Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #3

She had two phones. Only one was found at the Goodwill if I remember correctly.

Some people have Obama phones plus prepaid phones or phones under someone elses plan.

But I never seen unemployed addicts carry 2 at the same time. Maybe a drug dealer. But not someone in recovery that doesn't have a job that requires having 2 phones.

If you have a smart phone and cut services to it you can still use it to access internet, take photos, and play your music. Maybe she couldn't afford the cell phone bill so had a pre-paid phone and used her old smart phone for everyrhing else.

Some people have Obama phones plus prepaid phones or phones under someone elses plan.

But I never seen unemployed addicts carry 2 at the same time. Maybe a drug dealer. But not someone in recovery that doesn't have a job that requires having 2 phones.

Having more than one phone doesn't necessarily mean she was paying for phone service on both phones. I have an old iPhone 4 that my nephew uses at my house to play his educational games. It isn't on a phone plan and doesn't cost me anything since I paid for the phone itself years ago. It's set up to connect to the wireless internet in my house so he can play his games that require internet access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh No! Been following this case from the beginning and just now catching up with this thread from 3 days ago....

:rose: RIP Maricela :rose:

Hoping Maricela gets JUSTICE! Prayers and condolences to her family and friends.

I am new to posting so Please forgive me if I post anything that Isn't allowed. I have been following this story from day 1 and, like everyone else, I was really hoping for a different outcome.
I ran across this article and thought I would share. If it has already been posted I apologize. The article has several quotes from Maricellas brother and gives a little bit of insight on her difficult past, and her hopes and dreams for the future. Going off of what he says, it seems as though she had really turned her life around. He stated that she was enrolled in school but doesn't say when she was supposed to start. “She wanted to go back to school and she had enrolled to attend Moorpark College,” Edgar said. "She was going to study sociology and help people so that they wouldn’t have as hard a time as she had,” Garcia said. “She had a pretty hard life. Everything was a struggle". I also thought this quote from her brother was interesting “I know they’re treating it as a crime,” Garcia said, referring to homicide detectives.

https://signalscv.com/2017/03/22/14538/

I agree with you. I think she was afraid and knew she was in danger. The secret is definitely a big part of this puzzle.

Agreed. I recently started wondering if this is a secret Maricela kept from the world or if this is a secret those close to her know but is being kept from the public?

Just my own thoughts.

I am new to posting so Please forgive me if I post anything that Isn't allowed. I have been following this story from day 1 and, like everyone else, I was really hoping for a different outcome.
I ran across this article and thought I would share. If it has already been posted I apologize. The article has several quotes from Maricellas brother and gives a little bit of insight on her difficult past, and her hopes and dreams for the future. Going off of what he says, it seems as though she had really turned her life around. He stated that she was enrolled in school but doesn't say when she was supposed to start. “She wanted to go back to school and she had enrolled to attend Moorpark College,” Edgar said. "She was going to study sociology and help people so that they wouldn’t have as hard a time as she had,” Garcia said. “She had a pretty hard life. Everything was a struggle". I also thought this quote from her brother was interesting “I know they’re treating it as a crime,” Garcia said, referring to homicide detectives.

https://signalscv.com/2017/03/22/14538/

Thanks for posting.

Hdengland81

:welcome6:

and thanks for posting that article.

I wonder if we'll ever find out the COD?

:rose: RIP Maricella :rose:

Just checked back in on this thread to see the desperately sad news. Thoughts are with the family and with mistivon who worked so hard to bring Mariela home. I agree with whoever said that the facts seem to point to someone she knew, or at least had a connection to, and was not random. I also agree that it seems as though the police will want to cover their tracks here, since they clearly did not do enough. A simple review of surveillance footage would have given them so much information, and I hope they will now make up for it by tracking down whoever did this. Whether it was accidental OD or something more sinister, no one should get away with dumping another human in the middle of nowhere. That act in itself reeks of guilt and responsibility, for at least some aspect of what happened to Mariela. Heartbreaking for the family. They have some answers now, but they need more.

Can someone who knows about the drug world explain why they need those signs to encourage people to report OD? would you get arrested for bringing in someone else who had used illegal drugs? Why would someone abandon another human rather than take them to a hospital if this was a simple case of overdose?

Just checked back in on this thread to see the desperately sad news. Thoughts are with the family and with mistivon who worked so hard to bring Mariela home. I agree with whoever said that the facts seem to point to someone she knew, or at least had a connection to, and was not random. I also agree that it seems as though the police will want to cover their tracks here, since they clearly did not do enough. A simple review of surveillance footage would have given them so much information, and I hope they will now make up for it by tracking down whoever did this. Whether it was accidental OD or something more sinister, no one should get away with dumping another human in the middle of nowhere. That act in itself reeks of guilt and responsibility, for at least some aspect of what happened to Mariela. Heartbreaking for the family. They have some answers now, but they need more.

Can someone who knows about the drug world explain why they need those signs to encourage people to report OD? would you get arrested for bringing in someone else who had used illegal drugs? Why would someone abandon another human rather than take them to a hospital if this was a simple case of overdose?

Sadly, many times the friends of the OD'd victim have their own legal problems. They often have open warrants or are on probation. If they are known to be with someone using drugs, they could be arrested for violating their probation.

So they may just leave their friend and allow them to die. It is heartbreaking.

Thanks Katydid that makes sense. If it's the case then known associates with outstanding criminal warrants or who are on probation might be a good place to start looking. I guess the family may not know all of her associates. Those phone records really are crucial, i hope LE are looking into them. They must at least know whether or not it has been confirmed as her phone by now.

I've been avoiding this thread. I don't want to think about it. RIP Maricela :(

Probably about half the addicts I know have legal problems and many just don't want to risk it. I don't know what the laws are in California but they have changed it in a few places, so that you won't face legal repercussions for bringing a friend to a hospital. Progress is being made slowly but surely.

It also depends on the types of people she was with and where they're from. Some places, you just don't snitch and you don't call the cops. You don't. End of discussion. And some people are afraid of cops, more afraid of cops than afraid of an immediate threat or emergency. It only takes one bad experience, especially in childhood. I can tell you it's truly astounding how deep the systemic problems run that lead to people leaving their own friends to die.

I don't know what to think about this. I'm not immediately ready to put blame on people, but I'm also biased and deeply sympathetic. However the circumstances around her disappearance are very strange and I'm not sure that Maricela OD'd or that she was not lured with malicious intent. And boy was it an interesting choice to leave her somewhere that she wouldn't be found. Hopefully they can get a COD soon and work from there. In my own personal opinion, LE did not do their job to the best of their ability (considering the information we have at hand). Maybe some day we'll be worth their time. Maybe some day.

:heartbeat::rose:RIP Maricella:rose::heartbeat:

I'm so sorry to those who loved her.

Maricela deserved better in life and in death. She certainly didn't put herself there so someone has to know ​something.

If she did reveal any of the secret to her sister, I hope the sister tells law enforcement everything she knows ( just in case it is relevant)

I'm pretty sure that Maricela had been deceased for a while. Probably within a short time after she disappeared because reports state that the remains where skeletal.
To me, that probably rules out the sex trafficking theory that some where so adamant about. Why would traffickers kidnap Maricela and kill her very soon after? If they're going to go thru the trouble of kidnapping her, why wouldn't they want to make as much money as possible out of her? They would sell her off as many times as they could to make as much money as possible. Killing her shortly after would defeat the purpose. IMO. So I don't think this has anything to do with human trafficking.
I think it is a lot closer to home ( meaning that she knew the person who killed her not that anyone in her actual home is the perp )
IMO only

If it was an overdose or accident, why wouldn't they have pushed her out of the car there? They could've left her somewhere closer if she died while using drugs rather then drive her 40 mins away? Who knows, anything is possible i guess!?!

Question-
I remember before Maricela was located that a lot of people felt like her disappearance could be related to other missing girls in the area.

Now that some time has passed, Does anyone still feel like there is a connection?
Many speculated that human trafficking could be involved because many of the missing where young attractive ladies.

SD was found in CA but after some sleuthing, I'm not at all convinced that she was a victim of Human trafficking even though her family adamantly believed she was. Upon her being located, two men where arrested. One was let go almost immediately.
I sleuthed the arrests in that area and not one person was charged with human trafficking or anything even remotely related. There was one that was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor and a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge. ( That's a far cry from human trafficking) Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I sleuthed the wrong man. But something doesn't sit right with me with the SD case. Most importantly though, she's located safe and returned to her family.

So my question is this- does anyone still feel like there's a connection? Some of the other cases in question have been resolved. Some have not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle
Back