Found Deceased Australia - Samuel Thompson, 22, Albion, Qld, 7 March 2017 *Arrests* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alcohol and drug testing

A police officer may ask you to provide a breath, saliva, blood or urine sample for testing if they suspect you’ve committed:

particular driving offences while intoxicated (ie drunk) or
particular offences involving violence while intoxicated in a public place within the last 3 hours.
http://www.legalaid.qld.gov.au/Find...d-your-rights/Identification-and-body-samples

That's all i have found so far. The one committing violence would be applicable i would think, with or without alcohol though?

Thanks, Wow 3 hours seems a short time hey ? Maybe otherwise people could say they consumed something after the fact ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alcohol and drug testing

A police officer may ask you to provide a breath, saliva, blood or urine sample for testing if they suspect you’ve committed:

particular driving offences while intoxicated (ie drunk) or
particular offences involving violence while intoxicated in a public place within the last 3 hours.
http://www.legalaid.qld.gov.au/Find...d-your-rights/Identification-and-body-samples

That's all i have found so far. The one committing violence would be applicable i would think, with or without alcohol though?

This certainly sounds consistent with what i have seen. They are able to get the blood under these circumstances whether the person is conscious or not.

From the same link
DNA samples

If you’re charged with a serious offence, the police can take a DNA sample from you—even if you don’t agree.

A DNA sample may be taken by an authorised police officer, a doctor or a nurse by making you use a mouth swab or by taking a sample of your hair.

Drugs can also be found in dna tests like urine, hair & saliva.
(quote)
Saliva test. The saliva holds traces of alcohol, hormones and other chemicals that can indicate drug use. Saliva testing is no longer as popular as blood or urine testing. Drugs can usually be detected in the saliva for only a few hours to a few days.
Hair test. Analyzing the hair for chemical traces may be the most accurate way to test for long-term drug use. Because hair grows slowly (only about 0.5 inches per month), traces of certain drugs can be detected for months. Hair analysis requires more processing time than urine or blood testing.
http://luxury.rehabs.com/drugs-in-the-body/

They do test inmates for drugs in jail. I just don't know if they do it upon entry? (my understanding is that they conduct urine tests)

This article gives some interesting info about Qld jails and drugs. Turns out they're the only state not to offer opiate substitution treatment or harm reduction programs in male prisons :facepalm:

The number of Queensland prisoners testing positive to drugs has doubled in the last year, with a prescription opiate known in prison as "subbies" increasingly becoming the drug of choice.

Experts say Queensland has the nation's worst access to drug treatment programs, and figures obtained by the ABC show desperate prisoners are smuggling in buprenorphine, which, like methadone, is used to treat drug dependence.

Sixty-four of the 102 positive drug tests in prisons last year were for the drug, which is also known by the brand names Subutex and Suboxone.

Queensland is the only state not to offer opiate substitution treatment or harm reduction programs in male prisons, even though it is estimated more than 80 per cent of prisoners use drugs prior to incarceration.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-...ng-positive-to-heroin-treatment-drugs/6395820

Yes it is confusing.
If there is no CCTV down at Deep Water Bend (which seems to be the case - based on a poster checking out the site), it would seem strange that ST was down there alive and sighted by someone. Deep water bend is a ghost town on weekdays.
It just doesn't add up.
That updated last sighting has my mental picture of how things played out severely disrupted.

They do test inmates for drugs in jail. I just don't know if they do it upon entry? (my understanding is that they conduct urine tests)

This article gives some interesting info about Qld jails and drugs. Turns out they're the only state not to offer opiate substitution treatment or harm reduction programs in male prisons :facepalm:

The number of Queensland prisoners testing positive to drugs has doubled in the last year, with a prescription opiate known in prison as "subbies" increasingly becoming the drug of choice.

Experts say Queensland has the nation's worst access to drug treatment programs, and figures obtained by the ABC show desperate prisoners are smuggling in buprenorphine, which, like methadone, is used to treat drug dependence.

Sixty-four of the 102 positive drug tests in prisons last year were for the drug, which is also known by the brand names Subutex and Suboxone.

Queensland is the only state not to offer opiate substitution treatment or harm reduction programs in male prisons, even though it is estimated more than 80 per cent of prisoners use drugs prior to incarceration.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-...ng-positive-to-heroin-treatment-drugs/6395820

That is correct. They are tested whilst incarcerated but not necessarily upon entry. They can disclose if they have substance issues, however only women's prisons offer substitute treatments. Male prisoners may be prescribed things to help manage withdrawal side effects, but not the withdrawal itself. Suboxone is popular, particularly by injection. There is also no needle program in there either, last time i worked in that area, So needles are often shared and some prisons are rife with hepatitis.

I think because this is a very serious murder case that RB & AD would definitely of been DNA tested if not drug tested. The investigators would be building a case against them for court to ensure the charges made , and would want to know what caused the two perps. to commit such a heinous crime. From what i have read on Aus. law the state doesn't have to prove motive, but must prove intent for a conviction.

That is correct. They are tested whilst incarcerated but not necessarily upon entry. They can disclose if they have substance issues, however only women's prisons offer substitute treatments. Male prisoners may be prescribed things to help manage withdrawal side effects, but not the withdrawal itself. Suboxone is popular, particularly by injection. There is also no needle program in there either, last time i worked in that area, So needles are often shared and some prisons are rife with hepatitis.

Thank you Marples!! I thought you'd know :seeya:

Yes it is confusing.
If there is no CCTV down at Deep Water Bend (which seems to be the case - based on a poster checking out the site), it would seem strange that ST was down there alive and sighted by someone. Deep water bend is a ghost town on weekdays.
It just doesn't add up.

I'd go down and triple check the video situation tomorrow - but I'll only have my mustang to go in [emoji849] (maybe a bit too noticeable) and yes I'm for reals! My hubby has my car with trailer tomorrow to get dead pallets from work for the garden......

I'd go down and triple check the video situation tomorrow - but I'll only have my mustang to go in [emoji849] (maybe a bit too noticeable) and yes I'm for reals! My hubby has my car with trailer tomorrow to get dead pallets from work for the garden......

oh, you flashy thing, you!

oh, you flashy thing, you!

Thought a (bright red) mustang going to check on a crime involving a mustang might be a bit toooooooo conspicuous lol I'm only on my learners on my bike so I can't take it on my own [emoji965]

Thought a (bright red) mustang going to check on a crime involving a mustang might be a bit toooooooo conspicuous lol I'm only on my learners on my bike so I can't take it on my own [emoji965]

Take care!

I have never seen any photo of him. There are 3 sides to this story,unfortunately one can never tell his side and 2 others will get their days in court. I haven't seen anything in the media,social or otherwise about Boscaino which is why Im always wondering why Ashley is topic of great discussion. If he hadnt been such a huge media presence and an "unkown" figure like the other, would he still be copping all this flak?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

"Copping all this flak "? Really? I'm sorry, I'm laughing out loud. He's alleged to have murdered someone and disposed of their body in a shallow grave. Prior to that, he broke the law by travelling overseas to kill people in a war that has nothing to do with him. He deserves all the "flak" he gets.

Gives me the creeps.
This phot shocked me when I saw it. To see how far down he had spiralled. I had seen others and thought something was amiss.

"Copping all this flak "? Really? I'm sorry, I'm laughing out loud. He's alleged to have murdered someone and disposed of their body in a shallow grave. Prior to that, he broke the law by travelling overseas to kill people in a war that has nothing to do with him. He deserves all the "flak" he gets.
My statement was more abput everything being pointed at him like Boscaino was never involved or never existed at all. You have no idea what he was doing overseas,you only assume because of who he is,photos and half correct "journalism".

My statement was more abput everything being pointed at him like Boscaino was never involved or never existed at all. You have no idea what he was doing overseas,you only assume because of who he is,photos and half correct "journalism".

But it is what he has been accused of having done here that is of paramount importance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle