GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was dreadful - I started making a list of all the errors, it annoyed me so much - the worst bit being where they said IS never gave evidence and refused to attend his trial !

I wonder how they research these cases ?

Remember MWTs documentary where the source was Pistorius?

Or the netflix documentary where the main source of material was Knox?

Or panorama on the McCanns?

The Becky watts case is one of the few good efforts I have seen in recent years as the main source was the detectives in charge

Well that was dreadful - I started making a list of all the errors, it annoyed me so much - the worst bit being where they said IS never gave evidence and refused to attend his trial !

I wonder how they research these cases ?
BBM

I've just finished watching it on catch up - and that really made my piss fizz! So many errors, and the terrible reconstructions.....

Did anyone watch the programme last night? There were some errors ... I can’t believe it has been almost three years. I hope Helen, Boris and John are resting.

Did anyone watch the programme last night? There were some errors ... I can’t believe it has been almost three years. I hope Helen, Boris and John are resting.

Missed it Tiny - was it good ?

Managed to miss it. I have been looking for a rerun but have been unsuccessful so far.

Yes, the comment was interesting. A case of "like father, like son" it seems. The possible murder of his wife is still under investigation. It is taking an awfully long time to come to a conclusion about this.

I know someone who knew IS and his family from youth and from the way that person tells it there were some peculiarities growing up and it wasn’t the father. Although lots of us have perculiar families and don’t go round killing people.

From memory I was commenting on a remark by somebody who was taught by IS's father but I agree some families do have odd characters within but that does not make them murders and fairly obviously IS's father did not murder. However, I am a firm believer in genetics play a part in one's behaviour rather more than some people accept and studies on separated identical twins tends to prove this. IMO unpleasantness is as unpleasantness does but does not necessarily make a murderer.

A detective praised for his work solving the murder of children's author Helen Bailey has been charged with stealing £9,000 from his employers.

Det Sgt David Sharpe, a member of the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire major crime unit, worked on the murder case in 2016.

He appeared at Cambridge Magistrates' Court earlier charged with two counts of theft from Hertfordshire Constabulary.

[...]

Det Sgt Sharpe, who has been released on unconditional bail, received a commendation for demonstrating the very highest standards of detective work for his role in solving the murder.

Murder detective charged with £9k theft

Young family buy £1.25 million home where children's author was slain by fiance

Young family buy £1.25 million home where children's author was murdered by fiance

EXCLUSIVE: The family told a neighbour they know the horror history of the Royston, Hertfordshire house where Electra Brown series author Helen Bailey was murdered - but it is still their 'dream house'.

ByLouie Smith

• 21:27, 4 DEC 2019

For me this could only be a house of horrors rather than a dream home .

Young family buy £1.25 million home where children's author was slain by fiance

Young family buy £1.25 million home where children's author was murdered by fiance

EXCLUSIVE: The family told a neighbour they know the horror history of the Royston, Hertfordshire house where Electra Brown series author Helen Bailey was murdered - but it is still their 'dream house'.

ByLouie Smith

• 21:27, 4 DEC 2019

For me this could only be a house of horrors rather than a dream home .

Agree IB, I could never forget what happened there - and if, as seems likely, the house is still connected to the cess pit, I really could not cope with knowing where all the waste from my house was going !

I note that the family say they don't mind about what happened - fair enough, everyone is different - but at the same time, they were happy to capitalise on the tragedy by getting another price reduction.

Nevertheless, better to have the house sold rather than sitting as a tragic reminder of the evil that happened there.

I do hope Helen's money has gone to the right people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo