VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #3

This is what I was thinking almost 100%. I'm also thinking it is possible he saved her clothes as some sort of sick memento or something and has them hiding somewhere. But without question I believe what you said about the phones. The texts from around 2 pm and on were not from Katelin, and they were used as a diversion tactic. This is in response to Mom24, post 632

I'm curious if the text to Amber was closer to the disappeared version, or more vague like discussed in previous threads. While I agree with everyone about Katelin's likely fate, I can picture SD sending more plain texts - but a message about the potential cheating incident? That seems less likely to me. How would he know?

I think someone mentioned that he could have gotten that information from texts between her and her friends. He could have overheard a conversation.

Finally caught up with all the latest posts.
Katelin came home to meet her nephew, I believe I read. If Katelin was alive and able then I believe she would contact her family.
Imho

Do we know, I am aware we can not sleuth SD, does he live alone? Is there another wife?

Here:

We are allowed to sleuth the SD. There was a post a couple pages back from a WSer that wrote the Sheriff's dept. They confirmed he is a POI. Mods said we can sleuth him and use his initials (JRB I believe) or SD to discuss. So discuss away.....

Anyone have a link to where I can watch the show? Thanks.

I thought I read somewhere that she had been texting with a friend all that morning about the cheating incident and I thought she felt pressured into it, so it would have shown up in her text messages.

When all this first happened I don't think her fiancee knew about the cheating. Amber was all over social media posting current pics and trying to get attention for the case. I'm assuming when she found out about it is when she stopped.

I thought I read somewhere that she had been texting with a friend all that morning about the cheating incident and I thought she felt pressured into it, so it would have shown up in her text messages.

When all this first happened I don't think her fiancee knew about the cheating. Amber was all over social media posting current pics and trying to get attention for the case. I'm assuming when she found out about it is when she stopped.

I think that may be part of the issue, there are conflicting stories. And just because it was on Disappeared I don't think that makes it 100% fact.

I haven't seen the Disappeared episode yet so I'm not sure all that was shown about her case. But I have followed it since the beginning.

I joined one of the fb groups and remember her sister was quite off putting, not wanting people to search or even get involved. Maybe she just thought she had gone away, but it never looked that way from my perspective or others asking questions etc.

I believe the sister informed Amber about the cheating, and that was when Amber stopped posting and took down her pictures with Katelin on fb.

On the show did it say that there was cash in the wallet? There was somewhere around $20 in there. If someone has nothing...and they are running away...you can bet they can use $20 so it would make absolutely no sense to throw it away.

I haven't seen the Disappeared episode yet so I'm not sure all that was shown about her case. But I have followed it since the beginning.

I joined one of the fb groups and remember her sister was quite off putting, not wanting people to search or even get involved. Maybe she just thought she had gone away, but it never looked that way from my perspective or others asking questions etc.

I believe the sister informed Amber about the cheating, and that was when Amber stopped posting and took down her pictures with Katelin on fb.

On the show did it say that there was cash in the wallet? There was somewhere around $20 in there. If someone has nothing...and they are running away...you can bet they can use $20 so it would make absolutely no sense to throw it away.

Interesting. I felt her interview was a bit flat. JMO

I don't recall them saying anything about any cash.

Yes, it was in the wallet and the sister replied to a question in that FB group about any cash in the wallet and she confirmed it. She didn't say specifically how much but somewhere around $10-20.

I wonder why Amber and Amber's mom never became verified posters here? They were both posting here and were invited to become verified posters. Really a shame, it may have helped.

I'm curious if they feel she went away on her own? I would be interested in knowing why they stopped being active on forums.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I also agree with most of what you posited here in your theory, but I just want to point out that there is a reason polygraphs tests continue to be inadmissible in court. Innocent or not, I would never agree to a polygraph for anything.

That said, sketchy as hell INDEED!
I would not take one either. Everyone knows the cops are allowed to lie to the public and or family /victim and or the person being investigated so it serves no purpose except LE 's (in good nature or short sightedness or not) to submit to one because the results are reported to be whatever LE thinks is the best results to report for the case. The media is often ONLY used to present what LE wants to present ,otherwise LE often has "No comment."

I wonder why Amber and Amber's mom never became verified posters here? They were both posting here and were invited to become verified posters. Really a shame, it may have helped.

If I remember correctly there were issues with this thread and it was taken down at one point when Amber's mom was trying to be verified and for some reason was denied. At least that's what she stated on the fb Find Katelin page.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back