people dropping her off can get away quickly.

If any of that were true, we need a member here who knows a lot about geographic profiling to tell us what the drop off area may mean.

I believe this picture is taken east of I5, with I5 at the end of the picture, with this view looking west. What your are seeing at the end of the photo is the over ramp to I5. The church would be to the right which is north of the intersection.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/K...5a8bb6dd1e263!8m2!3d38.7360741!4d-121.8163218

Wow she was so close to houses when she was at the church. I wonder why she chose to walk up to the interstate. Maybe she didn't see any lights on in the houses since it was so late.

I found this bit at the end rather interesting.

His investigators "worked through the Thanksgiving holiday, including the weekend" to find the ones allegedly responsible for Papini's disappearance, Bosenko said.

That includes continued reviews of surveillance footage and cellular tower information, he said.

Cell tower information? For whose phone?
Cell tower information is often used to identify any and all phones in a particular area in a specific time range. If they were looking for location information for a specific phone it would be a different thing as in they would have issued a search warrant for a cellular records for that specific phone. Those records would include every cell tower that device pinged and the location of that phone via GPS (required by the federal 911 laws) or if GPS were not available at the time of the ping it would be a triangulated position.

For comparison sake, I was violently assaulted by a stranger who broke into my apartment while I slept, and I was beat up and strangled, but I didn't have any broken bones or trachea damage, so I was in & out of the hospital within a few hours. It was around 5 am so not a busy time at that particular ER.
The fight or flight response can enable strength and endurance you wouldn't imagine. I fought off a make attacker who was taller & bigger than I, while he strangled me from behind, and having been surprised by him while I was sleeping. I fought him off and got away. I felt no pain (just terror) for hours. Actually I felt no pain for days, despite bloodied nose, two black eyes, bruised neck, etc.
As far as police interviews, I told the story to dozens of EMTs, doctors, social workers, & police officers that morning & in the 2-3 days following. Then I heard nothing from the police in terms of leads, investigation, updates, etc. In other words, they did their thing and it wasn't part of their program to keep me updated. I have heard that's not uncommon for victims.

Good Lord. Thank you for the personal input. I don't know what to say.

That statement stuck out to me as well. Maybe after the interview with SP today LE has taken a different turn in this investigation. Sigh...

Here we go again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another potential reason for Sheriff Bosenko's statement about not knowing if he'll be interviewing Sherri again = Sherri has given him reason to believe that she may not submit to further questioning.

In any case, I'm grateful the sheriff gave an interview to the local paper today. Though his words were brief, the tone and content of his statements said a lot (to me).

Wow she was so close to houses when she was at the church. I wonder why she chose to walk up to the interstate. Maybe she didn't see any lights on in the houses since it was so late.

It was 4:30 in the morning.

Thank you. At the 1:40 mark of the video - Officer - "she is chained with a quarter inch uh heavy chain and (inaudible) on her wrists"

ETA does anyone else think the inaudible part sounds like "hose clamps" ?

ETA does anyone else think the inaudible part sounds like "hose clamps"
Hubby is deaf so we have closed caption and yes that is what was said "hose clamp"

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm so sorry that you endured such a violent attack. My sister went through a near identical situation many years ago and was only alerted to her attacker by her cat. She fought the man off in her home and thankfully managed to push him through a window. He threatened to kill her if she fought him and fight she did. He fled, but she sustained multiple stab wounds to her face from a sharp object. She was in and out of the ER within hours. So yes, it does happen. Thank you for the reminder and for the personal perspective.

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm so sorry that you endured such a violent attack. My sister went through a near identical situation many years ago and was only alerted to her attacker by her cat. She fought the man off in her home and thankfully managed to push him through a window. He threatened to kill her if she fought him and fight she did. He fled, but she sustained multiple stab wounds to her face from a sharp object. She was in and out of the ER within hours. So yes, it does happen. Thank you for the reminder and for the personal perspective.

I feel the need to just retire into a corner and count my blessings now.

Are we allowed to discuss the so-called negotiator? He is quoted in some of the major news stories but I haven't heard anything establishing his credibility. These "celebrity" cases draw a lot of wackos and I'm wondering if he is considered legit.

Another potential reason for Sheriff Bosenko's statement about not knowing if he'll be interviewing Sherri again = Sherri has given him reason to believe that she may not submit to further questioning.

In any case, I'm grateful the sheriff gave an interview to the local paper today. Though his words were brief, the tone and content of his statements said a lot (to me).

That was my initial thought. I've seen where sometimes a victim is questioned and feels as though they are being accused of lying or causing the crime against them, or being involved in something that brought harm their way. It can make some people angry and not want to cooperate any longer. Or, they just want to get the situation behind them as soon as possible in order to heal on their own terms. No fault of LE for doing their job or the victim for wanting to protect themselves from further pain/suffering, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member