Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teresa Lynn Rhodes
http://www.nampn.org/cases/rhodes_teresa.html

She has a similar facial profile to one of the work ups provided. She is very young at 13 and 2 years below age estimate, but you never know.

Also her hair was quite long, I don't think this doe had long hair?

You could turn her into NamUs to see if she's been ruled out; I believe they both have DNA on file.
I was reading up on Teresa's case, and it's pretty interesting.
http://pennsylvaniamissing.com/rhodesteresalynn.html

The wsr and series of numbers are important. She took the time to jot it down on her hand for that matter. Maybe in the car where she had no access to paper. Was it coordinates..turns..routes....maybe initials and phone number...license plate?

West South Route....there are alot of routes with 4 and 6 leading out from NY to PA . Newspaper found in suitcase was from NY.

I am not sure if this info. has already been found, but I was reading over the info. about the missing White Haven Doe (above) and the initials that were found on her palm/hand, "WSR" may stand for "Wsr Trucking. It is a licensed and bonded freight shipping and trucking company running freight hauling business from Willow St, Pennsylvania. Wsr Trucking".

When I searched, I added a period after each letter and this trucking company popped up. What do you think Snufamonbobball? (I am a newbie, so go easy on me ;-) The webiste is: www.quicktransportsolutions.com

Do u know if this trucking co was around in the late 70's?

My thought is the babys father was responsible. Why would someone choose an expectant mother to kill at random? Knew she could be ID so removed certain features. Planned out her murder as the due date drew close. Maybe was having an affair with her? Hard to pinpoint her exact (look) with nose and ears missing :(

:thinking: I do find it interesting that the numbers following 'WSR that were written on her hand, were close to the address of this trucking company, (numerical portion for the address is 43) but, I suppose that's fruitless if the company didn't exist on record in the 70's.

I was also thinking, what if the numbers were to identify a "specific work/company vehicle/driver"?

Some companies give each vehicle an ID # of their own.

Sorry, my mind is kind of jumping all over the place here.

Wsr Trucking was founded in 2012, and is located at 43 Parkview Dr in Willow Street. It employs 1 employees and is generating approximately $63,000.00 in annual revenue. Additional information is available by contacting this business at (717) 584-0741.

WSR TRUCKING
43 Parkview Dr
Willow St, PA 17584

717-584-0741

It could also be that she was hitchhiking, picked up and the perp, who didn't realize that she was pregnant, and possibly didn't care that she was, having planning on killing her anyway once he was done with her? I am just thinking out loud
:-(

Being from neighboring Delaware, I 476...suspected numbs on hand...runs from willow st PA to white haven..where body was found.

Sorry I am not from the area. So do you think the numbers are the route that she was taking? Again, I am new, so bare with me here :confused:

It could also be that she was hitchhiking, picked up and the perp, who didn't realize that she was pregnant, and possibly didn't care that she was, having planning on killing her anyway once he was done with her? I am just thinking out loud

Although it is often the"father" who is responsible for murdering a pregnant woman, imo. removing her nose and ears so that she is not recognized makes (sick) sense from a perp's point of view, but also removing her breasts, seems like sk behavior, imo.
Unless " Beth" had identifying tattoos on her chest, doubtful, but possible, or the "partner" went totally mentally crazy.

There is something else that might cause someone to mutilate that part of a pregnant woman, and that might be another woman in a fit of jealous rage.
Could a female be responsible for this heinous crime, and if so, might that help in some way to identify "Beth"?

Complete speculation, imo.

He may not have cared, but at eight and a half months, I think even a very unobservant male would have noticed...

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

He may not have cared, but at eight and a half months, I think even a very unobservant male would have noticed...

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Because she was very young...I do also think you could see she was pregnant, not having a belly because she was "big" ...or what 50+ woman like me develop a different silhouette, I would say the killer knew that and didn't wanted to be a father of this child....got "chicken"....(and of course was crazy and disturbed in many ways, had a sick but calculating mind) or it was just a coincidence meeting her, hitchhiking, being weak and vulnerable....it's obvious this person had no respect for live, whatsoever....

Sorry @ car buff, I should've been clearer. I meant that if it were a random perp that picked her up, he may not have noticed the belly until she got inside the vehicle. Lot's of people don't show even at 8 months, females can cover up with big hooded sweaters and sweatshirts easily.

Also, I do wonder about the baby's daddy theory and you're right, maybe someone didn't want to be a daddy?

I just typed out this longgg response to you @ dotr and poof, it disappeared...Any who...I agree that it could've been a female too. Either way, it's very likely that nut is still out there somewhere... Do you know how often cold case DNA samples are compared? I mean NEW DNA samples are added to LE's system everyday, right? Or are the old cases with no known identity, automatically compared to the new ones that are added....Any idea?Sorry for all the questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard