GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admitted to not passing one question on the polygraph

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I am disturbed by the all the allegations regarding men in Tara's life. It seems that derogatory information was released to the media regarding this investigation. How did results of Larry Gattis polygraph get released to the public?

Dr Gattis talked about the polygraph results in several interviews in 2006

Maybe this has been discussed. But is it possibl HD and MH were in on this together? That they were involved in something illegal together? Though their stories do not intersect at this point, they kind of run parallel.

A typical polygraph is focused on three questions. It a 3 stage process as well with paperwork filled out prior. If one of the questions is found "inconclusive" you fail the poly. They cannot be used in criminal proceedings but I have found them 95% accurate in my profession. It a nice gateway to interrogation as well. I'm not indicating there was an affair, just sharing information.

Your disdain for this information is once again noted, and I refer you to my prior comments in that regard. To be clear, you were privately retained by the BIL and his wife, correct? I want to make sure we are viewing your commentary through the appropriate lens.
Thank you for your input into this and bringing theories to the forefront. I agree with you, as some may be rumor, keeping this story alive and visiting every theory (bs or not) is what will help solve this case. Yes we need hard factual evidence, however the last time I checked, it isn't jumping out to volunteer itself.
Also, having someone who lives within the thick of this, is always helpful. I bet we know some of the same people!

There are 3 results to a polygraph, pass, failed or inconclusive. If a person shows deception on one question then that person has failed. There's a pre interview to go over the questions. Really questions should be single issue. In Gattis polygraph he was never asked if he harmed Tara or knew where she was at

How is it that HD's phone records and other pertinent information have not been provided?

Because like most states Georgia has a closed records law especially in an open active murder investigation. Phone records are private and requires a subpoena

Because like most states Georgia has a closed records law especially in an open active murder investigation. Phone records are private and requires a subpoena

I had no idea. I watch too much true crime- phone records are always used in the cases I see. The closed records law is both disheartening and disturbing. Quite a barrier. Thank you for all you are doing, sundrop.

In those shows investigators do use phone records but that is different from the public having access to them

Sundrop - this question is mostly for you (but also for anyone else that lives in GA), since you have worked on the case for so long. Are personal property taxes in Georgia available to the public? I ask because here in WV you can pull up personal property information for anyone - or access it in the courthouse. This means you can see which vehicle a person drove...for the last several years. Most of our online records go back to 2003-2004...but more years are available in the county courthouses.

Property records , ie, homes and land are available on line in GA....I don't know if vehicle information is available on line or not, have never seen it....

I'm amazed that a state would allow vehicle information to the public..not doubting you, just surprised. If this was true in GA sundrop would have it and alot would come to a conclusion. That black truck is a huge key. MOO

I'm amazed that a state would allow vehicle information to the public..not doubting you, just surprised. If this was true in GA sundrop would have it and alot would come to a conclusion. That black truck is a huge key. MOO

A lot of people don't know that this is available here in WV. It is part of what I do for a living, so that's why/how I know. I haven't had time to sit down and search for myself in GA. I guess my point is, even if it isn't online, it may be available in the local courthouses...

I hope the New Year brings more information and, ultimately, justice for Tara. Much love to all of you.

I'm glad to see that Tara's case is getting recent (new) attention. I saw several people on my FB (locals to the area, we have all heard about or knew TG) posting about the Podcasts so I'm in the middle of it myself now! Glad to hear WS mentioned as well :) So many new things that I never heard or knew. Any new theories from y'all?

The podcast is amazing. For some of us that have been following this case for years...and i mean borderline obsessed for years with it, it is a must listen to thing. One of my questions is how is Dr. Godwin able to sink his teeth into this case and turn up so much stuff that the professionals have not been able to? The assumption would be, like we have heard that the GBI as well as the FBI have way more information than they let out. For example....Snapdragon evidence, the Expedition that was burned, the throwing off of the search, the suicide note that apparently tells a tale of twelve different people,the dogs making hits etc, glove DNA profiles, etc. If LE has all of this and has not been able to do anything with it in 11 years someone should be fired. Based upon the limited information we have had I had always speculated that Heath Dykes was at fault in one way or another. He was responsible. In lieu of this new stuff, I like others could be way off. There are DNA programs now that can draw a sketch basically using the genetic markers in DNA. Why hasn't the glove had this done? If the evidence is so great that they need to hold it for a decade....then maybe a piece here or there may help the public solve it. If the alibis MH and others provided don't actually check out then like Dr. Godwin stated, someone told a bold faced lie. Why has this not been followed up on? If the assailants were going to slip up, how long are these agencies willing to wait? Why is Payne Lindsay having such a hard time getting public records? So many new questions and so many new avenues to go down. Are we any closer to figuring this thing out then we were in 2005? It really does make you start to wonder if the ridiculous and ludicrous theory that there is a LE cover up going on is plausible. I feel like they must be waiting for a slip up and know who did this. The sad reality is how long will they have to wait?

I agree about HD. The fact that now he works in Perry where the files on this case are, doesn't feel right. JMO. I could be wrong but he knows something. IMO

HD has always worked in Perry. He works for the city of Perry not the gbi where the files are located.

HD has always worked in Perry. He works for the city of Perry not the gbi where the files are located.

Oh, I know that but small town politics and everyone knowing everyone type of feel. Nothing wrong with it I suppose, since that's how small towns work but he's not off of my involvement radar. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo