Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok a bit of a hypothetical here relating to the ClaremontGhost 'hint' videos, the connection to the Left Bank Hotel (shown in the 'hint' videos) in East Fremantle and the CG's claddagh brooch which was missing (link re brooch http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/f...ss-as-serial-killer-still-roams-free-1.149685 )

A certain blogger has mentioned that a casual worker at an East Fremantle Company had a girlfriend who wore a claddagh ring and that CG wore a claddagh (Irish) brooch. He also went onto say that it was co-incidental, that is he had thought - he also mentioned that the worker was capable of turning the brooch into a ring.

Some thoughts below:

Is the mention of the East Fremantle Company indeed the Left Bank?
Is it possible that BRE worked at the Left Bank or knew someone who worked at the Left Bank?
Is it possible BRE turned the claddagh brooch into a ring and gave it to his girlfriend/wife?

The claddagh brooch and ring were very popular in the 90s like sunflowers. I had a ring version, like many others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The claddagh brooch and ring were very popular in the 90s like sunflowers. I had a ring version, like many others.

Thanks JoWA - I am aware they were very popular, however I believe that the particular blogger (my personal view) has connection to the case, which is why I have raised it.

At some point, I will go into further regards to my reasoning on this.

Ok a bit of a hypothetical here relating to the ClaremontGhost 'hint' videos, the connection to the Left Bank Hotel (shown in the 'hint' videos) in East Fremantle and the CG's claddagh brooch which was missing (link re brooch http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/f...ss-as-serial-killer-still-roams-free-1.149685 )

A certain blogger has mentioned that a casual worker at an East Fremantle Company had a girlfriend who wore a claddagh ring and that CG wore a claddagh (Irish) brooch. He also went onto say that it was co-incidental, that is he had thought - he also mentioned that the worker was capable of turning the brooch into a ring.

Some thoughts below:

Is it possible that BRE worked at the Left Bank or knew someone who worked at the Left Bank?
Is it possible BRE turned the claddagh brooch into a ring and gave it to his girlfriend/wife?

I wouldn't place any stock in anything Claremont Ghost or Tigermoth has done. The videos are obviously works of fiction/fantasy that someone with too much time on their hands has come up with. An excuse to give off an aura of knowing about the case and placing themselves in the spotlight.

Therefore any/all information contained within is just distractions.

extract>
I'm still curious as to why items that supposedly didn't belong to JR were found with her. Where did they come from? Who's where they and why were they there?

i'm assuming the unexplained items were examined forensically (?) and consider it would have been a worthwhile exercise to run them past any folks who'd reported other missing persons ...worthy of the effort in such a horrendous matter.
[emoji887]

I wouldn't place any stock in anything Claremont Ghost or Tigermoth has done. The videos are obviously works of fiction/fantasy that someone with too much time on their hands has come up with. An excuse to give off an aura of knowing about the case and placing themselves in the spotlight.

Therefore any/all information contained within is just distractions.
Thanks, appreciate your point of view as I did not manage to see any of the videos. I do however believe that BRE had an online presence in relation to the CSK and that there are some clues out there.

Thanks, appreciate your point of view as I did not manage to see any of the videos. I do however believe that BRE had an online presence in relation to the CSK and that there are some clues out there.
Could be something in that.
If the accused is connected to the Claremont Ghost videos etc.
The accused apparently had interest in photography and video. It would be interesting to know when he got his first video camera. Likewise if we can deduct the make and period of the Claremont Ghost videos equipment. Did the accused progress to video as a keepsakes and thus matriculation to murder? Big IF, but has anyone searched the video hosting website on wayback machine that Luka Magnotta posted his videos to before his 1 Icepick 1 Lunatic video? Maybe the jewellery found that weren't the victims's were props?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

What leads you to believe that? Hunch or evidence (not trying to be insulting, merely being sceptical)?

There is one blogger who for a a very long time has commented on the CSK - there are comments dating back to 06/07 - there may be earlier.

Quite a few of the comments were posted on an online blog which has now been taken down (after arrest). Either the publication in question is waiting to produce 'the big story' or they feel it is best to take down given the court case etc.

This particular blogger gave many clues in relation to the CSK and at times came out with quite dramatic and outlandish statements.

Anyhow I do feel that there is some similarity with this blogger to BRE (my personal view) - there were 2 sets of comments in Dec 7 - 2006 (20 mins apart) which mentions Gosnells, Madora Bay & Broome (all areas closely connected to BRE and mentioned within the same 2 comments).

The blogger mentions that (and is very familiar with) Champion Lakes is in Westfield Suburb of Gosnells in the south/east area of Perth - also that the lake in the Champion Lakes area is call Wright Lake - I have attached an image that shows proximity of lake to one of BRE's homes.

The blogger also mentions driving to Madora Bay (BRE's parents home is in Madora Bay) and also mentions Broome (BRE's Brother resides in Broome).

I believe that there are similarities and also that there may be additional blogging names which may indeed have been utilised.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 274
You hardly need the police to tell you that if you have items of a murder victims they were wearing when they were last seen it may incriminate you.

Indeed I'd suspect most killers who keep 'trophies' would be fully aware of the risk, indeed this is a person willing to risk life in prison to commit murder I hardly think they would be scared by some WAPOL comments about jewellery.

If you had the trophies in a box buried somewhere or hidden in a wall or roof space, they may be very difficult to ever find.

Everything you wrote here is true, but has missed the point of my post, which was that the police wouldn't have wanted to tip off their suspect. I wrote my post in response to others who inferred that police may have tipped off BRE by playing mind games as part of some bizarre overt surveillance.

I agree.

This is a man who drove back to a small area that was no doubt under surveillance by police and cameras as two girls had very recently gone missing. ..and brazenly took a third! Right near where people were sitting at a bus stop!
I do not think he could control himself. If he wanted to keep trophies all this time-it would not surprise me.
Yes-it is stupid. ..but many have done it before him.

I'm sure hoping he kept things.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Agree he was incredibly brazen and no doubt he thought he would never be caught. But still insist police would've been careful not to let him know he was under surveillance. (Not saying you said anything different mandymaree).

In regards to the DNA match that linked BRE, maybe his brother was tested due to his line of work.

IMO

...Anyhow I do feel that there is some similarity with this blogger to BRE (my personal view) - there were 2 sets of comments in Dec 7 - 2006 (20 mins apart) which mentions Gosnells, Madora Bay & Broome (all areas closely connected to BRE and mentioned within the same 2 comments).

The blogger mentions that (and is very familiar with) Champion Lakes is in Westfield Suburb of Gosnells in the south/east area of Perth - also that the lake in the Champion Lakes area is call Wright Lake - I have attached an image that shows proximity of lake to one of BRE's homes.

The blogger also mentions driving to Madora Bay (BRE's parents home is in Madora Bay) and also mentions Broome (BRE's Brother resides in Broome)...

Snipped. Not to dissuade you, Spinnaker, as I don't know one way or the other, but said individual has suggested almost every conceivable location in WA over the years.

I was just reading some things on Debi Marshall's website (she who wrote The Devil's Garden) as I saw a comment elsewhere that asked the question,
"why hasn't Debi Marshall been asked to comment about BRE arrest or made a comment herself after all her work on CSK case for her book?" which I thought was a very valid question. On her website I found this disturbing article below about DNA evidence. I've put a link below and a couple of excerpts. Let's hope WAPOL has a LOT more than just DNA evidence! I bolded certain words.

http://netk.net.au/DNA/DNA4.pdf
"In Making Sense of Forensic Genetics, the researchers citethe case of British man Adam Scott, who was charged with raping a woman inManchester in October 2011. A swab from the victim yielded a DNA profile thatmatched Mr Scott's, who claimed that not only was he was more than 300kilometres away at the time of the crime, but he had never been to Manchesterin his life. DNA was the only evidence implicating him.
After five months in custody an investigation found Mr Scottwas wrongly implicated as a result of accidental contamination of sampleswithin the lab. The day before processing samples from the alleged rape victim,the lab had handled a DNA sample from Mr Scott,
following a 'spitting incident'. The disposable plasticplate used to analyse this sample had been inadvertently reused in the rapecase, resulting in the misidentification."
And another bit from same article...
"People shed DNA by talking, sneezing, coughing and byshedding skin cells but at different rates. People who shed lots of skin cells— 'high status shedders' —are more likely to deposit DNA. A recent study foundthat people with atopic dermatitis shed four times as much DNA as healthyindividuals.
"Your DNA could be in a room even if youweren't... so DNA from individuals who have nothing to do with a crime might bepresent at a crime scene," the report says."
:notgood: Hmm... bit of a worry. And remember, the Brits are very much world leaders in all this DNA stuff, from what I've seen.

I was just reading some things on Debi Marshall's website (she who wrote The Devil's Garden) as I saw a comment elsewhere that asked the question,
"why hasn't Debi Marshall been asked to comment about BRE arrest or made a comment herself after all her work on CSK case for her book?" which I thought was a very valid question. On her website I found this disturbing article below about DNA evidence. I've put a link below and a couple of excerpts. Let's hope WAPOL has a LOT more than just DNA evidence! I bolded certain words.

http://netk.net.au/DNA/DNA4.pdf
"In Making Sense of Forensic Genetics, the researchers citethe case of British man Adam Scott, who was charged with raping a woman inManchester in October 2011. A swab from the victim yielded a DNA profile thatmatched Mr Scott's, who claimed that not only was he was more than 300kilometres away at the time of the crime, but he had never been to Manchesterin his life. DNA was the only evidence implicating him.
After five months in custody an investigation found Mr Scottwas wrongly implicated as a result of accidental contamination of sampleswithin the lab. The day before processing samples from the alleged rape victim,the lab had handled a DNA sample from Mr Scott,
following a 'spitting incident'. The disposable plasticplate used to analyse this sample had been inadvertently reused in the rapecase, resulting in the misidentification."
And another bit from same article...
"People shed DNA by talking, sneezing, coughing and byshedding skin cells but at different rates. People who shed lots of skin cells— 'high status shedders' —are more likely to deposit DNA. A recent study foundthat people with atopic dermatitis shed four times as much DNA as healthyindividuals.
"Your DNA could be in a room even if youweren't... so DNA from individuals who have nothing to do with a crime might bepresent at a crime scene," the report says."
:notgood: Hmm... bit of a worry. And remember, the Brits are very much world leaders in all this DNA stuff, from what I've seen.

I don't know that this would be a problem in this case.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cla...t/news-story/cdad7c5a6b825958b6d46cb11eb44c75

"Police claim the DNA samples came back as a match to samples already on the police database — samples that had been recovered from the body of the third Claremont victim, Ciara Glennon, and from a 17-year-old woman who was grabbed in a Claremont street in 1995 and then assaulted at the nearby Karrakatta cemetery."

'My DNA accidentally found its way onto a murder victim, a rape victim AND a home invasion victim' is never going to be a defence.

Multiple victims over multiple years and the DNA collected years apart. I think they will be ok with just DNA but I am under the impression they will have other evidence.

Some thoughts below:

When I was temping in the late 90s I would go to many different companies big and small. One thing that was common between workplaces was the PABX, the bigger the company the more unreliable the systems were and you'd have to call people in to fix it, a lot. I remember someone saying BRE worked with PABX systems, if this is true he could have been in and out of any business in Perth, including this East Fremantle company.

I'm sure with the right tools you could melt the brooch down and make a ring, but would it then lose 'value' as a trophy?

I don't know that this would be a problem in this case.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cla...t/news-story/cdad7c5a6b825958b6d46cb11eb44c75

"Police claim the DNA samples came back as a match to samples already on the police database — samples that had been recovered from the body of the third Claremont victim, Ciara Glennon, and from a 17-year-old woman who was grabbed in a Claremont street in 1995 and then assaulted at the nearby Karrakatta cemetery."

'My DNA accidentally found its way onto a murder victim, a rape victim AND a home invasion victim' is never going to be a defence.

Multiple victims over multiple years and the DNA collected years apart. I think they will be ok with just DNA but I am under the impression they will have other evidence.

Really Jo?..And all those samples in the custody of the police! But they would never plant evidence for the sake of a conviction now would they?

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/wa/WASC/2012/404.html

Really Jo?..And all those samples in the custody of the police! But they would never plant evidence for the sake of a conviction now would they?

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/wa/WASC/2012/404.html

If the sequence of events pans out the way it currently seems (DNA kimono not identified, stored for years, ditto Karrakatta DNA, degraded CG specimen only recently yielding result) and no BRE sample on file, I doubt there could be a serious contamination allegation. There would not have been an existing sample with which to contaminate. Ditto planting allegation - if only familial DNA on file any planting at that point could only have been familial sample. It's the sequence that saves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member