Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I initially believed LE thought the same, but this new interview with the sheriff is different. He's purposely playing down her injuries- even the assault part. He also seems to be playing down the way she ended up at the drop off spot.

Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, it sounds like the sheriff was insinuating that he does not necessarily believe that SP had been assaulted. Of course, I don't think it has ever been said that SP told anyone that she had been assaulted, so not to jumping to the conclusion that she lied. "Heavily battered" just sounds like assault. And that didn't come from her.

It seems notable that the sheriff is no longer using terms like captors and abduction. This would have been an opportunity for him to reiterate that LE has no reason to disbelieve her story. There must be a reason that he didn't.

Edited: corrected initials

warrants are sealed because LE doesn't want the public to know that they're looking at the immediate family for answers. 20 warrants for SP and KP's laptop, cell phones, landlines, etc etc. gitana (our verified attorney) can shed more light...standard procedure according to the FBI...

my point is, they're not issuing a BOLO on any two latino women nor their vehicle (to our knowledge). JMO but neither exists.

I'm fairly new here myself. The other threads I've been involved with have not been anywhere near this passionate, no. That could be a function of sheer numbers, though. This case is receiving a massive amount of mainstream media attention. For most cases, not so much.

I would say that the chances of somebody disagreeing with whatever point you're making goes up with the number of people perusing the thread.

I will say, by the way, that it's all good, imho. I'm here for debate. And while it can be frustrating to get ganged up on, it's still nothing but debate.

Debate is good. It helps you to test and solidify your opinion. It's alway useful to get other points of view.

A debate is needed to get to the answers. And yes...emotions can get involved then people forget MOST of us are here to help! :)

Does anyone else feel like they're sitting at the dining room table, constantly picking up their feet, so mods can sweep under the table? I have $10 that says Sillybilly's floors are SPOTLESS! Big thanks to all the mods for keeping up with this fast thread and keeping us running.

Maybe she was terrified and wanted help asap.

Can't go to the church nearby, it was closed.

@FRR: I would have at least try to force windows or doors to activate the church's alarm while screaming at the top of my lungs!

@Russian Blue: I agree with you, no way would I hop into a random vehicle after been abducted.

Interesting ... Piece of flexible metal which to tighten, needs a screwdriver or pair of pliers. If I were trying to restrain someone that wouldn't be my first choice. I'll have to mull that one over.

It would not be my first choice because it does NOT need a screwdriver or a pair of pliers. I have lots of experience with hose clamps, and, as other posters have already said, anything that can fit in the slot can be used to turn them. A dime, for example. The top of a pop can. Sometimes a fingernail, or nothing at all can be used to turn them. It's a terrible choice as a restraint.

It is definitely not something you would want to leave your captor alone with for hours on end. Because they would escape, for sure.

I'm just wondering if initially Sherri told them she was dropped at the side of the road, leaving out the part about her walking to the church then back to the freeway. Maybe they saw her walking on surveillance then asked her about it today when they interviewed her again.

He did stress about having minimal information- saying people can forget things in the beginning due to trauma. Maybe that's part of the reason he seemed to backtrack today.

SOMETHING IS DIFFERENT...

Bingo! I bet the Church had security cameras!

On November 2nd, SP text her husband and asked if he was coming home for lunch. She began to wrap a present, but then stopped for an unknown reason and left it half wrapped with the label already written out to her husband. She didn't wait to hear back from her husband and left the present out while she went for a jog while her kids were in daycare.

Whilst on the jog, she was abducted by two Hispanic women who were most probably wearing masks of some sort, who discarded her phone and earbuds, either purposefully or in a struggle where they weren't concerned about leaving potential evidence behind. Although she didn't see the pair to give a clear description, she was aware they were armed.

Whilst she was away from her family, a reverse ransom was set up; a reward not for someone with information, but a direct appeal to exchange SP for a monetary amount, or "more money than you can spend" - $100,000. There was a deadline put on the reverse ransom and when the deadline passed, it turned into reward money. They did not take the reverse ransom and did not make contact with LE either.

She was kept for 3 weeks in an unknown location without having seen the two women to give a description and was then released by jumping out of a slowed down car whilst her hands were tied with hose clamps, presumably tied in front of her in order for her to be able to open the door, as only one woman was in the car with her and was driving. She also had something fabric, like a shirt, in her hands, it's unknown if this was given to her or found on the side of the road, that was used to flag down passing motorists.

When KP was told his wife had been found and was with CHP, he beat the sheriffs to their location and then kept the information of her being found to himself for a few hours whilst close friends and possible other family members read a poem written by KP that they had been given access to in his absence, despite not having spoken to him and assuming the emotion had become too much for him to be there they then released balloons to symbolise the search for SP, before they found out immediately after that she had been located.

Did I get everything (that's allowed to be discussed)?
I have no idea what I think about this case (well, I do, but I'm open to other conclusions obviously!), but even those who think this was a straight forward abduction have to admit that there are some areas of weirdness, no?

Is there anyone who literally finds nothing to be odd about this at all and thinks that people are being crazy conspiracists to suggest all is not as it seems? Or is it simply a case of not wanting to believe there's something crazy going on?

Genuinely curious.
LozDa: You wrote an excellent, logical perspective. And I agree with many of your points. Time will tell how all of this pans out . . .:thinking:

The more I learn, the sicker I get.

If I am terrified and have "escaped" my captors, I am going to any house I see. I am screaming and I am knocking on doors and I am pitching a holy terror fit. I will beat on mailboxes and throw rocks...just anything to draw attention to myself. I mean, what is the difference between flagging down a random car or going to a random home? But that is just me. I am prone to taking the easiest way to get help in a crises. Others may find it within them to go round the long way. Bless them Lord.

Were there houses nearby that she bypassed?

Does anyone else feel like they're sitting at the dining room table, constantly picking up their feet, so mods can sweep under the table? I have $10 that says Sillybilly's floors are SPOTLESS! Big thanks to all the mods for keeping up with this fast thread and keeping us running.

Poor mods. What a nightmare thread. i could never do what they do.

The more I learn, the sicker I get.

If I am terrified and have "escaped" my captors, I am going to any house I see. I am screaming and I am knocking on doors and I am pitching a holy terror fit. I will beat on mailboxes and throw rocks...just anything to draw attention to myself. I mean, what is the difference between flagging down a random car or going to a random home? But that is just me. I am prone to taking the easiest way to get help in a crises. Others may find it within them to go round the long way. Bless them Lord.

I would be glancing behind me, furtively dashing forth to hide against the next tree, assessing the lights and activity at any houses in view. Heart about to burst out of the ribs. Seeing a car, any car - and rushing out to flag it down before it can get away and leave me behind and alone. In the dark. Definitely no screaming or wild rock throwing, door-pounding. :)

Thank you MODS![emoji5]

You just lost $10 :D

attachment.php

google

So there;s not much else around. And it had to have been pretty dark.

IMO, it sounds like the sheriff was insinuating that he does not necessarily believe that KP had been assaulted. Of course, I don't think it has ever been said that KP told anyone that she had been assaulted, so not to jumping to the conclusion that she lied. "Heavily battered" just sounds like assault. And that didn't come from her.

It seems notable that the sheriff is no longer using terms like captors and abduction. This would have been an opportunity for him to reiterate that LE has no reason to disbelieve her story. There must be a reason that he didn't.

He's definitely changed his tune from earlier. He doesn't seem as concerned with people questioning the validity of her story. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. He didn't need to tell the public her injuries weren't as bad as it seemed. He didn't need to tell the public how she walked around looking for help. He didn't need to let us know that no bones were broken. He could have simply said "no comment," on the badly beaten question. His response about how she ended up where she did almost seemed sarcastic. I don't know what to think, but this change in demeanor has got me thinking I may change my mind for the bazillionth time.

I will say, by the way, that it's all good, imho. I'm here for debate. And while it can be frustrating to get ganged up on, it's still nothing but debate..

Thanks. I found this forum about 4 pages down on a google search. I'm local. This has been in my face media wise for weeks. Altho I don't know anybody involved, it's still local and is concern for everything that is happening is this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member