Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
No hair or eye colour or skin colour mentioned, no approximate age, no description of their clothes, no approximate height or weight...Pierced ears but no description of earrings.

Her descriptions aren't going to help anyone ID them. If that's all he's got that's all he's got, I guess.

Concealing their identities, keeping her face covered, and taking her somewhere safe for them might be something they could do without experience, but the torture and abuse - I don't think someone could just suddenly pick up that kind of behavior. JMO

Right, I'm referring to all the known details. They really seemed to know what they were doing, equipped with all the accoutrements they needed. In other words, they don't seem like first-timers to me.

I don't like what was written in that post, but I certainly don't think it warranted what has happened, if that's what the situation is. If it's not relevant, then it is what it is and it's in the past. I think its only relevance might be motive; unless LE can establish a link, there's nothing further to say about that post that isn't just inflammatory. IMO.
<snip>

RSBM - very well put, thank you.

Oh for petes sake, now the quote is gone...<flings hands in the air, takes toys, and goes home...>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SP sometimes had something over her head, at other times her captors had their faces covered to hide their identities. will discuss with a sketch artist if it is possible to have sketches mae showing just the eye region of the faces as described by SP.

Not providing information on specifics of where she may have been taken after her abduction at this time.

We do not have any specific info if this crime was related to cartel or human trafficking.

We are touching base with other organizations and looking into those aspects.

last question

I don't have specific info as to location or locations were she may have been taken

How do you see someone's eyebrows if you can't see them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM

Helpful to US maybe, but compromising to the investigation. :)
That's not helpful if they want these people caught, tried and convicted.

LE has to hold some things back, but if they come to the public asking for assistance give the public something to go on. If they don't want help then man up and say so. Telling people in California to be on the look out for two hispanic women in an SUV with little other info other than one is older than the other, etc. is a waste of time. The sheriff's position is apparently to let the public speculate wildly and KP is at least trying to say there is a lot more this story and the sheriff knows it. The sheriff wants his cake and to eat it too. I will guarantee you the blogsphere will continue slandering the family because of this newsless news conference.

Is there someone that works with law enforcement here? I'm trying to understand how the fact that KP released those details of her injuries might compromise the case. I mean, we've all seen TV shows where a suspect is tripped up when they reveal a fact that hasn't been released to the public...but is that really the extent of it?

Kept kept saying how courageous Sp was and how she did her best. Maybe she was just sobbing the whole time and they found it hard to get much information out of her.

Maybe, and maybe it's enough to trigger someone else's memory.

Just like an episode of Seinfeld...........a press conference about nothing.

I'm starting to think this sherriff enjoys standing in front of the cameras getting face time, but steadfastly refuses to give out any information, including stuff that doesn't compromise the investigation. You could ask him what he ate for breakfast this morning and all you would get is "That information isn't available at this time", "I can't answer that", or "That's part of the ongoing investigation".

Translation: "We really don't know anything right now, but thanks for asking ".

It's not just this sheriff or his office...this is pretty standard procedure of how most LE agencies conduct press conferences. A whole lot 'o nuttin.

How do you know that?

They are just keeping it way too vague to the point where I think they are either placating Sherri or they are placating the person they think actually did it. Let me put it this way: I am not at all under the impression that LE is asking the public's help to find these women. They were not sharing the latest "descriptions" as a way to get the public's input here. It seemed to me that they were giving out more of description to make these women look a little more real.

How do you see someone's eyebrows if you can't see them?

Because he mentioned the eye area I picture bandannas over their noses and mouths like cowboy bandit style.

There's withholding information, then there's this feeling you get that some folks couldn't find beans in a pantry.

So, if the abductor's intent was always to release SP alive, why did it take 3 weeks? Those injuries could have been inflicted in a matter of hours.

Also, if SP was 20 or 21 when the blog story was written, it was NOT a high school prank.

The weirdest thing is the the ex-husband said it was a classmate, but they never found out who.

What? If they never found out who, then how do they know it was an ex-classmate?

I have a CHL and carry. I can't tell the difference in some hand guns.

BBM - Did you mean to say that you didn't think he was confirming that she did write it. Because otherwise, that was what I was suggesting... I think the sheriff was actually suggesting that SP did write the post, but that they weren't sure if this held any relevance.

I don't like what was written in that post, but I certainly don't think it warranted what has happened, if that's what the situation is. If it's not relevant, then it is what it is and it's in the past. I think its only relevance might be motive; unless LE can establish a link, there's nothing further to say about that post that isn't just inflammatory. IMO.

Sorry. I went and edited my post for clarity. :) I wasn't really responding to you...just adding my thought. I got the impression that the sheriff was NOT denying she wrote it. I assumed that by now they would know from Sherri herself. And I agree, about relevance and motive. I'm not trying to discuss what was written....there's no reason to do so. Sorry if it came across that way. I probably should have kept my mouth shut. &#129296;

Kept kept saying how courageous Sp was and how she did her best. Maybe she was just sobbing the whole time and they found it hard to get much information out of her.

I'm going to guess she went through complete and total hell so the sheriff is finally sympathizing with her. He's gotten a lot of criticism for downplaying her injuries. He needed to do that IMO.

No real clues at all.

Speculation: she just survived a harrowing ordeal. Threats were made, threats (injuries) were carried out. I think she's still scared to death. For her kids, for herself, and for whomever caused this for her. How many of us would send LE in the wrong direction if it's the only way to guarantee the safety of our family?

My thoughts also. I mean, abductors could know where she lives or could easily find out. She has two small children. Who would blame her for trying to protect them? JMO of course

But if you could see that much of their face I feel like you could get a general face shape? Height? Weight? Clothes?

No hair or eye colour or skin colour mentioned, no approximate age, no description of their clothes, no approximate height or weight...Pierced ears but no description of earrings.

Well, I'll play devil's advocate. They are Hispanic women. Hair is going to be brown or black. Eyes are most likely brown. Height is most likely short. You make good points about the other things - you would think she would be able to say whether they are thin or average weight or overweight. Some description of clothing would have been good. As for age, not sure how accurate SP could be on that if their faces were mostly covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes