Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One link said hair cut to above the shoulders...KP saying head shaved? Good grief.

I just read the Pat Brown article ( as well as the NY kidnaping-could not find a resolution to that one, even though there were photos from social media of the perpetrators). Pat Brown certainly covered most of the bases. Worth seeking it out to wrap your head around many of the theories.

:moo:

This to me is a good example of a publication that merely picked up on what other articles have said and nothing is original.

I give NO weight to that comment that she had branding all over her body as this whole article is a pick up of other articles in my opinion. ETA unless it is published somewhere else that is video or msm (and corrected to "branding")

Hope I don't sound too defensive but....
The Sheriff has been trying to keep where the brand is close to the vest so I think the branding discussion might be very important.
The ORIGINAL part of the article IS the branding all over, where else have you read that? Did the reporter just add that in accidentally? To me, it is a recap of the statement KP gave to GMA and GMA did not disclose all the details per the Sheriff's request, maybe??? OK I am done with that now.
:thinking:

<modsnip>The issue isn't the family. The family can describe her however they want. But then it's the media latching on to the term and using it in headline after headline. The media is the "they" I was referring to.

Meanwhile they give little to no coverage of the many other mothers who bad things happen to, who go missing or are murdered, simply based on what they look like or how much money they have.

There is definitely a correlation between the headlines calling Sherri "supermom" and all the attractive pictures used of her.

So so so bizarre that people are getting bent out of shape over a family talking nicely about their family member who had gone missing.

God forbid, if my mom or wife had gone missing, and I was asked about who she was, I would think one of the things I would say about each is that they were a great mom or terrific mom or wonderful mom or whatever adjective along those lines came to mind. These folks used super. So what? They were talking about and focused on Sherri no one else. Someone who they love and care for and who had gone missing and they feared for and wanted people to help find her. I can't imagine under those circumstances that they were trying to make a statement about other mothers.

That someone would take personal offense or get bent out of shape over the use of that word or attack the family for using that word, says a lot more about that person, than it does about the family.
IMO it is what he is not saying that has people upset.
The focus normally is to get the word out about the suspects ask for tips, offer a reward for information leading to an arrest etc.
I find it odd that he is making the media rounds telling about how she was beaten and humiliated over and over. I would be mad that he kept talking if he was my husband, in fact I would feel even MORE humiliated for him telling whole world.
However, it is possible that she asked him to. In that case, he's doing exactly the she wants.

MOO

That would imply that they have empathy. Yet they beat the heck out of her.
I wonder why they didn't take all of it.
MOO

Maybe they were thinking ahead that her blonde hair would be appealing if they were planning on using her for sex. The more I think about this I think that the heat from her missing is why they dumped her. What could they do with her? She would stick out like a sore thumb if they tried to travel with her, thankfully they didn't just kill her and dispose of her.

One link said hair cut to above the shoulders...KP saying head shaved? Good grief.

I've never seen a case with so many different stories. It's also hard to decipher who is contradicting themselves. Police? KP? The media? It's just all over the place.

<modsnip>The issue isn't the family. The family can describe her however they want. But then it's the media latching on to the term and using it in headline after headline. The media is the "they" I was referring to.

Meanwhile they give little to no coverage of the many other mothers who bad things happen to, who go missing or are murdered, simply based on what they look like or how much money they have.

I missunderstood too, I thought the "they" you were speaking of was the family. Media calling her "super mom" sounds like a Nancy Gracism...

I hate that term and wish they had never used it. Who's to say what a "supermom" is or isn't? Seems like when that term is thrown around, the person in question is always white and pretty and middle to upper-middle class, like no woman in any other demographic can possibly be a supermom.

It def seems to be used in relation to "soccer moms" i.e upper middle-class white mommies, Imo. My mom had eight of us and would have cringed at that label, ugh. She was much more than a mom. Jmo

Good article with what appears to be original and new information vs. rehash.

I had thought from the sheriff I heard with my own ears that one woman released her, but it appears "they" released her so :confused: on which is correct.

Keith said his wife told him that at some point her alleged captors stopped the vehicle on a road.

&#8220;They opened the door. She doesn't know because she had a bag over her head. They cut something to free her of her restraint that was holding her into the vehicle and then pushed her out of the vehicle,&#8221; Keith said.

According to Keith, Sherri said her captors then drove away.

&#8220;Sherri obviously has one free hand that still has some kind of, something like a hose clamp if you will, and then took obviously the bag off of her head,&#8221; Keith said. &#8220;She, at this point, has no idea where she's at, and gets up and basically tries to find help, runs to a house that didn't have any lights on, and didn't look what she said was very inviting, looked scary, and obviously if you could imagine her state of mind at this point.&#8221;

Keith continued, &#8220;There was a junkyard or some kind of yard or something like that that she tried to get into and a big dog started barking and scared her, and then she went and familiarized herself with where she was at by standing in the overpass and noticed I-5 symbols and she knew that I-5 North is where we live. Anything past our house, you're up in Mount Shasta area.&#8221;

I'm confused.............again.:confused: I thought she was released by ONE of her captors.

google map of where she was found please! I wonder how far away that junk yard with the dog is....and how far to I5....she must have been running on pure adrenaline.

He said both shaved and chopped depending on the interview. So I5 lady correctly described her as having blonde hair. JMO

Maybe they were thinking ahead that her blonde hair would be appealing if they were planning on using her for sex. The more I think about this I think that the heat from her missing is why they dumped her. What could they do with her? She would stick out like a sore thumb if they tried to travel with her, thankfully they didn't just kill her and dispose of her.

Could be. And you're right; if Sherri had gotten a good look at the women, they may not have kept her alive.

I missunderstood too, I thought the "they" you were speaking of was the family. Media calling her "super mom" sounds like a Nancy Gracism...
IMO she callled herself that. I thought it might have been in relation to the race she was about to run for children, but I saw a pic somewhere of her with a large superman character, so I am wondering if she wasn't labeled by her husband or family as "supermom" prior to this event.
MOO

I just read the Pat Brown article ( as well as the NY kidnaping-could not find a resolution to that one, even though there were photos from social media of the perpetrators). Pat Brown certainly covered most of the bases. Worth seeking it out to wrap your head around many of the theories.
Indeed! If it turns out to be embellished or self inflicted, then the "suspect" would be a very sick individual - (munchausen syndrome) and still a victim in need of help at the same time.

MOO

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/munchausen-syndrome

google map of where she was found please! I wonder how far away that junk yard with the dog is....and how far to I5....she must have been running on pure adrenaline.

Good question. Does someone have the map top pull up? We have a few more details now.

Where did KP say shaved? I have only seen "chopped" as a direct quote from his first statement and some media put "shaved" in the reporter's words.

IMO she callled herself that. I thought it might have been in relation to the race she was about to run for children, but I saw a pic somewhere of her with a large superman character, so I am wondering if she wasn't labeled by her husband or family as "supermom" prior to this event.
MOO

KP's sister in an early interview told KRCR-TV she thinks of and always refers to SP as "supermom". She and SP's sister were doing an interview together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emma360