IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say that I appreciate being able to read people's different takes on this case. I follow it frequently but usually have nothing to say that hasn't already been said. I just hope he/they are apprehended, and before anyone else is hurt. I was struck by the visible effects of this case on LE at the press conference; I can't remember who said it, but it was obvious that they are haunted by what happened.

In defense of Detroit, although I know we have crime it's actually becoming a pretty vibrant city. Plus, I'm pretty sure Chicago has taken top murder seed by now.

That said, I agree with you. Kids play outside everywhere. I don't lock mine up either, even in Michigan:)

Chicago isn't even in the top four, they get the most media attention though.

Attachments

• IMG_1795.jpg
    IMG_1795.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 164
No, those pictures are consecutive (in reverse order, actually). You can see his left foot raised and then it plants on the board in front of him (same background all around). No removal of any head covering occurs.

:tyou:

Chicago isn't even in the top four, they get the most media attention though.

Neither is Los Angeles. I think the point was that Delphi is a small town and doesn't have murder rates like large cities. Perhaps the OP was just using two large cities as an example.

The most important clue we have to identify this guy is that he was not with friends, family or coworkers between 1 and 3:30 pm on Monday 2/13.

Doesn't hurt to think about, but some people, myself included, are often alone in the afternoon, and it might not be such a red flag. Not everyone makes themselves accountable to others every hour of the day, I would guess this guy, more than most, likes his "alone time" and those who know him probably have no idea what he does with his free time.

I do not know if this was mentioned anywhere, but the weather in Indiana has been at record highs for the last 10 days or so. It has been between 50 and 65 degrees for a high. Lots of people would have been out enjoying the weather. Delphi is a very small, rural town. I would think most people out on that trail would have been local.

I wonder if it was something that one of the girls had with them, and was not recovered when they were found.

Yes. I suspect they were looking for something specific and wanted it done quickly, so that's why there were lots of them.

Perhaps a piece of broken jewelry? Earrings? Necklace?

The most important clue we have to identify this guy is that he was not with friends, family or coworkers between 1 and 3:30 pm on Monday 2/13.

Sorry but how do we know that? A second perp hasn't been ruled out yet, right?

I'm wondering if they revisited the bridge today to try to pinpoint where this perp told them "go down the hill." In the inside edition segment they say they found evidence too. I hope this man in jeans is caught soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ask awhile back and tried to see if it was answered, perhaps it was and I missed it. But does anyone know if the cemetery is more of a rundown one or more of a newer one? The reason I ask, I am wondering if he was able to use this as a way to convince the girls to at least get off the bridge and walk that way by saying the cemetery had really cool camera shots etc. and then that's when his opportunity was presented. The girls not necessarily scared of him, but not fond of him, just willing to walk that way to get the pics. Maybe introduce themselves as they are walking small chit chat and then they start feeling really scared and that's when Libby starts recording etc.? maybe the initial pics on the bridge were her saying hey this is the man who took us to the cemetery to show us all of the pretty headstones and whatnot, when they got back to her sister. Which might be why they weren't scared at first. It's the only way I can rationalize how the girls might have let their guards down some.

I've thought that it might be possible that LE orchestrated or at least utilized the bomb threat to enter the packing plant and just observe behavior of workers there int he presence of LE.

Or maybe do searches. That's the way they searched our lockers for pot when I was in high school :)

IMO the best sleuths at this point are the local people. He shopped/ is shopping somewhere. He may have been on camera footage. The clothing may be long gone; though, perhaps, the crime scene visit was to look for those "Sonoma Lifestyle jeans" or that camo hat. How he was dressed that day only matters if you have a picture of him or spotted him that day or you've found a discarded garment which matches it in the vicinity. So if a local finds a camo hat under the bridge maybe it's worth sleuthing.

LE made it clear that you need to look closely at anyone who might have had the opportunity and inclination to have perpetrated this crime. There are clear signs.

#Find Him, indeed. He is among some of us. Those are the sleuths we seek.

Time for me to take a break, therefore.

I agree. I also think about Libby's grandfather reporting her phone was pinging around town. I think that is a big clue to either be ruled out or in. How far is it from the bridge to the downtown area? Are there bars there? I know there is nothing I can likely add the investigators haven't already looked at, or proprietors haven't offered up, though, but the cell phone pinging before they were found is one angle worth taking a look.

I think also in that quote there was something about one cell tower, so it may be the pings seemed to be pinging all over town but the phone was still near the scene of the crime.

Any of you more knowledgeable folks on cell phone pings have any answers?

Second question, there is that Find My iPhone feature. How quickly can pings be traced and could this be what the grandfather meant? Thanks!

I bet he avoided the public and went home to change. Indiana this time of year is damp, it would have been a muddy mess down by the river.

Doesn't hurt to think about, but some people, myself included, are often alone in the afternoon, and it might not be such a red flag. Not everyone makes themselves accountable to others every hour of the day, I would guess this guy, more than most, likes his "alone time" and those who know him probably have no idea what he does with his free time.

Agreed. I wouldn't stop myself from going for a walk on a trail on a nice day just because I didnt have a friend to accompany me.

I ask awhile back and tried to see if it was answered, perhaps it was and I missed it. But does anyone know if the cemetery is more of a rundown one or more of a newer one? The reason I ask, I am wondering if he was able to use this as a way to convince the girls to at least get off the bridge and walk that way by saying the cemetery had really cool camera shots etc. and then that's when his opportunity was presented. The girls not necessarily scared of him, but not fond of him, just willing to walk that way to get the pics. Maybe introduce themselves as they are walking small chit chat and then they start feeling really scared and that's when Libby starts recording etc.? maybe the initial pics on the bridge were her saying hey this is the man who took us to the cemetery to show us all of the pretty headstones and whatnot, when they got back to her sister. Which might be why they weren't scared at first. It's the only way I can rationalize how the girls might have let their guards down some.

The maps in previous threads show the orientation of the bridge compared to what is around it.

The cemetery is across the creek from where they were abducted.

These girls were not following the guy, he was telling them directions to walk. To walk to their deaths.

I do not know if it's allowed. Nor do I know if I can post their names. It seems like maybe a gray area. As I mentioned I am very new here. I did read the rules but, I'm still not sure. If someone knows the correct answer...

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Wonder if that constitutes sleuthing family....

IMO our suspect is a fisherman. He's used to being near the water, trails and outdoors. It was a nice day, he went out to fish. My theory is he was down under the bridge fishing, saw/heard the girls on the bridge laughing and talking, stalked them for a while and saw they were alone. Bad man in the right place, the girls in the wrong place at the same time. I think the brown thing that we see on his pants is a waist tackle box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard