Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She may not have been wearing a seat belt to start with, and her window may have already been down. Was she known to smoke in her car?

Agreed! I wrote in a separate response that we don't know whether the window and seatbelt were done before the 'slide', during or after hitting the water, I should have stated that bc it's been implied that these things were done to escape, that I was basing my question on this being the case (she became aware and prepared for a swim).

I realize we'll likely never know. Who knows if she simply parked at the top of the ramp bc it had the best vantage point for watching the water while she got high? No seatbelt on, window down/cracked. Then somehow couldn't get traction to leave and car started down the ramp... It's just the stuff of nightmares, no matter how it happened. For so many reasons, I kind of hope she WAS unconscious/unaware as it was happening.

Please take another look.
The first image is the aerial view. The road is right next to the parking lot.
This is the road, which is the only thing one can actually go to on Google Street View.

If you click on any one of the links, and then explore in Google maps, you can see more.

I don't see any street lights in this park (I could be wrong). It's my understanding that Toni was also known to drive fast. If she was driving even a little too fast for conditions, it's easy for me to see how she could have made that curve and ended up in the river.
What I am seeing is Main Street and still not the one you are saying is the road.
9dd7851810b17d69be582488f3481e34.jpg

This is what is leading me to believe that - the small parking area in the 360 view looks like the one show in the road labeled "Main Street". You did say the road on the left is what you are saying is the main road. It is unlabeled and does look to lead straight into the ramp - but Main Street does not, you can turn right into the parking lot or left onto the boat ramp.

Your aerial view is also showing the right road to be the only road in. The left is thin like I said and looks like a walking trail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

What I am seeing is Main Street and still not the one you are saying is the road.
9dd7851810b17d69be582488f3481e34.jpg

This is what is leading me to believe that - the small parking area in the 360 view looks like the one show in the road labeled "Main Street". You did say the road on the left is what you are saying is the main road. It is unlabeled and does look to lead straight into the ramp - but Main Street does not, you can turn right into the parking lot or left onto the boat ramp.

Is anyone in the area who could video the way the roads are set up? Or take clearer photos?

Here's a video of the boat ramp construction-at the 6:21 mark-

[video=vimeo;81020597]https://vimeo.com/81020597[/video]

Good question. Some state parks in my state have trail cams too.

Is it a state owned park? A forest preserve? Something more local?
This shot right here just makes me shake my head even more at her somehow accidentally going down the boat ramp. If she was impaired, it would make more sense...but likely this would have happened after she was pulled over. I also still think she had to have been there for a reason. So confusing. 😔

985a70730b09d37852882c23cace3508.jpg

I can see where she could have made a mistake, hit the breaks at the stop sign and slid. :(

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

One theory regarding the FB check-ins:

Many of these "fake accounts" are supposedly former KU students who live in KC, but a few are also based in Branson MO, Columbia (where Mizzou is), and St. Louis. These accounts are actually pretty active, checking in one or two times daily to similar locations no matter what the city -- tanning beds, gyms, dog parks, etc. Based on the fact that the location is not only a check-in but also "tagged" on the FB post in light gray font, it leads me to think that someone really is "tagging in" here. (See red box)

attachment.php

Could these check-ins be real people using fake accounts to signal location for a drug exchange? Would explain why they only seem to frequent the same public, high-traffic locations over and over again.

IF we follow this logic, it means that Platte Landing Park is a common, frequently used drug-dealing location. That also aligns with Toni's motive to go up to Parkville, if PS Sr.'s comments on FB were to be believed.

What really eats at me is that there were only NINE MINUTES between Toni sending her last "omg pulled over" text message and the (unread?) text that came at 4:53 a.m. from the person she was supposed to meet up with. So what happened in those nine minutes?

Toni slid off the boat ramp before ever successfully meeting up with her alleged dealer? Or did she meet up with said dealer, they did too many drugs, and Toni got in an accident after he left? Or did Toni run into someone else and witness something at the park she wasn't supposed to?

I personally hope/pray toxicology has answers. The only way I'll believe it was an accident is if it turns out she was impaired.

I agree that the last phone text not being answered is interesting since it was supposed to be the person she was going to meet up with. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody that she knew was there with her when all of this happened. It's possible that the said accident happened after her meeting, and she was impaired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodies decompose twice as fast when submerged in water, obviously temperature does play a role in this. Just for note, KC has had an unseasonably warm winter. If her body was in a condition that you could notice she was unharmed other than a bruise to her knee she hadn't been in the river long.

Bodies decompose twice as fast when submerged in water, obviously temperature does play a role in this. Just for note, KC has had an unseasonably warm winter. If her body was in a condition that you could notice she was unharmed other than a bruise to her knee she hadn't been in the river long.

I believe the water temps in that area were ranging around 35 degrees which is severe hypothermia index . It would greatly slow decomposition of body.

I understand why one would wonder about that. Unsurprisingly, I have seen conflicting information in the media about how they identified the body. Some said it was easily identifiable as Toni and claimed she had no injuries but a bruise. Others said she was identified by the clothes she was wearing and awaiting coroner confirmation.

Regarding what you suggested--that someone may have placed Toni there more recently--the police spokesperson addressed that. She said they did not think this was the case.
https://www.google.com/amp/fox4kc.c...pulled-from-water-at-platte-landing-park/amp/

Do you all get the impression they will release more details about the discovery?

I dont think we will get many more details. Mom and Dad have said case closed.

English Landing park, which is connected to this one, was the park Pete named as the place where he was told her phone last pinged. I wish we knew whether police corroborate that... https://www.google.com/amp/fox4kc.c...n-search-for-missing-woman-toni-anderson/amp/

I've been thinking about this "ping". The family/friends had this info pretty early on but I really don't remember the police specifically confirming it. Could the "ping" they are speaking of be the last known location on her Find My IPhone account? PS had access to all her SM accounts it's reasonable to infer that he could log in up that maybe? And they are just calling it a "ping" not using the term correctly? JMO

Anderson’s parents ‘relieved’ to have answers
41 Action News
Three days after Toni Anderson’s car was pulled from the Missouri River, her parents are planning their daughter’s funeral. They believe Anderson may have been lost and slid into the river.

[video=youtube;TuejhB_VN9s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuejhB_VN9s[/video]

I believe the water temps in that area were ranging around 35 degrees which is severe hypothermia index . It would greatly slow decomposition of body.

Even at those temps constantly, which they were not. You would have blood pooling to escape the body which would appear a small a bruise. I, of course did not see her body, but the way it was described to the media was that it was so pristinely preserved that a bruise to the knee stood out. Believe me, if you're dead anywhere for 2 months your body will be badly discolored and possible appear bruised in multiple places, especially hands, arms, legs, feet. Also being submerged that long in water above freezing temps would almost definitely cause some sort of loss of parts... usuallly hand and feet fall off first.

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/03...y-morning-traffic-stop-phone-gps-deactivated/
From the article:

On the night she went missing, police say, Toni had told co-workers at Chrome that she was going to meet friends at another club in downtown Kansas City, called the Shady Lady. But that just didn't make sense to police.
"They close at 3 in the morning, so the business was closed when she said she was going to go there," said Sgt. Caldwell. And just after leaving work, Toni was in fact traveling in the opposite direction of the Shady Lady when she was pulled over by a police officer for making an illegal lane change.

Then farther down in the article:

But as they searched for Toni, police found something else in her text and phone records that caught their attention: Communications indicating that when Toni disappeared she was actually on her way to meet another man, a co-worker at Chrome. Sgt. Caldwell tells Crime Watch Daily that they were able to identify that friend, who was cooperative and forthcoming, but the friend did not yield any new clues. And Toni did not make her meeting at that location. "Based upon what the investigation has revealed, yes, I can say with the utmost certainty that she did not go to that location," said Caldwell.

Toni did not meet her friends at the Shady Lady as apparently was planned.
Toni did not show up to meet the co-worker at planned location as her texts revealed.
Instead she is at a desolate park at 5 a.m.

It doesn't sound like she had other communication with someone else to meet her at that park. Her phone would reveal that communication like it did with the coworker. (But if she did, I don't think that will ever be revealed most likely because it would put her in a bad light.) But as of right now if, and thats a big if, there was any other communication with someone else to meet in the park that person has been cleared.

So the conclusion is she was in a park, out of her way for no reason anyone can explain and made a crazy driving error which cost her her life.

This one will always bother me.

A lack of air plus cold water prevents putrefaction and therefore slows decomp - just as it would if you had a whole chicken out on your counter vs one covered with cold water in a container in your refrigerator (set to a near freezing temp).

So, I had to google bruising. This is what I got. My question is, do you continue to bruise after expiring? I would not know. Would the body in that temperature plus cease of blood flow produce or prevent bruising?
https://www.reference.com/health/long-bruise-form-3d22d8792f8ac96c

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk
After death blood pooling in the body can present as "bruising". A bruise is broken blood vessels and a pooling of blood. When you die your body is ridding itself of your blood which would result in the visual as massive bruising to the extremities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wild_Witch