MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss, doesn't that kinda go against your earlier post. If neighbors saw her late afternoon, and she left work at 4:30, she herself had to have made it home at some point. Then scenarios are rampant. Did someone take her before she got in her car to meet her friend? Or did she make a stop before meeting her friend?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Miss, doesn't that kinda go against your earlier post. If neighbors saw her late afternoon, and she left work at 4:30, she herself had to have made it home at some point. Then scenarios are rampant. Did someone take her before she got in her car to meet her friend? Or did she make a stop before meeting her friend?

Which earlier post? I hadn't settled on one theory until today, so any earlier posts were just hypothesis and tossing the known facts around. This is the first time I'm hearing of neighbors seeing her in late afternoon. Hmmm. Well, people also said they saw Sherri Papini around 2pm, which wasn't true, evidently (but who knows with that case). Is it dark at 4:30 pm in Michigan Dec 2??? I've lived in Mississippi for 6 years, one hour behind Michigan time ... it's dark here at 5:00 pm.

If neighbors indeed saw her after work around 5:00, then yes, I suppose I would believe she met up with someone before going to her friends house ... and things went bad. Remind me again what time she was supposed to meet up with her friend for dinner?

According to friend's Facebook post, she spoke to DS Friday 12/2 at 4:15pm. So less of a time frame that DS could blow her friend off.

In that same post, it mentions that neighbors saw her in the late afternoon.

If neighbors saw her late afternoon that is a huge development that we did not know previously. Can anyone absolutely confirm this to be fact?

I'm very perplexed with the lack of organized searches for Danielle. In other missing person's cases I know there are large-scale searches often involving hundreds of volunteers. Why aren't we searching fields and wooded areas in Southfield, Farmington and nearby areas? Do they need a specific tip before they launch something like that?

Yeah, having spoken that late in the day and DS not showing up by 8:00 or 9:00 pm, not answering the phone, I probably would have driven to her apartment to check on her (if the distance wasn't far). Unless DS has a history of flaking on plans. I would have been concerned enough to check on her. Still, think about it. Even if the friend had driven over to check on her that evening, her locked vehicle was in it's spot (perhaps, time uncertain), her apartment was locked, she would not have answered the door or her phone ... I would have assumed she was blowing me off at that point, rather than something sinister happening to her.
I would have gone to my friends apt also if she failed to show and didn't answer her phone. I'm sorry there is something wrong here.

It's not dark here that early. Sometime between 5-5:30pm, I myself leave work at 5 and a short time into my drive it's dark. i work in the same county as she lives and works in.

4:30-5:00 pm is early evening to me, not "late afternoon". Maybe she came home earlier in the day Dec 2, and neighbors are mistaken about the time?

Still daylight, large complex, lots of witnesses, outside ... I don't think she met with foul play at her apartment. And I don't believe she would go anywhere with anyone without her purse. Just my theory.

I'm very perplexed with the lack of organized searches for Danielle. In other missing person's cases I know there are large-scale searches often involving hundreds of volunteers. Why aren't we searching fields and wooded areas in Southfield, Farmington and nearby areas? Do they need a specific tip before they launch something like that?
There was a big search on the apt. grounds dec 3 the day after it was reported she was missing. I was even standing outside smoking with my friend who lives at the same place as DS and saw them searching. At that time I had no idea who DS was or that she was missing.

Thank you! I mentioned that I would help search but I can't find where there has been a search party at all.

:welcome:

Thanks for the welcome, but I've been a member since 2008 with the disappearance of Jessie Marie Davis. I was also an avid poster during the Casey Anthony case.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember my old password and the recovery email I had 8 years ago is no longer active. :(

This is a case where I really don't think the parents are holding back much information, and if they are, it's at the directive of law enforcement. They stated repeatedly that they believe she was abducted and being held against her will. Why would they think that ? Is it simply because she's always been so dependable in the past, or is it because she's got someone in her past that has been a problem, but the parents aren't spelling it out completely ?

You know..............after she got out of her car, she could have grabbed her phone and keys and walked to any apartment in that complex.

Maybe they need to get a warrant to search every apartment on the premises. Can LE do that ?

I wonder if LE checked to see how much gas was in her vehicle?
Could she have coasted into her parking spot on fumes, spotted a neighbor who offered to run her to the gas station to get some in a gas can, thinking it would only take a few minutes and then she could be on her way?

Is the vehicle in proper running condition? Could she have a belt that snapped and a neighbor came to her rescue, told her what she needed and offered to run her to the auto store to pick up a part, quickly?

She could have had enough cash in her pocket to purchase enough gas to get her back in working order, thus no need to haul her purse. This has actually happened to me before, decades ago, and I hopped in a vehicle with a stranger who gave me a ride to my parents'. Scary, I know, and I would never do that now, but with what we have heard of her personality, it could happen.
Many people who are outgoing and friendly just assume others are too.

There was a big search on the apt. grounds dec 3 the day after it was reported she was missing. I was even standing outside smoking with my friend who lives at the same place as DS and saw them searching. At that time I had no idea who DS was or that she was missing.

I'm glad they did that, but I hardly consider searching the grounds of her complex to be a large-scale search by an army of volunteers, like we've seen in other missing person cases on this board. The Heather Elvis case in Myrtle Beach comes to mind. Seems like they had volunteers out many, many times searching acres of land all over Myrtle Beach. I'm just not sure if it's the police t hat organizes something like that or the family.

<modsnip>

Seriously, I'm thinking Whitney Heichel here. Acquaintance from apartment complex who is quietly obsessed with her, asks for a quick favor, riding in his car to someplace supposedly nearby. Or even walking in the "could you help me find my cat" ploy. It could even be someone who lives there and also works at Met Life. She has no reason to be wary. That explains her purse left behind, keys and phone gone.

I would be matching employees and apartment residents...huge job. Or friends could go door to door a couple of times as Keith Papini did, noting reactions. Has a resident been gone or acted strange since her disappearance? I know it's a large complex, so gathering this info is daunting. A PI could be very helpful.

Here's hoping for a better outcome than Whitney. :(

Years ago when I was working in the oilfield in Texas, I used to live in an apartment complex. To me, it was almost like a dating club. I'd go out by the pool on a Saturday or Sunday, depending on my days off, and lay out in the sun and drink beer with all the skinny tanned babes in bikini's. Cold beer, hot sun, and half naked bodies can result in people doing things they normally might not do. The place I lived in had about 300 units, which equates to about 1000 people. I went out with different women for about 2 years straight without ever having to even leave home. Getting to their place and back home was about a 2 minute walk, regardless where they lived. I would actually head out to the bars in order to get way from everybody. I remember it as one of the greatest times of my life, that's for sure.

To think that she may have had a love interest living right there close to her isn't out of the realm of possibility at all. Convenience......convenience.

Hah, I'm the opposite. I try to not sleep with girls nearby cause I wouldn't want one finding out if I brought someone back.

What?

We aren't supposed to post things we read on Facebook - or screenshot anything we see from FB. Its against the TOU.

We also are not supposed to sleuth anyone not labeled a POI or suspect in a case. We can chat about it in private messages, but not post anything on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member