GUILTY OH - Woman held captive in pit, neighbor arrested, Blanchester, 26 April 2017

My Goodness! The size of that hole must have felt like being put in a coffin when the board was placed across the top. 2 feet wide? Gahhhh, I hate to even think about it. Thank God she was found! If she had not been found and had passed away, he could have just covered it over with dirt and she would have never been located!

One of those links says he was arrested for marijuana use earlier in the month.

ETA: He was charged April 6 with disorderly conduct and possession of marijuana after police say he repeatedly called them to his his home because he heard voices or thought people were trying to in.
http://www.fox19.com/story/35251406/heavy-police-presence-at-blanchester-home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marijuana may be good for some ailments but schizophrenia is not one of them.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.thev...nd-schizophrenia-is-way-more-complicated-than

For a keeps to himself type...he has over 800 friends on facebook. The vast majority women. I wonder if there is an online link to the victim? (Not suggesting sleuthing, I'm only trying to think of how he found a victim.)

Scary! I'm thankful the neighbors called!!!

Above it is mentioned she was his neighbor, and also mentioned that he had stalked her last year.

Above it is mentioned she was his neighbor, and also mentioned that he had stalked her last year.

Thanks! I read the article and I have no idea how I missed that! :blushing: It's in the title even, geez. I've had a long day, lol.

This was obviously premeditated. The hole would have been dug prior to Dunn kidnapping the woman. Wonder if he used a weapon to get her to comply, though... to get her on his property and into the shed.

Kudos to the neighbor who heard something suspicious and called 911.

This was obviously premeditated. The hole would have been dug prior to Dunn kidnapping the woman. Wonder if he used a weapon to get her to comply, though... to get her on his property and into the shed.

Kudos to the neighbor who heard something suspicious and called 911.

I just wonder if she's the first...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What in the f..... ---this is just way too creepy. Reminds me of that movie, Room. Shivers. Hope she is ok.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/na...e_woman_found_crying_in_pit_in_neighbors_shed
A responding officer arrived to find the woman in the shed, crouching in a pit about 2 feet wide by 2 feet long and about 3 1/2 feet deep (0.6 meters wide by 0.6 meters long and 1 meter deep) with wood over the top of it.Police Chief Scott Reinbolt said heavy objects, including lawn equipment, had been placed on the wood, preventing the woman from getting out.
The woman appeared to be having a seizure and was taken to a hospital, where she was treated and released, police said.
Police didn't know how long the woman had been in the pit. They said she hadn't been seen since about 11:30 Tuesday night.

The chief said the woman in October 2016 had reported receiving harassing phone calls and text messages from Dunn, who she and her family had known for some time. The woman declined to participate in any prosecution of Dunn at that time.

A former neighbor, Sue Whitaker, said Dunn was "strange-acting."

"He gave me the willies," she said.

I live in Ohio....what is going on here...we have so many in the news lately..

Oh wow that's a very tight space. She couldn't stretch out in any direction. Thank God she was found so soon and apparently just in time. What the h was he thinking? Maybe he faked the calls to police on the Saturday to establish advanced mental health problems, just in case he needed a defense. God what is wrong with people?

I'm very glad she is alright, at least physically. She must still be in shock though.

thank the lord for neighbors. if something isnt right, call it in you could save a life. glad to hear she was found and is now safe

According to the video linked in the article in the first post here, it was her mother that heard her screaming from the pit.

According to the video linked in the article in the first post here, it was her mother that heard her screaming from the pit.

Good lord! If that had been my daughter I heard screaming, this guy would have been glad to go to jail to get away from me!

This is a mother's nightmare! I know her daughter is an adult, but even so - can you imagine your child is missing, and you hear screaming / crying from a neighbor's house? * SHUDDER!*

Hope his bond goes UP! He does not need to be out in public.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back