Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could hear parts of the questions. The blog question was saying about the ex-husband saying about it being high school prank. The sheriff responding to say SP was around 20-21 was unprompted and makes me think he was suggesting that actually they don't believe the blog post was a high school prank but that they didn't know if it bore any relevance on the investigation.

Of course I'm reading that from the way he answered so this is MOO.

It makes NO SENSE as a prank. Pranksters do not praise the toughness of the person they are pranking! They do not praise the family of the person they are getting vengeance on!

I could hear parts of the questions. The blog question was saying about the ex-husband saying about it being high school prank. The sheriff responding to say SP was around 20-21 was unprompted and makes me think he was suggesting that actually they don't believe the blog post was a high school prank but that they didn't know if it bore any relevance on the investigation.

Of course I'm reading that from the way he answered so this is MOO.

This struck me about his answer...The detectives may have asked Sherri if she wrote it by now. I didn't get a feeling that the sheriff was denying that she wrote it when he said how old she would have been.

Well I will definitely be on the lookout for two hispanic women. One older straight hair with gray or green and thick eyebrows and one younger with curly hair and thin eyebrows with a thick accent. I think the sheriff has it narrowed down to maybe 100-150 million suspects. I do hope it was green though and not gray. that would definitely be a clue. I know we are not to be critical, but come on. What did he go on tv with this nonsense for? Let KP hold the next news conference. At least he actually says something that might be helpful.

LE always knows a lot more... always. Whatever they know, they are not going to say other than a few little details.

It's always this way...has been in every case I've followed over 2 decades. Press conferences often reveal very little, sometimes nothing but thanks to other agencies and the generic "we are continuing to work this case...blah blah blah...." I'm used to it now since I've seen dozens of these. It's frustrating to case followers, but that's just how it is and how it will continue to be.

After 22 days she did not know why she was abducted? Or what they wanted from her? She must have some idea about their motive, but Sheriff is still unaware of motive.......JMO

That's what he's telling the public, BUT if she was sexually assaulted during the time she was held captive then he's not going to say that the motive was sexual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know if SP knows Spanish? During the press conference they reported they mostly spoke Spanish. SP might not know why they did this if she couldn't understand what they were saying.

If they had questions for her, those had to be in English and if they were commanding her, same thing. And if all they wanted to do was beat and torture, I guess they didn't have to select a language...........JMO

I am still on the belief a ransom was paid. The kidnappers were male, not female. The beatings and branding was done to ensure she understood not to give out real information about them.

I am on the fence whether it was targeted, random, human trafficking, or.....

If I was her I would be in fear that they would retaliate if true information is given out.

JMO

100% ;)

Still pretty lame descriptions of the abductors. Are we to assume brown hair, brown eyes, etc. simply because they are Latina?

Sheriff confirms they don't know if The Post That Shall Not Be Discussed is relevant. Hmmm

I wonder if Sherri was able to identify the type of handgun used.

No hair or eye colour or skin colour mentioned, no approximate age, no description of their clothes, no approximate height or weight...Pierced ears but no description of earrings.

I believe the perps own SP's mind and the truth will not come out for fear of reprisal. I don't think we will ever learn what really happened in this case.

I'm beginning to wonder if she was targeted for her status as a pretty, blonde housewife

Beaten, humiliated, hair chopped off and branded with a message. With the intention of sending her back alive

Sensitive details withheld

Checking for similar cases in other states

It's sensitive alright. IMHO

:scared:

No real clues at all.

Speculation: she just survived a harrowing ordeal. Threats were made, threats (injuries) were carried out. I think she's still scared to death. For her kids, for herself, and for whomever caused this for her. How many of us would send LE in the wrong direction if it's the only way to guarantee the safety of our family?

If they had questions for her, those had to be in English and if they were commanding her, same thing. And if all they wanted to do was beat and torture, I guess they didn't have to select a language...........JMO

if she said one had a heavy accent, I assume that was when she spoke english.

The detectives may have asked Sherri if she wrote it by now. I didn't get a feeling that's the sheriff was confirming that she didn't write it when he said how old she would have been.

BBM - Did you mean to say that you didn't think he was confirming that she did write it. Because otherwise, that was what I was suggesting... I think the sheriff was actually suggesting that SP did write the post, but that they weren't sure if this held any relevance.

I don't like what was written in that post, but I certainly don't think it warranted what has happened, if that's what the situation is. If it's not relevant, then it is what it is and it's in the past. I think its only relevance might be motive; unless LE can establish a link, there's nothing further to say about that post that isn't just inflammatory. IMO.

Well I will definitely be on the lookout for two hispanic women. One older straight hair with gray or green and thick eyebrows and one younger with curly hair and thin eyebrows with a thick accent. I think the sheriff has it narrowed down to maybe 100-150 million suspects. I do hope it was green though and not gray. that would definitely be a clue. I know we are not to be critical, but come on. What did he go on tv with this nonsense for? Let KP hold the next news conference. At least he actually says something that might be helpful.
BBM

Helpful to US maybe, but compromising to the investigation. :)
That's not helpful if they want these people caught, tried and convicted.

Keeping it this vague may mean LE has not felt the need to do much investigation.

I'm happy that the sheriff said she's been cooperative, the interviews have been intense and that Sherri is brave. That's the most encouraging thing I've heard him say about her so far. And he didn't seem to doubt her story at all. Keep in mind she's told him much more than he's letting on. He may say he doesn't know certain things, but the way he carried himself this press conference has me believing they've learned a lot. Hopefully the evidence they have will bring some arrests.

Let KP hold the next news conference. At least he actually says something that might be helpful.

Helpful to the investigation or to everybody's inquiring minds? The sheriff just stated that what KP said in his news conference has hampered the SCSO investigation.

So, if the abductor's intent was always to release SP alive, why did it take 3 weeks? Those injuries could have been inflicted in a matter of hours.

Also, if SP was 20 or 21 when the blog story was written, it was NOT a high school prank.

I think he has given as much info about the suspects as he has been given.

Kept kept saying how courageous Sp was and how she did her best. Maybe she was just sobbing the whole time and they found it hard to get much information out of her.

So, if the abductor's intent was always to release SP alive, why did it take 3 weeks? Those injuries could have been inflicted in a matter of hours.

Also, if SP was 20 or 21 when the blog story was written, it was NOT a high school prank.

Her ex said it was a high school classmate, not that it happened during HS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donna_Avery