Found Deceased OK - Tommy Eastep, 30, Lake Eufaula, 7 July 2013

how did they not find his car for so long? was he alive until sept? was someone driving it? im sorry, im new to this case. so strange.

how did they not find his car for so long? was he alive until sept? was someone driving it? im sorry, im new to this case. so strange.
From what I remember a hunter noticed his truck in a heavily wooded area for quite some time. Reported it a couple of times, then the police checked it and started the investigation. At that time he was nowhere to be found. For some reason I don't think that he was alive until September.

MOo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I was just reading this on their FB page. I'm glad this family can finally lay him to rest but they must be hurting today. Still so many questions.

I wonder how long it will take to get a cause of death?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope not as long as it took to find his remains. I've missed the news reports, I will watch them at 10 to see the details, I think I heard someone searching for mushrooms found the remains. Not sure how the remains could have been missed. I know searches have been conducted in that area. I am happy for his family but sad of course.

Edited to correct: There are two sets of remains found in the area. The remains found while someone was mushroom hunting were found in Eufaula these are NOT Tommy's remains. These might be another missing girl, Peggy McGuire.

Edited to correct: There are two sets of remains found in the area. The remains found while someone was mushroom hunting were found in Eufaula these are NOT Tommy's remains. These might be another missing girl, Peggy McGuire.

The remains are NOT Peggy Mcguire either.

I thought they had executed several searches in that area. I wonder how far off he was from his truck.

Sounds like a suicide or drug deal gone wrong.
They said he was less than a mile from his truck, but no mention if they found him deeper into the woods or where. A turkey hunter finally found him.

With no mention of there being a Homicide investigation, I assume they are going to use the agent's assumption he ran into the woods in a paranoid state or suicide theory.

Rest In Peace, Tommy Eastep.

The article I posted above says "Eastep's pickup truck, a 2003 silver Chevy 4X4, was discovered*September 29, 2013, in rural Hughes County. It was found abandoned near the intersection of State Highway 48 and State Highway 9."

Snip

"The remains were found near the area where Eastep's pickup truck was located, his family said."

So it appears it would have been somewhere within this area of my Google earth. The 1st image is an aerial view. The 2nd image is one view of the intersection. map.
3003dec5fd3838860b2fa9cf0d99b3f2.jpg
f9f982b39a9ec7c2419416a00c8623a8.jpg

They said he was less than a mile from his truck, but no mention if they found him deeper into the woods or where. A turkey hunter finally found him.

With no mention of there being a Homicide investigation, I assume they are going to use the agent's assumption he ran into the woods in a paranoid state or suicide theory.

Rest In Peace, Tommy Eastep.

Where did you hear that he was <1 mile within his truck?

Where did you hear that he was <1 mile within his truck?
A deputy said it on the KOCO video, but here is also quote from his brother:

During a telephone interview on Monday, Clint Eastep said a group of turkey hunters discovered skeletal remains in a field located about 100 yards where Tommy Eastep's locked truck had been found nearly three and a half years before.

http://www.news9.com/story/35116513/remains-found-nearly-4-years-after-mans-disappearance

http://www.koco.com/article/skeleta...e-of-missing-oklahoma-man-family-says/9254361

A deputy said it on the KOCO video, but here is also quote from his brother:

During a telephone interview on Monday, Clint Eastep said a group of turkey hunters discovered skeletal remains in a field located about 100 yards where Tommy Eastep's locked truck had been found nearly three and a half years before.

http://www.news9.com/story/35116513/remains-found-nearly-4-years-after-mans-disappearance

What. the. *advertiser censored**. What a horrible combination of anger, sadness and peace his family must be feeling about that

I'm not really sure what to think about it all. For those that haven't read up or been following the case, his truck was parked deep in a wooded area, which is why it took so long for someone to stumble upon it. I would assume 100 yards away would probably be just as difficult of a terrain. The area was searched. If I remember correctly, the family even continued doing searches on their own.

I'm not really sure what to think about it all. For those that haven't read up or been following the case, his truck was parked deep in a wooded area, which is why it took so long for someone to stumble upon it. I would assume 100 yards away would probably be just as difficult of a terrain. The area was searched. If I remember correctly, the family even continued doing searches on their own.

Correct.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Was the truck reported before the Sept date originally? and the police refused to go check on it? Do I have this confused with some other case? The place where his truck was found was HEAVILY wooded. Wooded so much so that the truck could no longer drive any more. The wording intersection is misleading.
He had to have been: A. So out of it he did not know what he was doing B. Driven out there and dumped (excuse my language) C. Did not want to be found.
This case has kinda touched me from the time I came across it. I feel awful for his family. I am glad they are able to bring their son and brother home. I hope there is news soon that gives some type of answers.

Was the truck reported before the Sept date originally? and the police refused to go check on it? Do I have this confused with some other case? The place where his truck was found was HEAVILY wooded. Wooded so much so that the truck could no longer drive any more. The wording intersection is misleading.
He had to have been: A. So out of it he did not know what he was doing B. Driven out there and dumped (excuse my language) C. Did not want to be found.
This case has kinda touched me from the time I came across it. I feel awful for his family. I am glad they are able to bring their son and brother home. I hope there is news soon that gives some type of answers.

Just came to this thread via of another "missing" case and was glad to see his body has been located (so sorry for the circumstances). Since there was never a murder investigation, I would assume it was a suicide? I could never find COD even after all these months (as is the case with so many of these missing/body found cases). He seemed to have so much going for him, it's just heartbreaking, whatever happened to him. Loving family left grieve for the rest of their lives.

Just came to this thread via of another "missing" case and was glad to see his body has been located (so sorry for the circumstances). Since there was never a murder investigation, I would assume it was a suicide? I could never find COD even after all these months (as is the case with so many of these missing/body found cases). He seemed to have so much going for him, it's just heartbreaking, whatever happened to him. Loving family left grieve for the rest of their lives.

If they don't release the cause of death, it is typically because it was a suicide or it was drug related.

I am assuming drug related if there is nothing obvious on the remains. RIP Tommy, glad your family got to bring you home....

Hi Everyone,

We received the following email in the websleuthscomments@gmail.com

"I am the mother of Tommy Raymond Eastep and I would like for you to post on his conversation page that the COD was unknown and undetermined. The reason being is that there wasn’t enough left of him to decide how he passed away. Tommy did not and would not commit suicide. I want this to be known on your page.

Also, please thank everyone that posted something in hopes that he would be found that the family thanks them for their efforts. And for the many condolences, we appreciate it very much.

The date of his death has been determined to be April 8, 2017 simply because that’s when his remains were found. Also, that he was found ¾ of a mile from his truck in a wooded area that had been searched twice. So, we do as a family have many unanswered questions but law enforcement considers the case closed since he was found and they can’t determine the cause of death. We still feel that there was foul play but since they couldn’t pin it on any suspects that they did have it didn’t go any farther.

But the nightmare of not knowing where he was is over. The not knowing was worse than the pain of finding him deceased. We are happy to have Tommy home, it is a great relief and yet so sad.

We as a family are still grieving we have lost a wonderful son, father, brother and uncle. We miss him everyday, as do his two children and we pray that no matter what the reason, that the missing will be found.

Molly and Colt are still out there somewhere so please continue to pray for that family.

God bless each and everyone of you."

I wrote back and offered our heartfelt condolences. Feel free to post something to Mrs. Eastep and I will make sure she sees it.

Tricia

Hi Everyone,

We received the following email in the websleuthscomments@gmail.com

"I am the mother of Tommy Raymond Eastep and I would like for you to post on his conversation page that the COD was unknown and undetermined. The reason being is that there wasn&#8217;t enough left of him to decide how he passed away. Tommy did not and would not commit suicide. I want this to be known on your page.

Also, please thank everyone that posted something in hopes that he would be found that the family thanks them for their efforts. And for the many condolences, we appreciate it very much.

The date of his death has been determined to be April 8, 2017 simply because that&#8217;s when his remains were found. Also, that he was found ¾ of a mile from his truck in a wooded area that had been searched twice. So, we do as a family have many unanswered questions but law enforcement considers the case closed since he was found and they can&#8217;t determine the cause of death. We still feel that there was foul play but since they couldn&#8217;t pin it on any suspects that they did have it didn&#8217;t go any farther.

But the nightmare of not knowing where he was is over. The not knowing was worse than the pain of finding him deceased. We are happy to have Tommy home, it is a great relief and yet so sad.

We as a family are still grieving we have lost a wonderful son, father, brother and uncle. We miss him everyday, as do his two children and we pray that no matter what the reason, that the missing will be found.

Molly and Colt are still out there somewhere so please continue to pray for that family.

God bless each and everyone of you."

I wrote back and offered our heartfelt condolences. Feel free to post something to Mrs. Eastep and I will make sure she sees it.

Tricia

Thank you for sharing Tricia and Tommy's mother. I am very sorry for your loss. From the beginning I suspected foul play, but I figured that wasn't the case after I heard they found him and no COD was released. Several other sleuths on there thought the same.

I really hope an investigative journalist picks up this case. There have been a few journalist in Oklahoma that have done some really good work with these missing person cases. Mindy Raegan Wood is one of them and police have acted on some of her reports. If you still want to look for justice and the police won't help, you may consider taking this route.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back