IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO: I can't stop thinking about who this guy is and how he came to be there on this horrible day. I believe he came here prepared with bad intentions, I don't think it was spur of the moment but rather something he prepared for. (I believe he was overdressed to keep the things he had under his jacket concealed).

I don't have an opinion if these specific girls were his target or if they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I get the feeling he is local or at minimum very familiar with this area. Otherwise as he lured the girls deeper away from the public areas, how would he know what or who he might come across and how to get out of there quickly without getting lost or caught. I feel he knew this area, probably has walked or hunted around here many times.

I also think because he was so overdressed, he appears to be a little overweight, maybe a smoker if we think that was a cigarette, that he would've been a little overheated and possibly out of breath hiking around. The fact that he wasn't or at least not enough to stop him makes me think he does some sort of manual labor vs sitting around all day. If I would guess I'd look to the meat company, or maybe another labor job where him not being at work on Monday wouldn't have been noticed. Maybe he works a second shift or does random laborious jobs where someone isn't watching over him that closely.

I suspect he's killed before, maybe not a person but maybe a hunter or slaughter house where he's become immune to ending a life and is comfortable with guns/knives etc.

His words are chilling, very calm. He may not be someone that expresses a lot of anger and is more controlled and calculated. The picture I'm painting is that he's somewhat of a loner.

He may not be standing out because that's his personality, he kind of just blends in and he looks like a lot of people we all know.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he's either watched these girls or has spent time people watching either at this park or other places. Maybe someone saw him at some point and thought he seemed creepy.

Who knows but these are the things I keep thinking about when I picture him.

One last thought, I was convinced the pics were from a trial cam and couldn't imagine a scenario where the girls filmed him but I was obviously wrong. I really hope this community can come together and find this guy. These girls did something unheard of to capture their killer on video and to be so smart to do so, I couldn't imagine him getting away with this and I will be the first to find a little satisfaction that these girls are taking him down.

These sweet girls didn't deserve this, he has to be found and justice served!

Thank you. I spend a lot of time looking at land for best ingress/egress, storm drainage, paths of travel, sight lines, etc. for work and that is why this case got my attention so quickly. This took place in a very dynamic location that immediately grabbed my attention as being incredibly bold and improbable in the daylight with TWO victims and other people in the area. On top of that, the girls pictures looked like it could be any kid in your neighborhood.

I would really like to have some more specific details as to locations. I felt that they were actually a bit closer to the north end of the bridge than the south when the picture of Abby was taken, but roughly to the middle. She was facing toward the south end in that picture and Libby's picture of the bridge was looking south. I also feel like the photo of BG was of him moving north to south. These are my guesses based on shadowing and time of day as well as the backgrounds.

You can see the creekbed is to their north in the photo. So maybe Falling Down is correct they exited the bridge to the south? Otherwise they'd have to cross back over the entire way which seems crazy. Unless they met up with him at a later point on the north end. Anyway, this pic shows where I think the pic of Abby was taken.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 668
I'm with you on this Bob. Being from rural IN myself, I can look back on situations where I've felt someone is off, and I get nervous, but I wait for them to pass by rather than acting.

I still also go back to the fact that the bridge and trails are not widely known outside of the area and in reality, you have to specifically be going to Carroll County to end up in Carroll County. It's corn and pigs, and that's about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBM

Right, so that makes me wonder if it were just luck that he happened to choose to take them to the North side of the creek, upstream, or did he know that that area was the most secluded, with no trails through or houses nearby? For me the area is in quadrants separated by the bridge and deer creek. If it happened how I think, I feel he passed them on the bridge and then turned and forced them back off the North end. This was risky. It was all risky, but I do feel the initial confrontation occurred on the bridge. After going off the North end of the bridge, they went to the East which is odd to me because the bank is so severe for such a ways and it is sloping gradually uphill. If he were to take them off of the South end, then had to cross the creek with them and again, that would imply that he was compelled to get them to the spot he took them. It is my opinion that he took them where he did because he wanted to get them away from where they could be seen from the bridge or be within view or earshot of a trail or driveway. I also have a theory that he may have had a vehicle at the cemetery or at least left the area that way.

In the last photo showing her Abigail does not look to me like a teenie having fun outdoors. Her shoulders are raised, which people sometimes do when they wanna shield themsemves from the looks of someone behind them. Which brings me to something blackish that can be seen in the distance at the end of bridge.
Could it be this is the suspect from the other photo? And Liberty took his picture by zooming to him with her camera? It´s a little difficult for me to explain what I mean, since I am not a native speaker, but if you look at those two probably wooden thingies which jut out on the left & right side at the edge of the brigde in the photos showing the man and Abigail: The something blackish is in the Abigail-photo near the left wooden thingie. In the pictures which show him he has just passed something probably wooden juging out.
To me it looks as if the man was not walking but going very fast (not running), because his shoe sole can be seen, and this does not happen when someone walks calmly and slow.
Maybe the girls noticed he was following them for quite a while and got wary, because he seemd to try to approach them?
This would be my theory so far. But, on the other hand, if it happend as I think they would probably have tried to run away and not to stand there and make pictures, right?

(I am sorry if this was discussed earlier, I am new here and really tried to read most of the threads regarding this case before I registered today, but maybe I missed it).

Wow. Can you post the obituaries here? Is that allowed? That is such an unfortunate thing to happen to one family. So sad.

Exactly which obituaries are we talking about?

Trucker Path is the phone app. Also most truckers have to have a smart phone. Many loads are tracked by the phones location services. Brokers want to know the exact location of their loads at all times. Not all loads require this but many do. I hope this helps. I think the app mostly deals with the larger chains. A Google search would turn up any mom and pops stops if need be.

Can someone give me Coles notes on anything that may have happened in the case today? Or is there no news? Tia

I don't know who is Coles but the only thing that happened today was the LE went back to the crime scene again for a couple of hours, and possibly found more evidence on the bridge. But nothing concrete was reported after that.

I printed out the FBI's flier for my husband to put up at work (he is a diesel mechanic) and I have to say that I wish they would have made the girls' pictures smaller and BG's bigger. It is so hard to see much in the tiny image they put on there.

Thank you for doing that pink!

Thanks dotr!
DNA evidence is top priority in Delphi murder investigation

Here is my condensed version. From dotr link in her post above:

On Thursday, investigators say they had recovered DNA evidence from the Delphi crime scene where two girls, 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German were found.

That evidence now has top priority for processing by investigators. It’s a strong lead, in a case where authorities have been clamoring for any clue about the murderer.

It is now the third piece of evidence investigators have said publicly they have: the grainy suspect photo, that chilling audio of a man’s voice saying “down the hill,” and now some kind of DNA sample.

Police haven’t said specifically what kind of evidence they recovered, but DNA forensics expert Dr. Gay Bush says that evidence could be anything.
“It can be items found at the crime scene such as a cigarette butt, or a bottle, or a cup or a straw,” said Dr. Bush. “Or it can be bodily fluids if there’s some kind of assault.”

“But if you are fast-tracking it…if it’s a case that’s got some urgency to it, it can be done in a couple of days,” said Bush.
Link above.
:cow:

Usually burner phones are purchased with cash. I don't know how they would trace this. People who use burner phones know what they're doing, they're covering their tracks very well. BUT there is absolutely nothing right now stating or hinting that he had a burner phone or any phone. Just all JMO.

I don't know if the killer had a cell phone.
If he did, even an unregistered "burner" phone can be tracked just like any other phone, they can identify every phone in the area at that time and then track the history of everywhere it's been, showing where the holder frequented and everywhere they ever went with the phone, dates and times.
The technology today tracks within a few feet, inches even, it's not triangulation of cell towers, that's old school.
Google, "Stingray", used by Homeland Security and FBI, they are hundreds of thousands of dollars but now they have made cheaper versions which are regularly used by LE, like the "Wolfhound".
"Some states are being cautious about using Wolfhounds, seeking at least a court review before deploying them in the field.
The Indiana State Police, which bought $6,500 worth of Wolfhounds in 2013, preemptively ask for judicial reviews and court recommendations for such devices to avoid legal complications later in an investigation, the Journal reported.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thinkprogress.org/amp/p/15d64d98b042?client=safari
(Don't tell the crooks, they think the burner phone protects them)

I live by dyer indiana by border of indiana and ive never heard of the trail i personally go about an hour out of way just to go to new trails.... in my opinion a local but could be from different town close by ...

I think that's quite likely.

Thank-you kindly, Hillbilly.

The name of that Trucker App again?

Trucker Path. Play around with it some to find all the location services and markers for the truckstops, weigh stations, etc. Great resource. I think it includes the mom and pops stops. You can Google for that area and it will bring those up if not. I hope this helps. You're very welcome.

I think they were to the south end because you can see the whole creekbed is to their north. So maybe Falling Down is correct they exited the bridge to the south? Otherwise they'd have to cross back over the entire way which seems crazy. Unless they met up with him at a later point on the north end. Anyway, this pic shows where I think the pic of Abby was taken.
attachment.php

Im wondering if maybe after Liberty took the pics of him as he was approaching them on the south end of the bridge, that maybe he went on past. Then being a little creeped out the girls headed back the other way towards the north end and back towards the trail with BG then following them. this would then explain how they were found on the north side of the river and down the north east hill from the bridge..............all just speculation and MOO

also this is assuming that the video of BG and the audio/video of "down the hill" were not taken at the same ....

Ever since we've learned that the stills came from Libby's phone, I imagine this is what happened.

He starts walking up from the south side of the bridge. Maybe the girls were walking in his direction or still hanging out on the bridge, or perhaps they're on their way to the pick-up point. Anyway, they see him, and something is "off". Maybe he calls for them, maybe he looks at them, maybe he's even walking straight toward them. Whatever the case is he feels out of place to the girls. So Libby pulls out her phone and starts recording video of the creepy guy, out of fear, out of entertainment, maybe a bit of both. Then when they realize he really is coming straight for them, she puts her phone in her pocket because she feels uneasy but is either too afraid or too polite to run away. After that, I have no idea. I do have a feeling he approached them as a friendly stranger but the girls weren't entirely buying it.

Just my two cents on how this may have played out.

Investigators need to go through those tips, it takes time and man power to do so.... Common Sense needs to prevail..

I think I have a fair amount of common sense. :) I'm basing my opinion on the fact that LE asked ANYONE who feels they may know something concerning the case to call the tip line. MOO

Exactly which obituaries are we talking about?

A user earlier found information about Libby's grandparents being murdered in the 80s. I don't think it should be discussed though, their family should absolutely not be sleuthed for any reason. Best left at that.

I have a question for the person who is familiar with the packing plant. I cant remember their name. Could that jacket the blue one be one that the packers would wear? Do they wear the same jackets? Something about that plant just keeps me going back there. moo.

I tried googling that. No luck. But I did find out that a huge number of RSO's work there and at the nearby Tyson plant. I couldn't live in a town with that many freaking weirdos! Not to mention the ones that are unaccounted for!!! One is right there in Delphi. Smh. Don't even look at nearby Illinois. Total system failure there!!!

I think they were to the south end because you can see the whole creekbed is to their north. So maybe Falling Down is correct they exited the bridge to the south? Otherwise they'd have to cross back over the entire way which seems crazy. Unless they met up with him at a later point on the north end. Anyway, this pic shows where I think the pic of Abby was taken.
attachment.php
agree on basically where the photo was taken-
attachment.php

The bridge is reportedly 853' long. At the estimated location, Abby appears to be ~275 from the North end and what would about about 575' from the South end.
attachment.php

Attachments

• estimated location of abby.jpg
    estimated location of abby.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 545
  • 275'.jpg
    275'.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 543
Re- marking my spot.
Good to hear about the dna !!

Status
Not open for further replies.