GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there something IS said about troubles not getting along lately after a Cmas? ( I keep wondering why he couldn't just continue with her and the boys....why he killed her then.) I know we've been going over this for weeks sorry to ask a dumb question. (I know he wanted money )

Hello Sheila,
that is the forever question? He had it all? The wonderful funny witty warm hearted and generous Helen? Him and his boys in a wonderful manor, Helen cooking her best pies? This is where we need to understand the difference between a normal bloke versus a psychopath or monster as I now want to name him?

ETA

Sheila that was not a dumb question! We have been all wandering the why!!!

Just seen this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4272294/Murder-victim-s-falsified-boyfriend.html

Think there are similarities as it seems the police were watching and biding their time

That looks very odd indeed. Yes he's been charged with falsifying her Will but there could be more.

What a horrible brutal death. She needs a WS thread of her own.

Apparently they've made multiple arrests but not got there yet.

ETA that if I can work out how..from an iPad ...I will start a thread for Robyn. Will check that there isn't one already running first though.

This answer Helen gave in an interview gave me a jolt -

[FONT="][B]Q: What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?[/B][/FONT]
[IMG]http://www.authorhotline.com/authors_thumbs/321.jpg[/IMG]
[COLOR=#00A69C][FONT="]I still hanker after forensic science or the police force. I've read so many books and watched so many programmes on the subject, I'm positive if they just let me near the crime scene dressed in a fetching white boiler suit and gloves, I'd soon work out whether it was Colonel Mustard with the dagger in the library, or Mrs Peacock with the rope in the ballroom.

[/FONT][/COLOR]It seems more unreal by the day. Maybe that`s because the more I read about her, as well as her own blogs/written work, the more I feel I know her.

mee too, I thought the other night that I would have love sitting in a pub talking with her. Ooh forensics and police work, I knew she was a kindered spirit to us and she would have fitted right in here.

That looks very odd indeed. Yes he's been charged with falsifying her Will but there could be more.

What a horrible brutal death. She needs a WS thread of her own.

Apparently they've made multiple arrests but not got there yet.

ETA that if I can work out how..from an iPad ...I will start a thread for Robyn. Will check that there isn't one already running first though.

Morning Florrie

I also couldnt see a thread for Robyn so have started one ( easier from my pc - I pad harder ! )

Here's the link and have also put the link into the UK links forum

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rch-14-2016-Surrey-UK&p=13195579#post13195579

It gives me great satisfaction to know that during the trial he was reminded over two days in court, what his living conditions used to be like, in those 4 hours of police video taped interviews.
Slouching in his leather chair in his last weeks of liberty.

Good job they weren't done at the police station.

It gives me great satisfaction to know that during the trial he was reminded over two days in court, what his living conditions used to be like, in those 4 hours of police video taped interviews.
Slouching in his leather chair in his last weeks of liberty.

Good job they weren't done at the police station.

Very true !........did we ever get to see the entire interviews? Gosh, I would love to see them.

Very true !........did we ever get to see the entire interviews? Gosh, I would love to see them.

Have only found the clips on line. I agree, would be interesting to watch the interviews in full

Was there something IS said about troubles not getting along lately after a Cmas? ( I keep wondering why he couldn't just continue with her and the boys....why he killed her then.) I know we've been going over this for weeks sorry to ask a dumb question. (I know he wanted money )

This is what I struggle with, the why, then, or ever. He had the perfect life given his malingering, a wonderful lady that accepted it, a secure, seemingly happy future for him and his boys, so why did he not let this continue?

We all know now it was about money and I can only think that the reason we struggle with his motive is because we cannot think in the same way he does, the same way that he, obviously a psychopath/sociopath does not think in the same way that we do.

I still struggle, I just wish he would confess......,but it would still be all lies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still wish the investigation had searched that garage more thoroughly from the outset, and forcibly moved vehicles around. That they had sought records from land agents and sewage firms and not pussy-footed round IS in his lord-of-the-manor role. That neighbours with knowledge/ land agents/ former owner- had been more intrusive about what had been searched. The indignity to Helen was compounded by that delay in recovering her - and evidence was lost. I was astonished that the judge commended the team, as I thought they would have voluntarily referred themselves to IPCC for "lessons learned" / change in law. Also why no legal powers to disrupt IS by seizing his phone and ALL the computer equipment. Difficult for general public to take missing persons report on trust any more. Anybody genuine would volunteer their phone to assist an investigation. Could they not have taken it apart in his presence, given him a new handset /same SIM? Smartphones are computers now - who knows what he researched by that means under multiple false IDs? Helen got justice by a thread and by a non-credible pantomime act in court by her murderer (his final insult, because yes I do think he hated her- he will have read her private blogs, messages and emails while she was drugged). It took too long to move in on him. How can we stop these charades from re-occurring?

The fact that there's been a similar case suggests that new Laws need to be passed to protect ex partners who hold a joint share in property? Or that such Wills are banned? I know nothing of the Law enlighten me..

I still wish the investigation had searched that garage more thoroughly from the outset, and forcibly moved vehicles around. That they had sought records from land agents and sewage firms and not pussy-footed round IS in his lord-of-the-manor role. That neighbours with knowledge/ land agents/ former owner- had been more intrusive about what had been searched. The indignity to Helen was compounded by that delay in recovering her - and evidence was lost. I was astonished that the judge commended the team, as I thought they would have voluntarily referred themselves to IPCC for "lessons learned" / change in law. Also why no legal powers to disrupt IS by seizing his phone and ALL the computer equipment. Difficult for general public to take missing persons report on trust any more. Anybody genuine would volunteer their phone to assist an investigation. Could they not have taken it apart in his presence, given him a new handset /same SIM? Smartphones are computers now - who knows what he researched by that means under multiple false IDs? Helen got justice by a thread and by a non-credible pantomime act in court by her murderer (his final insult, because yes I do think he hated her- he will have read her private blogs, messages and emails while she was drugged). It took too long to move in on him. How can we stop these charades from re-occurring?

I don't know how these charades can be stopped. One of my friends is a serving police officer and says they have to have much much more than just sheer suspicion before warrants for searching property and moving stuff about will be granted. He says it is very very frustrating when you know the person involved with a crime has much much more info which could be uncovered by searching.

I don't see any problem with motive.
In a nutshell:

He wanted the money. He wanted all the money.
He didn't want Helen.

I don't think he felt anything for Helen - he had nothing in common with her, he didn't like her, he wasn't attracted to her.
And as with Diane, he probably resented her likeability which added to his envy of everything she had and was.

This is what I struggle with, the why, then, or ever. He had the perfect life given his malingering, a wonderful lady that accepted it, a secure, seemingly happy future for him and his boys, so why did he not let this continue?

I struggle with this too. I don't know why he did it. The kindest thing I can think of is that head injury in his 20s (does anyone know exactly what happened?) damaged his brain in some way.

I don't know how these charades can be stopped. One of my friends is a serving police officer and says they have to have much much more than just sheer suspicion before warrants for searching property and moving stuff about will be granted. He says it is very very frustrating when you know the person involved with a crime has much much more info which could be uncovered by searching.

Exactly. I think the police played a blinder in this case, given the limits that are placed on their powers.
Would we really want them to have unlimited powers?

The unfortunate factor in the search was the existence of that other septic tank - the one they found early on. Had it not been there, there's no doubt they would have looked for and found the one in the garage sooner.

I understand it was an Australian visitor to a neighbour that mentioned the septic tank, then police contacted Mr. Shannon, previous owner, if this helps.

'Terrible things can happen to amazing people' - how true and how sad. x

I liked the "register" of this article. The (WTTE) of wondering about having the right to feel sad about Helen on such a short acquaintance linked into my reservations way back before I joined WS. These threads, with the searching for justice, and the outrage felt on Helen's behalf, as another human being, let alone a particularly bright light,have more than answered my initial doubts.

Seeing "the creature" being interviewed whilst slouching in the same or similar leather armchair Helen had been photographed in, (not the desk photos) with the same books and ornaments in the background, made me feel queasy.

I understand it was an Australian visitor to a neighbour that mentioned the septic tank, then police contacted Mr. Shannon, previous owner, if this helps.

The timeline has been cleared up more than once. The police had already found the second tank by the time the neighbour spoke to them, and they had already made arrangements for it to be emptied.

Mr Shannon's evidence was still useful, because he was able to tell them about the "good place to hide a body" conversation.

Morning Florrie

I also couldnt see a thread for Robyn so have started one ( easier from my pc - I pad harder ! )

Here's the link and have also put the link into the UK links forum

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rch-14-2016-Surrey-UK&p=13195579#post13195579
O/T

Wow Florrie and Alyce - you guys don`t hang around! Thank you both for setting up a new thread. Think there are many fundamental similarities here. And interesting when relating to posts on here about the parameters of police powers. Like with IS, I`m sure the police have an extremely good idea of who the perpetrator is behind this murder, but at the moment their hands are tied as they were with IS, and they are unable to do what they would really like to do! Sounds like a "hit! job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa