Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have many questions about this case from day 1. But right now, I really wonder why you would choose to antagonize LE when the perps are still out there and you need their protection more than ever.
Indeed...

Unnamed spokeswomen??? Really... if a news outlet is going to quote someone then they should at least get the name of the person especially if person is claiming to be a spokesperson for LE.

Same goes for what KP is being reporting to have said in all these various articles. I only trust what has actual quotation marks. Everything else is just the reporters words.

Unnamed spokeswoman is just another way of saying source. Quite common in in journalism when inside sources want to share information without risking their jobs.

Just post whenever you want. Not everyone has TV so posters will want to know what is going on.

Sorry, this is in response to the poster asking about posting during a tv program.

Every time I watch that video I can't get over the difference in the demeanor of the two women.

Online Legal Dictionary
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/demeanor

"Demeanor is not merely what someone says but the manner in which it is said. Factors that contribute to an individual's demeanor include tone of voice, facial expressions, gestures, and carriage.

The term demeanor is most often applied to a witness during a trial. Demeanor evidence is quite valuable in shedding light on the credibility of a witness... "​

Honesty...it's like my kids. Three daughters, complete opposites. KP's sister is like my middle one, and SP's sister is like my oldest. Just different personalities IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They didn't make up the quote. Seriously people. I'm trying to figure out how the Daily Mail is MSM but HuffPo is not. THat's some interesting logic there.

edit after reading the post before this Huh? Just when this case can't get any weirder. So who did HuffPo talk to? No, they don't make up quotes out of thin air but obviously some bad reporting here. Could they have talked to a different law enforcement agency? Like Yolo County?

Just wow. Feel the same way about the Daily Mail.

I have been a Websleuths member for a very long time, and I cannot remember a case where there was so much conflicting information. Of course the number of outlets available online has increased dramatically since those early days. The only case even close was the Madeline McCann case, where LE was foreign and seemed to have its own agenda, and the British tabloids clearly made some stuff up.

Today LE said a hoax can't be ruled out:
“I don’t know if the words ‘ruled out’ can be used,” a spokeswoman for the Shasta County sheriff’s office told The Huffington Post on Friday, when asked if authorities suspected a hoax.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...alleged-abduction_us_5841f882e4b0c68e0480eb9f

Sadly, typical tabloidish type headline that sickens me. I am so disgusted with the way MSM has chosen post "teasers" like this. That article has much more substance than how they CHOSE to spin that quote.

Thank you. I think that says a lot. With all the accusations going on, you would think LE would be more adamant than that.

As with most new active investigations, the sheriff is basically saying we haven't ruled ANYTHING out.

Let's try to not take the bait of tabloidish teaser headlines and bite the hook. We're better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa