Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Jonathan now has proof that Jenny may have still been alive and accidentally started a new Chinese account under her usual screen name that she likes to use

So let's see if Jonathan goes this route.

Or if he debunks the entire thing.

Dex, Have you become a member of the HFJ site? If not, are you interested in doing so, in order to run this by JR?

Dex, Have you become a member of the HFJ site? If not, are you interested in doing so, in order to run this by JR?

Hi Web.

I guess we are the same.

Because we both have been trying to find Jenny for many months.

But haven't elected to post on jrs help page.

Hi Web.

I guess we are the same.

Because we both have been trying to find Jenny for many months.

But haven't elected to post on jrs help page.

Excellent, you are doing much better than I, as I've already been booted off the HFJ site. It is very easy to join that site, why not do it? You could ask JR about this lead in a diplomatic way.

Someone call it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to find a second screen page using the link, which has two telephone numbers and an email address:

Contact information
Name: Chen Qun Dan
Mobile: 15158760231
phone: 13587417611
QQ: 88164216
Email: 88164216@qq.com

The 515 area code is in the US state of Iowa. The 358 area code is in the country of Finland.

This may or may not be our Jenny Chen, as Chen Qun Dan might be a name held by more than one person.

Great job Dex and Kaboom!! Everyone has been busy today!

I do wonder if Jenny's brother started the new account, hoping to pull in information. Or it could have been JR. And even better, it could have been Jenny who quickly bailed out, but I'm not optimistic.

Web, if you type in those phone numbers on Google in their entirety, Chinese sites show up. I think these were phone numbers Jenny had in China

http://shouji.m.supfree.net/cat.asp?dog=1515876

http://shouji.m.supfree.net/cat.asp?dog=1358741&page=7

I am so behind as been swamped in Abby's and Libby's threads, checking in

I think i found another user name for her. If this is old info I apologize. xiaohua1980.

Her jennycqd account received a birthday posting, and likes, in February. I'll assume that's old news.

I think i found another user name for her. If this is old info I apologize. xiaohua1980.

Her jennycqd account received a birthday posting, and likes, in February. I'll assume that's old news.

I can barely keep track of new and old news anymore. We might as well just start recycling old stuff and call it new. ;)

Do you have a link for xiaohua1980. Usually numbers like 1980 indicate a birth year, so I'm just curious what makes you think it's Jenny. Photo or bio? Or?

Great job Dex and Kaboom!! Everyone has been busy today!

I do wonder if Jenny's brother started the new account, hoping to pull in information. Or it could have been JR. And even better, it could have been Jenny who quickly bailed out, but I'm not optimistic.

Web, if you type in those phone numbers on Google in their entirety, Chinese sites show up. I think these were phone numbers Jenny had in China

http://shouji.m.supfree.net/cat.asp?dog=1515876

http://shouji.m.supfree.net/cat.asp?dog=1358741&page=7

Ok, I will buy that both numbers are for China. Those area codes are also listed for China here:
http://www.searchyellowdirectory.com/reverse-phone/86/

That makes more sense than Finland and the US; also area codes for those countries, but separated by half a planet. As well, a Chinese person on a Chinese website could be expected to have a Chinese phone number.

Can you tell me why you feel confident (if in fact you do) that this is our Jenny Chen? The surname Chen is one of the most common, as is the name Qun, while Dan is a popular female name. In every photo I've seen of Jenny, she looks different enough that I wouldn't be sure it is the same person. In any event, this only becomes important if it is dated after Jenny disappeared. I didn't find a date on either website screen. Did I miss it?

The lead that Kaboom and Dex posted is interesting because it is dated after Jenny disappeared. I still feel the reality of the case is as reported by JR and his team though; that circumstantial evidence is not outweighed by this recent lead of Kaboom and Dex, in my opinion. However, their lead certainly seems to be one that should be explained, if possible.

Have you ever been a member of the HFJ site? Do you agree that it would be good to get JR's response to the lead that Kaboom and Dex have provided? I can't do it, as they have logged my internet ID numbers (and I've been booted from that site), so I can't join again from my home computer even under a different name and email address. Are you willing to do this?

I was able to find a second screen page using the link, which has two telephone numbers and an email address:

Contact information
Name: Chen Qun Dan
Mobile: 15158760231
phone: 13587417611
QQ: 88164216
Email: 88164216@qq.com

The 515 area code is in the US state of Iowa. The 358 area code is in the country of Finland.

This may or may not be our Jenny Chen, as Chen Qun Dan might be a name held by more than one person.

Those were her phone numbers in China in 2010

Those were her phone numbers in China in 2010

Ok. Unless I'm told otherwise, I will assume that all this info is dated to before Jenny disappeared, and I wont bother sending an email to that address.

Not only is my web browser old (the latest edition that my old computer will handle), at home I have dial-up internet access. This makes searching slow and tedious at best, and sometimes impossible to bring up websites at all. Sometimes when they do come up parts of them are hidden on the screen.

People seem to be reluctant to join the HFJ site. I don't know why, as it is very easy to do. They never asked me for money and I was able to join without giving any personal info...I used a made up 'name' and a throw away email address.

It seems like a small investment in time and effort to be able to ask JR what he knows or thinks about the recent lead found by Kaboom and Dex.

I know I can't do it...I tried to join again after being booted from that site, so that's how I know they have logged my internet ID numbers.

Ok, I will buy that both numbers are for China. Those area codes are also listed for China here:
http://www.searchyellowdirectory.com/reverse-phone/86/

That makes more sense than Finland and the US; also area codes for those countries, but separated by half a planet. As well, a Chinese person on a Chinese website could be expected to have a Chinese phone number.

Can you tell me why you feel confident (if in fact you do) that this is our Jenny Chen? The surname Chen is one of the most common, as is the name Qun, while Dan is a popular female name. In every photo I've seen of Jenny, she looks different enough that I wouldn't be sure it is the same person. In any event, this only becomes important if it is dated after Jenny disappeared. I didn't find a date on either website screen. Did I miss it?

The lead that Kaboom and Dex posted is interesting because it is dated after Jenny disappeared. I still feel the reality of the case is as reported by JR and his team though; that circumstantial evidence is not outweighed by this recent lead of Kaboom and Dex, in my opinion. However, their lead certainly seems to be one that should be explained, if possible.

Have you ever been a member of the HFJ site? Do you agree that it would be good to get JR's response to the lead that Kaboom and Dex have provided? I can't do it, as they have logged my internet ID numbers (and I've been booted from that site), so I can't join again from my home computer even under a different name and email address. Are you willing to do this?
BBM

Hi Web....answering your questions...

I'm not confident that the website you posted (for real estate rentals?) and the one with two phone numbers you quoted are positively our Jenny. The picture is close but as you say, I couldn't be sure it's Jenny. The only thing that's in common with Jenny for sure is that Wenzhou is her home city, isn't it? I don't see a date either, but if it is Jenny looking for housing in China, I assume it's before she left. Unless, of course, she has returned to China and is looking for a rental...unlikely IMO.

I agree that the circumstantial evidence collected by JR's team weighs heavily in the direction of abduction, rather than Jenny running away. But I keep mentioning the Hannah Thomas-Garner case (Dex was there) in which all the circumstantial evidence her father had received (including shady friends, smashed car window and a small amount of blood) pointed to abduction (we were afraid she was dead), but she had run away (Witnesses even placed her at a Rainbow Gathering in FL, but she was in CA). After that experience I'm more reluctant to jump off the fence. But yes, I do believe this new lead needs to be explained.

I would very much like to see JR's response to this lead. I think the screenshots should be posted on HFJ pointing out the date so everyone can see it, rather than sent as a pm. I would ask above the photo both whether JR has seen this before and investigated it OR If he hasn't seen it, what does he think about it and does he think his PI should investigate this lead? It may be that JR, Jenny's family or a friend opened the account as a fishing expedition, but I wouldn't mention that. I'd like to see JR's unfiltered reaction.

I only use my FB account for sleuthing. I never post for privacy reasons, so I'm not the one to join HFJ and do this. I checked out the one WSer I know who is a member, but she hasn't been active on WS in months, so I think it's better if someone currently here posts to HFJ. I would encourage anyone who is willing to do this to be tactful and helpful, rather than imply that this negates his trucker theory and supports LE's story to the family. Lay it out and let him do the talking. And whovever posts, please let us know when you've posted so we can keep an eye on it.

All MOO.

Thanks Lilibet, for Post 398.

Obviously that would change if we can confirm that our Jenny did in fact start that account two weeks after disappearing.

Hi Web....answering your questions...I'm not confident that the website you posted (for real estate rentals?) and the one with two phone numbers you quoted are positively our Jenny. The picture is close but as you say, I couldn't be sure it's Jenny. The only thing that's in common with Jenny for sure is that Wenzhou is her home city, isn't it? I don't see a date either, but if it is Jenny looking for housing in China, I assume it's before she left. Unless, of course, she has returned to China and is looking for a rental...unlikely IMO.

That post was by GigTu; I was just responding; it did seem to be a real estate website.

I don't know if Wenzhou is Jenny's home city in China.

I was going by Kaboom's dating of those phone numbers to 2010, in assuming that the posting is unlikely to have been made after Jenny's disappearance. However, as you state, that may be unlikely but it's not a certainty.

Any ideas on how to find contact info and make contact with Jenny's Chinese family? Do you think her brother would be the best person to try and contact in her family? I wonder if a Chinese embassy (anywhere) would be willing to help with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen