Found Deceased CA - Elias Rodriguez, 14, San Fernando, 17 Feb 2017

Yes!! Elias is getting a lot of community help & media attention thankfully.

His attention has also brought the attention of another missing girl in that area that has been missing for month Katherine 'Kathy' Solorio from the community & on social media. Unfortunately, NOT from the media.

I believe someone mentioned her earlier in the thread. So sad that she hasn't even been mentioned in the news.

It's worrisome that we had such a huge storm the day Elias went missing. High winds and flash floods. A few schools canceled classes but I chose to pick my kids up early around 1pm because I wasn't sure if the streets were going to be drivable later. There were street closures and downed power lines/intersection lights already.

No, not another dark haired MP in So Cal.... :gaah:

Everyone who runs away has a first time. Let's hope that's all this is, and he goes home tomorrow.

is it possible he was depressed about his mom's cancer? is she terminal?

It was a great article, very informative. It doesn't sound like he was planning to run away if he tried to call his mother to pick him up from school. His family member said she didn't think he would get in the car with a stranger but what if it was someone he knew or was somewhat familiar with?

I read in another article that his grandparents' home was only two blocks away... I wonder what could have happened in that short amount of time. Especially if school was let out and there were other kids and parents around. At first I thought he got out of school early and maybe the grandparents weren't home but from this article it sounds like that was the normal time he got out of school and he regularly went to his grandparens' home when he didn't have a ride. Perplexing.

@Lalipop
Yes his grandmother's house was not far from his school. I asked people for a route he would normally take and it was mentioned it would be Glenoaks Blvd. But hoping he did not take a shortcut adjacent to the wash.

I know helicopters were flying over the 5 fwy/Paxton St earlier today and searchers were looking around the wash today. So let's continue to keep him & his family in prayer. And hope for the best!!

is it possible he was depressed about his mom's cancer? is she terminal?

I thought of this too. You never know how it can affect you especially being young. But then why would he want to hurt his family more by at least not letting them know he is ok.

I am leaning more towards him maybe taking a short cut home due to the storm. And possibly walked with some other kids, they got to goofing off and maybe he fell in the rapid wash?! And those kids are just too scared to say something? Gosh I would hope by now someone would fess up and say something. Or he could have slipped in alone, or sadly got a ride with someone, ugh!

The theories are all worrisome & possible. He just could not have just vanished and not one person seen something?!!

His attention has also brought the attention of another missing girl in that area that has been missing for month Katherine 'Kathy' Solorio from the community & on social media. Unfortunately, NOT from the media.

Katherine's case is finally getting some media attention---this was a fine article!
http://www.sanfernandosun.com/news/article_93493556-f97e-11e6-af16-f70ba106149f.html

She also has her own thread here on WS ---
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...zette-Solorio-15-San-Fernando-16-January-2017

Has this young man been located or not? tia

@Dotr
No not yet.....
Thanks, thought i saw that reported on this thread somewhere.
In which case, posting this news item that have also posted on Katherine S's thread.

http://www.sanfernandosun.com/news/a...ba1ed77a4.html
Two Missing Teens, Reports of Kidnappings, Have Valley Residents On Edge

attachment.php

What is going on in the Northeast Valley?

This is the question residents are asking after learning not only about missing 14-year-old Elias Rodriguez, who disappeared on Friday, Feb. 17, but also of a young girl, 15-year-old Katherine Lizzette Solorio, who disappeared more than a month ago.
These two missing teens, coupled with recent witness reports of a woman bound and screaming for help in a car in Sylmar, and news of a similar incident this week in Chatsworth of a distressed woman seen banging on the car windows of a passing vehicle, has residents on edge.

I am not one who usually thinks any of these types of cases are connected (and they often are not, even after we think they are) but really, what is going on here? So sad for both of these families, and so many others who are missing their loved ones right now in SoCal...

@Leese12 You mentioned that his usual route home would have been Glenoaks Blvd. I see that the swap meet is adjacent to his school and he would have to pass it to reach Glenoaks.

attachment.php

Wondering if he could have gone through the swap meet as his shortcut route? As mentioned plenty of times, it was a stormy day so not sure how many vendors were set up or if it was open. Some aerial photos show a lot of metal shipping containers in use for storage there, which I hate to say but could potentially hide someone. And another photo from about a year ago show the swap meet open on what looks to be a rainy day so conditions might have been somewhat similar.

attachment.php

I also noticed outside cameras on a building across from his school (and the swap meet) that potentially could have recorded which way he was traveling. I'm sure this has been looked at by LE but just throwing things out there because I want him found.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 4.40.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 4.40.23 PM.png
    697.7 KB · Views: 254
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 4.36.01 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 4.36.01 PM.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 246
@Leese12 You mentioned that his usual route home would have been Glenoaks Blvd. I see that the swap meet is adjacent to his school and he would have to pass it to reach Glenoaks.

attachment.php

Wondering if he could have gone through the swap meet as his shortcut route? As mentioned plenty of times, it was a stormy day so not sure how many vendors were set up or if it was open. Some aerial photos show a lot of metal shipping containers in use for storage there, which I hate to say but could potentially hide someone. And another photo from about a year ago show the swap meet open on what looks to be a rainy day so conditions might have been somewhat similar.

attachment.php

I also noticed outside cameras on a building across from his school (and the swap meet) that potentially could have recorded which way he was traveling. I'm sure this has been looked at by LE but just throwing things out there because I want him found.

Great photos & yes that does seem to be the case......not sure if the swap meet was open. I doubt it due to the weather that day and not sure if it is even open on a Friday afternoon.

I believe they are aware of the cameras and such so hoping they do have some footage.

It is truly amazing how the city of San Fernando and surrounding cities are all coming together to aid this family in trying to locate this precious young boy. So far people are donating supplies, businesses are donating flyers, and social media is on fire!!

Just read on Facebook: "She (Katherine) has contacted her parents and they are on their way to go get her. Her parents are on their way to try to reunite with her and hope to have her home soon."

Above quote is on this page - can't figure out link to the post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1853327764887331/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Thanks, thought i saw that reported on this thread somewhere.
In which case, posting this news item that have also posted on Katherine S's thread.

http://www.sanfernandosun.com/news/a...ba1ed77a4.html
Two Missing Teens, Reports of Kidnappings, Have Valley Residents On Edge

attachment.php

FBI joins search for Elias Rodriguez

The FBI is expected to announce at a news conference in San Fernando this morning that it will be assisting in the search for Elias.

http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...arch-for-elias-rodriguez-missing-pacoima-teen

The FBI will be joining the Los Angeles and San Fernando police departments in their search for a 14-year-old boy who went missing amid last week’s rainstorms.

From this morning's press conference:

A person matching the description of Elias was captured on surveillance video about 1:40 p.m. on Glen Oaks Boulevard

Rodriguez attends the Cesar E. Chavez Learning Academies in the city of San Fernando. The school is located just a few blocks from his grandparents’ house, and he would usually go there once classes were done for the day.

The teen was last seen by friends and students walking along Arroyo Street before he vanished.

The L.A. City Council has approved a $50,000 reward for information leading to the whereabouts of Elias and his safe return home.

http://ktla.com/2017/02/24/fbi-join...nando-valley-teen-who-disappeared-1-week-ago/

[video=youtube;GbOdwdRX380]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbOdwdRX380[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back