HODGE-PODGE - LISK-related

A lot of us believe that Fire Island Jane Doe may not have been the first LISK victim. I'm curious if anyone has looked into these '95 remains more. I cannot find either in NamUs.

Body parts discovered at shoreline: [ONE STAR Edition]
Times Union; Albany, N.Y. [Albany, N.Y]18 Nov 1995: B.2.
The parts, including a man's head and a woman's leg, were discovered by passersby strolling along the shoreline at Gateway National Recreation Area. Police sources said they could have been dumped from the side of a boat or from shore.The first discovery was made Thursday afternoon, when a man walking his dog on the beach stumbled across the lower part of a human left leg. The part belonged to a "relatively young" light-skinned black or Latino woman, said Ellen Borakove, a spokeswoman for the New York City medical examiner.

There's a man's head found near AC earlier the same year:
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/1764

I'm making my first post on the forum, but the search I did didn't turn up any results as to whether this had been discussed here before -- is there any potential significance to the GB4 each having (as far as I've read) a sister who was close in age at the time of the decedent's death? I'm sure that it's been discussed here and either dismissed or considered, but it jumped out at me rewatching TKS. Could a friendly-seeming outcall have played the "I never do this, I just want to chat, smalltalk" act and picked victims intentionally because of having sisters to torment as secondary victims? Again, apologies if this has been discussed to death.

Welcome. It's never been mentioned, as far as I can remember. Very interesting point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The entire case should be taken away from the SCPD and handed over to the NCPD. This is where some of the remains were found. They cant do a worse job than Suffolk Co. Noone should have allowed Suffolk Co. to take complete control of this case.

I don't know where to put this or if it has ever been asked, but has John Valentine (toddler found in Rockaway) ever been compared for familial DNA against any of the victims at Gilgo? The Namus says DNA tested but tests not complete.
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/2688
Another throwaway child that was not reported missing.
I dont believe this child is from across the boarder. The blanket that was found with him is from the 1970's and 80's I believe.
Possibly thrown off a ship? Seriously?

Another throwaway child that was not reported missing.
I dont believe this child is from across the boarder. The blanket that was found with him is from the 1970's and 80's I believe.
Possibly thrown off a ship? Seriously?

I really feel this child should be checked against the other OP victims. You never know, it could be one of the other victim's child. At the very least, it should be ruled out.

I really feel this child should be checked against the other OP victims. You never know, it could be one of the other victim's child. At the very least, it should be ruled out.
This case was investigated by the 100 pct. Queens NY. They said they have a case they believe is related to Manorville. I dont know what case they are referring to. Why all the secretcy?

Whats going on in Suffolk Co? Its to quiet. Are there secret Grand Jury hearings? Will John Ray get to sit down with James Burke?

They weren't equally spaced apart.

Furthest west was Amber and to her right, .16 miles away was Melissa. To the right of Melissa was maureen, .05 miles away. To her right was Megan, who was .07 miles away.

What I have always wondered is how LISK was able to keep track of where each victim was placed. Ocean Parkway isn't very well lit & theory suggests he was dumping them at night to avoid being seen.

I just wonder how he was able to keep the distance consistent. Was he using some kind of GPS device or leaving some kind of breadcrumb?

Although the distance is not 100% exact, I believe rules say you can't hunt within 500 feet of a person's residence. If he did use a GPS device, it would suggest he is a hunter and the spacial distancing could be somewhat symbolic to him? After all, he is a predator and in his sick mind he doesn't want to break the rules of the DEC? Thoughts?

What I have always wondered is how LISK was able to keep track of where each victim was placed. Ocean Parkway isn't very well lit & theory suggests he was dumping them at night to avoid being seen.

I just wonder how he was able to keep the distance consistent. Was he using some kind of GPS device or leaving some kind of breadcrumb?

Although the distance is not 100% exact, I believe rules say you can't hunt within 500 feet of a person's residence. If he did use a GPS device, it would suggest he is a hunter and the spacial distancing could be somewhat symbolic to him? After all, he is a predator and in his sick mind he doesn't want to break the rules of the DEC? Thoughts?

Rules? I dont think serial killers have rules.

I didn't mean 'rules' as in laws to follow, I meant 'guidelines' so to speak, he used as a reference to how he lined up the bodies. I'm interested in how he kept track of how they were lined up. It's not as if they were haphazardly placed in the dark. He must've left some type of breadcrumb to mark the graves or used a GPS device. If that were the case, can satellite be cross referenced and traced back to a cell phone or a Garmin registered to anyone? Just throwing it out there to see if it's even possible to track. Or does LE have (or overlooked) a grave marker of some sort which might be beneficial to linking a person to the case?

I didn't mean 'rules' as in laws to follow, I meant 'guidelines' so to speak, he used as a reference to how he lined up the bodies. I'm interested in how he kept track of how they were lined up. It's not as if they were haphazardly placed in the dark. He must've left some type of breadcrumb to mark the graves or used a GPS device. If that were the case, can satellite be cross referenced and traced back to a cell phone or a Garmin registered to anyone? Just throwing it out there to see if it's even possible to track. Or does LE have (or overlooked) a grave marker of some sort which might be beneficial to linking a person to the case?

These are good questions you're asking. I always assumed though the reason was he was extremely familiar with the area, either from having grown up there or spending a lot of time traveling back and forth on that road during the daytime. Knew it like the back of his hand, so he was aware of where he was in relation to the other bodies even in the dark. Which I guess might mean he drove past the dump site(s) to revisit them during the day before dumping his next victim.

He used his odometer and landmarks. Plus being from LI made it that much easier.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back