Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what concerns me about Cameron Gamble: at best, he's an opportunist trying to gain fame through the Papini's misfortune.

To topline what stood out to me from the Daily Beast expose on him:

He did not reply to the Daily Beast's requests for interviews. Yet, the "anonymous donor" did. There is no evidence that I could find, anecdotal or otherwise, that suggests the anonymous donor could not be CG himself.
Project TAKEN bills itself as being a non-profit, and even formerly boasted about obtaining non-profit status, but none of the online databases can confirm this (the state of California makes it very easy to confirm whether a company is a legitimate non-profit).
He claims the "reverse ransom" technique has never been used before. Except, of course, in the movie "Ransom" itself, where Mel Gibson's character "flips the script" and His "company" is called Project TAKEN which advertises to be "an elite group of individuals that have acquired a certain set of specialized skills" which sounds similar to the catchphrase from the movie "Taken" where Liam Neeson says, "What I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career." Coincidence?
"Gamble said his course had 'recently been accredited by the Department of Criminal Justice Services,' but no such federal agency exists."

And, while I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but the church Gamble associates himself with, Bethel Church, was the subject a Christianity Today in depth article looking at whether the church was a cult or not.

Of course, there is also the the timing of SP being released the day after Gamble made the dramatic video announcement saying the ransom money would be used for tips to find SP, but that alone doesn't make Gamble appear to have any connection of the SP disappearance... just someone who was trying to financially gain from it.

Apparently he said his program helped save people from kidnappers in Mexico: (this was written this year btw, in June 2016):

https://webcache.googleusercontent....will-not-be-shaken/+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Can someone tell me the "position" the husband holds at Best Buy? The reason why I am asking is because I am wondering if he could have been involved with breaking up or catching any form of theft from the store?

After I thought of this last night. I asked my friend who used to work at Best Buy if he ever experienced catching any thefts or rings and how that would look. He said yes, in fact a ring was caught at his time there. He said they have a "asset protection" and a "loss prevention" department. Different stores call them different names according to him. He said there was a coordinated ring working through his store. I am not being racial but repeating what he told me and he has no knowledge of this case. He first mentioned to me that Hispanic females using baby strollers to take/steal/stash merchandise, he said there were also males involved. Ultimately, the ring leader was an American Male. They were all caught and apparently this was going on for awhile.

If the husband had this experience in any fashion and upset some form of criminal acitvity, I would add this to the list of possibly motives. Revenge, retaliation. Leading to the suffering and victimization including the humiliation and more. Hope this makes sense, I am on my phone.

Interesting theory, but how often do retaliations occur where the person being retaliated against is the spouse and not the actual "snitch?" I have no clue.

Tried to post earlier and the photo failed. Has anyone brought up the fact that the Shasta County Sheriff has an incident filed stating:
RP CONTACTING. IS FAMILY FRIEND OF MP.
STATES HE REC'D INFO FROM SUBJ TONIGHT THAT DID NOT WANT TO BE INVOLVED IN LEO CONTACT. REC'D INFO THAT LISTED MALE IS HOLDING A FEM AGAINST HER WILL IN A STORAGE CONTAINER/SHED

Listed under SHERRI PAPINI on 11/12

Thoughts?

Yes this was posted earlier, possibly as soon as the 11/12 report was available online (I can't remember exactly what day we started talking about those reports). We've not been able to determine anything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also think that the children would benefit from having as much normal in their lives as they can. Which means having their dogs with them. The bond and support that an animal can offer a child is so strong. Animals can really help with recovery and trauma.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Okay, that was overlong. My underlying point is that maybe we are (I am) trying to fit together pieces that can't be fitted together. There was the abduction/kidnapping. There's CG's involvement following the abduction. There's the anonymous donor. Maybe those are three chunky bits that can only be loosely mixed together -- that came together in time but have little or no shared history.

Yes. Chunky bits, with holes, describes this case most succinctly.

Forgive me as I didn't look closely at the facts in the beginning, but can someone shed some light on the search for SP when she was first missing? She was a runner-she trained by running on a dirt road. Was there concern that she may have been injured off trail? Were helicopters sent up? Grid searches conducted? I'm struggling with everyone involved and their demeanor right from the beginning. The way that it was clearly known to be an abduction to pretty much all-was there a note, a phone call, something that indicated right off the bat? Is that why nothing makes sense?

Can we tell who this was sent to? The job description stopped me for a minute
Why would a stay at home Mom be searching government jobs?
Random theory...
What if someone (kidnappers) thought she had reported some sort of abuse?

BBM.
The job listing says "Child Custody Recommending Counselor" https://plus.google.com/117418117041950210732

Wasn't the Turkey Trot Race that SP was training for to benefit CASA? http://www.casaforchildren.org/site/c.mtJSJ7MPIsE/b.5301295/k.BE9A/Home.htm

Perhaps she was posting this for whoever she knew who was involved in CASA advocacy? I have also seen speculation that SP may have done CASA herself.

In addition, her ex-husband said he met SP working on a "Youth to Youth project, a community-based drug prevention and youth leadership program." [url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3980270/Sheriff-s-office-investigating-bizarre-blog-spewing-hatred-against-Latinos-purportedly-written-kidnapped-mom-two-Sherri-Papini-ex-husband-says-malicious-prank-isn-t-racist.html#ixzz4S0p1WW4W
[/URL]
IMO, it is not too surprising that SP would notice a job like that government listing and post it for someone she knows--maybe she thought several of her friends she used to volunteer with would be interested or maybe one of the friends she volunteered with in the past told her about the position and she was passing it along to try to help her friend get the job filled.

One of the things that really bugs me with the approach taken by CG to try to gain her release is it could encourage other kidnappers to do the same thing if the kidnappers get away scott free with a lot of money.

This is the reason why the US policy not to negotiate with terrorists exists. The US does not want to do anything to cause others to want to do the same and do it for profit.
We all know that some US releases of abductees were probably released with ransoms but there is no fanfare when its done and it is done under the table to prevent the appearance that abducting people is profitable.

Thats the big difference here in why I disagree with the tactics and very visible advertising done with the methods used in this case. They are actually promoting it in a way.

Im very happy with the results but very unhappy with the methods and advertising that could encourage more kidnappings.

Wholeheartedly agree.

attachment.php

sourced from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...anished-jogging-family-believes-abducted.html
This was the top SP was wearing when last seen per the find SP FB page (since removed)

That morning at 9 AM her neighbor saw her near the mailboxes in a gray jogging suit...he waved at her as she seemed to be just getting a phone call - from Shasta Lake News "Search continues for Mountain Lake woman"

I keep hearing "pink". I haven't seen any reports stating what she was wearing when released

https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...RiFzuw&usg=AFQjCNF03S5e_409j9jf_layJVmwFZcVaA

Just to update, after discussion with Tricia, she has made the decision to not allow discussion of the IJR articles due to the amount of misinformation contained compared to MSM articles.

The posts will remain unapproved.

I also think that the children would benefit from having as much normal in their lives as they can. Which means having their dogs with them. The bond and support that an animal can offer a child is so strong. Animals can really help with recovery and trauma.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Agreed, but dogs need to be walked, and remember they are in hiding.

As far as leaving the dogs behind. It sounds like they are being looked after. Don't forget this family is currently in hiding. We don't know their accommodations. Might not be conducive to being able to walk dogs or let them out to the bathroom etc ... that article is horribly titled as if the family abandoned them.

Something I've been wondering today...

Like lots of others here, I have followed many, many MP cases over several years - some being the result of abductions. Can't help but wonder why CG hasn't ever turned up before now.

Also, something I read earlier today caused me to remember how very common it is for perps of any crime to genuinely believe they are smarter than LE and everyone else. Luckily this often leads to their downfall.

Does anyone know why CG was discharged from the Air Force?

I am curious to know what SP was wearing when released, and could her clothing perhaps provide a clue, a brand name, a size etc?

Not being cryptic at all but very sad to see the way this is going. There are real questions about this case and red flags. I hope the truth comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes