Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There weren't any cell phones found.

The abrasions on his hands were thought to have been recovering at the time of his death, but they do certainly look relatively recent.

on the photo that seems to have a cell phone, there is also a camera and what looks like a roll of film. that camera is not in another photo of the same spot. I am thinking one of the investigators placed that phone and camera there during the investigation. I have seen just of few of these photos before. I was also struck how emaciated he appeared. His arms are quite thin. I knew they said he appeared to have lost a lot of weight, but never thought it was as much as it appeared in these photos. Kind of a paradox. Appears to have gone without substantial food for some time, but was clean, had clean clothes, and even bought a toothbrush and toothpaste in the days before his death.

on the photo that seems to have a cell phone, there is also a camera and what looks like a roll of film. that camera is not in another photo of the same spot. I am thinking one of the investigators placed that phone and camera there during the investigation. I have seen just of few of these photos before. I was also struck how emaciated he appeared. His arms are quite thin. I knew they said he appeared to have lost a lot of weight, but never thought it was as much as it appeared in these photos. Kind of a paradox. Appears to have gone without substantial food for some time, but was clean, had clean clothes, and even bought a toothbrush and toothpaste in the days before his death.

Yes, he does look extremely emaciated. Even though there wasn't anything physically wrong, he didn't have any disease/ bodily dysfunction, I am almost certain he had been depressed for at least some time before his death. Yes, the photos surely give a new perspective and make his death even more real for us. I can never go through them without feeling the immense pain that he must have dealt with in his life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got to thinking about the knuckle injuries. I know the obvious would be some type of fight but i don't think so. It kind of reminds me of my hands when i work on my car. You tend to get nicks and cuts on your hands working in small spaces. Just wonder if he had been struggling, living out of his vehicle, and then it broke down. He left it, took what he had left and caught a bus. I think he was running out of options. Just some thoughts about it.

I got to thinking about the knuckle injuries. I know the obvious would be some type of fight but i don't think so. It kind of reminds me of my hands when i work on my car. You tend to get nicks and cuts on your hands working in small spaces. Just wonder if he had been struggling, living out of his vehicle, and then it broke down. He left it, took what he had left and caught a bus. I think he was running out of options. Just some thoughts about it.

Yes, absolutely. The only thing about this theory is that I think Lyle planned to die in Amanda Park. If his car broke down and he happened to catch a bus from point A to point B, the fact of his very meticulously planning death gets disregarded. If he had a car and if he decided to get rid of it, I think because he had complete awareness of his ultimate planned and got rid of all the evidence that would tie his body to his identity.

And for the abrasions on his hands, they could be from anything, really. I remember climbing trees during my childhood in our orchard. I would gets cuts and skin tears all the time.

Yes, absolutely. The only thing about this theory is that I think Lyle planned to die in Amanda Park. If his car broke down and he happened to catch a bus from point A to point B, the fact of his very meticulously planning death gets disregarded. If he had a car and if he decided to get rid of it, I think because he had complete awareness of his ultimate planned and got rid of all the evidence that would tie his body to his identity.

And for the abrasions on his hands, they could be from anything, really. I remember climbing trees during my childhood in our orchard. I would gets cuts and skin tears all the time.

I think he definitely planned his death, but I tend to think of suicide as both a planned and impulsive act. It is my opinion that people who commit suicide think about suicide for days if not years before they act. The actual act is often impulsive, and more sudden. I think at some point, perhaps before he checked in, he decided this would be the time. However, he did not commit suicide the first day. In fact he asked to be moved. There was more contemplation. As far as the wounds on the hands, i doubt he was climbing trees, and the wounds were on the knuckles. He banged, or hit his knuckles up against something in the days leading to his death. They are not major injuries, and not likely caused by a struggle or fight. He was doing something in a confined space with hard or sharp edges. Go change your spark plugs and compare any injury. You might see what I mean.

i do admit my jump to he was fixing a car that caused the injuries is pure speculation, but I do think the injuries are some clue.

I think he definitely planned his death, but I tend to think of suicide as both a planned and impulsive act. It is my opinion that people who commit suicide think about suicide for days if not years before they act. The actual act is often impulsive, and more sudden. I think at some point, perhaps before he checked in, he decided this would be the time. However, he did not commit suicide the first day. In fact he asked to be moved. There was more contemplation. As far as the wounds on the hands, i doubt he was climbing trees, and the wounds were on the knuckles. He banged, or hit his knuckles up against something in the days leading to his death. They are not major injuries, and not likely caused by a struggle or fight. He was doing something in a confined space with hard or sharp edges. Go change your spark plugs and compare any injury. You might see what I mean.

i do admit my jump to he was fixing a car that caused the injuries is pure speculation, but I do think the injuries are some clue.

Yes, very true. Every person contemplating suicide goes through the process differently. Lyle, for example, did not provide his real name when he checked in which makes me believe 1) his changed his identity before checking in as he did not want his identity discovered postmortem, that would make him planning his suicide ahead of time 2) he had assumed fake identities before and whether or not he was going to commit suicide weren't influenced by this fact.

I know I have asked the question as to why he waited a few days before killing himself if he in fact had such determination and careful planning. I know the place that he picked to die wasn't random, and I have wondered if he had initially come to Amanda Park waiting for someone or something. No one has come forward to know him, so I am not sure what to think of it all. It sure does remain a mystery.

You are spot on about the injuries being more local and confined. Given his impeccable cleanliness, these tiny spots on his hands stand out even more.

Yes, very true. Every person contemplating suicide goes through the process differently. Lyle, for example, did not provide his real name when he checked in which makes me believe 1) his changed his identity before checking in as he did not want his identity discovered postmortem, that would make him planning his suicide ahead of time 2) he had assumed fake identities before and whether or not he was going to commit suicide weren't influenced by this fact.

I know I have asked the question as to why he waited a few days before killing himself if he in fact had such determination and careful planning. I know the place that he picked to die wasn't random, and I have wondered if he had initially come to Amanda Park waiting for someone or something. No one has come forward to know him, so I am not sure what to think of it all. It sure does remain a mystery.

You are spot on about the injuries being more local and confined. Given his impeccable cleanliness, these tiny spots on his hands stand out even more.

i wonder if he was waiting on someone to wire him money.

i wonder if he was waiting on someone to wire him money.

Yes, but if he had planned to meet up with someone at Amanda Park, wouldn't that person come forward to identify him? If there were involved in something shady or illegal, that could explain why, but still...

Yes, but if he had planned to meet up with someone at Amanda Park, wouldn't that person come forward to identify him? If there were involved in something shady or illegal, that could explain why, but still...

I don't think he was meeting anyone there, unless someone was suppose to drive there to get him. It seems he ditched his belongings before checking in, which makes me think, he had made his mind up. i think his belongings were ditched nearby though. He most likely hitchhiked or road the bus to that town. I know they checked with the bus drivers and nobody remembered him. Maybe too much time has passed, but you would think if someone gave him a lift they would still remember it. If the news media broadcast his story in the Washington State and Oregon area, the right person might see it. I am thinking his family is either dead, or like Lori Kennedy's family, just not very connected to the internet. If just one person in his past is looking for him online, he comes up in almost any search with the word missing in it. So unfortunately I don't think anyone is looking for him.

1. Wiring money doesn't involve any direct contact. Especially if they didn't send it.

2. If the person met him, then left, that person might not have any idea Lyle isn't alive. Especially if they gave him money they expected him to use to leave town forever.

3. There are a lot of serious and terminal illnesses that couldn't be diagnosed from just an autopsy. Autoimmune diseases and lymphoma come to mind. I wonder if he was waiting for results of some tests to explain his weight loss, and when he got bad news, that pushed him over the edge?

p.s. numbers are just to keep my thoughts organized

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I don't think he was meeting anyone there, unless someone was suppose to drive there to get him. It seems he ditched his belongings before checking in, which makes me think, he had made his mind up. i think his belongings were ditched nearby though. He most likely hitchhiked or road the bus to that town. I know they checked with the bus drivers and nobody remembered him. Maybe too much time has passed, but you would think if someone gave him a lift they would still remember it. If the news media broadcast his story in the Washington State and Oregon area, the right person might see it. I am thinking his family is either dead, or like Lori Kennedy's family, just not very connected to the internet. If just one person in his past is looking for him online, he comes up in almost any search with the word missing in it. So unfortunately I don't think anyone is looking for him.

He could have still taken the bus, just because nobody appears to remember him does not exclude this possibility. He does strike me as someone who had a quiet, unassuming presence that wouldn’t necessarily leave an impression for an average person to have a lasting memory of him.

I also have thought that he dumped his belongings nearby, but I have also thought that he must have had a vehicle. If he had his vehicle within 20 miles from where he was found, it could easily fall under radar and never be tied to him in any way. Not knowing makes this much more difficult.

I don’t think he hitchhiked randomly or traveled on foot to see where the path may lead. Like I have stated many times, he wanted to die in this place. This does make me believe he either had been at Amanda Park before or this place meant something to him.

Nobody coming forward is really isn’t that surprising. I know plenty of people (including myself) that do not have extended family or have any connections to their family that exists, or do not want to have relationships with them. It’s not that strange. Not all people have healthy relationships that are present in their lives to love or reach out to them. That’s a blessing that a lot of people take for granted, and we can’t expect everyone to have that by default.

If he ever took a ride with someone, I would assume that person would come forward to recognize him, even if they did, that wouldn’t necessarily help u with identifying him. If someone gave Lyle a ride, it’s completely possible that they either don’t know of this case or don’t remember. Time passes, memories fade…

1. Wiring money doesn't involve any direct contact. Especially if they didn't send it.

2. If the person met him, then left, that person might not have any idea Lyle isn't alive. Especially if they gave him money they expected him to use to leave town forever.

3. There are a lot of serious and terminal illnesses that couldn't be diagnosed from just an autopsy. Autoimmune diseases and lymphoma come to mind. I wonder if he was waiting for results of some tests to explain his weight loss, and when he got bad news, that pushed him over the edge?

p.s. numbers are just to keep my thoughts organized

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Yes, that’s entirely possible. We don’t really have much information to base many of the specifics on, so all of this is just speculation, unfortunately. We try to connect the dots with the hope that it all can make sense…

Hopefully this link is fine to post if it has not already been posted, it was was an interesting and informative piece, imo. Some graphic photos, but nothing overly so.
Wondering if the number 8 was of religious/spiritual significance to Lyle? Although he moved from room 8 to 5, noting the "eight crisp $20 bills ", imo. speculation.
Aunt Barb gave Lyle the key to room eight in the motel’s annex, and he paid in cash.
attachment.php

https://melmagazine.com/the-strange-case-of-the-man-with-no-name-13691028e07e
Kirk PepiFeb 25, 2016
“I’ve worked on many suicides,” wrote former police detective Lane Youmans on Websleuths, a popular forum for unsolved mysteries. “But I’ve never had one who made sure his bill was paid.”

Youmans, now coroner for Gray’s Harbor County, which includes Amanda Park — was familiar with mysterious murders and shocking suicides. But this assignment was different; this case was utterly bizarre.

Attachments

• 1 1-C7ORn3hd3LZ9Kbo-HsUg.jpg
    1 1-C7ORn3hd3LZ9Kbo-HsUg.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 251
The emaciated condition shown in the photos, have added another curiosity for me. The drive to eat is primal. I would think if you had more than 100 dollars you would prefer to eat rather than have a roof over your head. He had to be not eating for some time. To loose 40 lbs i would think near starvation for maybe 2 months. If he was eating some, perhaps longer. Does anyone have a link to the autopsy report? Was there stomach contents. We see a styrofoam cup in the waste basket but no real evidence of food. He seem to be wasting away, but he had money. Was this a refusal to eat, or was it illness? I am also curious why a man who went to such great lengths to hide his identity would choose to die in a motel room where he knew he would be found, when he could have died up in the nearby wilderness and never be found. Maybe he just gave up and didn't care anymore, but could it be some desire to be found and given a proper burial? Could there be a religious reason?

The emaciated condition shown in the photos, have added another curiosity for me. The drive to eat is primal. I would think if you had more than 100 dollars you would prefer to eat rather than have a roof over your head. He had to be not eating for some time. To loose 40 lbs i would think near starvation for maybe 2 months. If he was eating some, perhaps longer. Does anyone have a link to the autopsy report? Was there stomach contents. We see a styrofoam cup in the waste basket but no real evidence of food. He seem to be wasting away, but he had money. Was this a refusal to eat, or was it illness? I am also curious why a man who went to such great lengths to hide his identity would choose to die in a motel room where he knew he would be found, when he could have died up in the nearby wilderness and never be found. Maybe he just gave up and didn't care anymore, but could it be some desire to be found and given a proper burial? Could there be a religious reason?

Individuals with depression or other mental health issues may have very poop appetite. The weight loss in such scenarios is typically progressive and consistent. Interestingly, in many if such cases, there isn't refusal to eat but lack of desire and appeal towards food. Thus, I tend to believe that his weight loss was more progressive rather than as a result of short-term starvation.

No, his stomach was empty when they did the autopsy.

Religious reasons of proper burial should be considered, but not knowing his identity or his wishes, was that actually accomplished when he was found and not able t be identified?

If you go back in this thread, there is an extensive discussion about his cleanliness, and his possible desire not to be discarded like trash in the wilderness after his death. He is clean, he is meticulous, detailed and neat.

Hopefully this link is fine to post if it has not already been posted, it was was an interesting and informative piece, imo. Some graphic photos, but nothing overly so.
Wondering if the number 8 was of religious/spiritual significance to Lyle? Although he moved from room 8 to 5, noting the "eight crisp $20 bills ", imo. speculation.

attachment.php

https://melmagazine.com/the-strange-case-of-the-man-with-no-name-13691028e07e
Kirk PepiFeb 25, 2016

Thanks for reposting the article Dot. I'm not sure if I commented on it or not when it came out last year. I wanted to comment with the isotope results that I typed out.

I just stumbled upon this case, and its so very mysterious...I am wondering if anyone has looked at NamUs MP # 15019 Hans Okelsrud ? I found a reddit forum where someone else has previously thought their was a connection

https://www.reddit.com/r/lylestevik/comments/5obwiq/possible_mixup_with_info_submitted_by_mp/

I also feel like I have seen this guy's photo somewhere on the internet, it looks so familiar, I just can't place where.

off topic, i was reading that Mel article -> https://melmagazine.com/the-strange-case-of-the-man-with-no-name-13691028e07e and the case of his ethnicity seems to be still unknown.

I am wondering if anyone looked at him possibly being Bosnian (due to his unique ear lobes) or basque(due to his unique appearance)?

If he really was from Idaho originally, it is home to one of the largest populations of Basques outside of Spain and I have read a few articles which state their genes appear to be very distinctive, and hard to determine. --> http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2011/12/the-basques-are-genetically-distinctive/#.WVKuCWgrJPY

If he was traveling, he could have picked up the "Canadian" accent, people who tend to live in the border regions tend to exhibit some "accent" tendencies.

So far knowing he had an appendectomy, means that some point in time he had a doctor, which means medical records exist and someone cared enough to pay for it or he had insurance. I find it so hard to believe that its been so long and this mystery has yet to be solved.

I just stumbled upon this case, and its so very mysterious...I am wondering if anyone has looked at NamUs MP # 15019 Hans Okelsrud ? I found a reddit forum where someone else has previously thought their was a connection

https://www.reddit.com/r/lylestevik/comments/5obwiq/possible_mixup_with_info_submitted_by_mp/

I also feel like I have seen this guy's photo somewhere on the internet, it looks so familiar, I just can't place where.

off topic, i was reading that Mel article -> https://melmagazine.com/the-strange-case-of-the-man-with-no-name-13691028e07e and the case of his ethnicity seems to be still unknown.

I am wondering if anyone looked at him possibly being Bosnian (due to his unique ear lobes) or basque(due to his unique appearance)?

If he really was from Idaho originally, it is home to one of the largest populations of Basques outside of Spain and I have read a few articles which state their genes appear to be very distinctive, and hard to determine. --> http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2011/12/the-basques-are-genetically-distinctive/#.WVKuCWgrJPY

If he was traveling, he could have picked up the "Canadian" accent, people who tend to live in the border regions tend to exhibit some "accent" tendencies.

So far knowing he had an appendectomy, means that some point in time he had a doctor, which means medical records exist and someone cared enough to pay for it or he had insurance. I find it so hard to believe that its been so long and this mystery has yet to be solved.

I looked up Hans Okelsrud. In my opinion, he looks nothing like Lyle from just the few photos that I saw of him. On top of that, I can say pretty confidently that I don't think Lyle he is in any missing persons database.

Lyle does appear to have very pronounced features, so I would not be surprised if you just see a resemblance between him and someone you have seen before. This is not an uncommon phenomenon at all. Fo example, I am from a specific ethnic background and he does have a certain resemblance to men from my ethnic background but that doesn't necessarily mean that he is. I am more inclined to believe that he is Native American, but of course, I may be mistaken as he does come across as somewhat ethnically ambiguous. I wouldn't consider his appearance necessarily "unique". Like I mentioned, his features look very pronounced and you would think someone would remember him.

Attached earlobes aren't indicators of any ethnicity or any particular phenomenon.

His "Canadian" accent may have been mistaken for something else. Eye witness accounts often tend to be unreliable.

Wherever he was from, no one has come forward to identify him or seem to know him.

Bumping for newer people that haven't seen his isotope results or what I typed out.

Thanks Alley!
I feel his heritage is a European mix. Have you read the Reddit thread about his heritage where they break everything down?

Lyle Stevik Isotope results on google drive

Summary
Measured oxygen stable isotope ratios of sequential hair segments from the decedent exhibited variation throughout the 12 months preceding the death of the individual, suggesting he had likely moved or traveled multiple times within that period. The measured stable oxygen isotope ratios were used to predict two regions within the continental USA where the individual might have resided in the months preceding his death. At the time of death, the oxygen isotope ratio data for the decedent's hair were not consistent with values expected for a resident of Amanda Park, Washington. The isotopic evidence supports the position that the individual was a traveler through Amanda Park at the time of death, coming from a region characterized by a warmer climate. However, the isotope record observed in the hair 1-2 months before death WAS consistent with a resident of Amanda Park, Washington.

When placed into geographic information system (GIS) region-of-region models, interpretation of the measured oxygen isotope ratios predicted geographical regions across the continental USA consistent with places where the individual could have resided before death. Measured stable oxygen isotope ratio values of hair sample EV-389 predicted that:

(1) The individual lead a transient lifestyle in the 12 months before death and was traveling within a month prior to his death; and

(2) Approximately 1-2 months prior to death, the individual resided in a region ("Iso-Region 1") consistent with portions of the Pacific Coast states, INCLUDING Gray's Harbor County in Washington, plus some Western States (extreme Southern Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, and extreme Western Oklahoma), some Mid West States, and some North East States, as well as portions of Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia and

(3) Approximately 2.5 to 4.5 months prior to death and also 11 to 12 months prior to death, the individual resided in a region ("Iso-Region 2") characterized by a warmer climate then "Iso-Region 1", which is consistent with California, Southern Arizona and New Mexico, Western Texas and Oklahoma, plus portions of several Mid West states and North East states as well as Southern states (Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, and extreme Northern Georgia.

________ TOOTH ISOTOPES _________

oxygen isotope analysis of enamel collected from the molar provided information on the decedent's residence during his childhood. The measure oxygen stable isotope ratios of tooth sample EV-387 WERE NOT CONSISTENT with values expected for a resident of Amanda Park, Washington. The enamel oxygen isotopes predict that the decedent may have spent his childhood:

(1) In isolated portions of some West states, including California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas or Oklahoma; or

(2) In several Midwest States, including regions along the shores of the Great Lakes *notation, Canada included; and

(3) In portions of some South and North East states (Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina border, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and coastal portions of New Hampshire and Maine).

________ CONCLUSION HAIR ISOTOPES _________

In an initial evaluation of the data, the measured values of the hair suggests that:

(1) The decedent lead a transient lifestyle in the 12 months before death, likely making at least FIVE TRAVEL MOVEMENTS

(2) He had moved or traveled just prior to death from "Iso-Region 1" to a region characterized by a warmer climate, as indicated by an increase in the measured oxygen isotope ratios of his hair beginning 1 month before death. Higher values for hair are typically associated with warmer regions that are more coastal or at lower latitudes or elevations (see appendix 3 for spatial map)

(3) The individual was residing in "Iso-Region 1" during the time interval approximately 1 to 2 months before death and he moved to that region from a location characterized by a warmer climate. This conclusion is based upon the decrease in the measured oxygen isotope ratios of the hair, as observed in the time period 2.5 to 2 months before death.

(4) At approximately 2.5 to 4.5 months prior to death, it appears the individual was residing in a region characterized by a warmer climate that "Iso-Region 1". He also resided in this "Iso-Region 2" approximately 11 to 12 months before death and possibly again 6 months before death, although the residence at 6 months would have been a brief duration.

(5) Between the periods of residency in "Iso-Region 2" approximately 11 months before death and again possibly 6 months before death, the individual MOVED or TRAVELED AT LEAST THREE TIMES. Evidence for this conclusion is found in the decrease in the measured oxygen isotope ratios of the hair between 11 and 10 months, followed by an increase in the measured oxygen isotope ratios of the hair between 10 and 8 months and then another decrease between 8 and 7 months. The increase included the highest values measured for the hair, indicative of a region/ climate that was warmer than either "Iso-Region 1" or "Iso-Region 2".

(6) One interpretation of these data is that the individual resided in "Iso-Region 2" for two time intervals in the 12 months before his death, but made moves from this region to regions with a cooler climate and then a warmer climate in the time period 11 to 6 months before death. Approximately 2 months before death, he left "Iso-Region 2" for a region with a cooler climate. - "Iso-Region 1". THIS REGION IS CONSISTENT WITH AMANDA PARK, WASHINGTON. However, he had moved again in the month before death to a region with a warmer climate than "Iso-Region 1". That region MAY have been "Iso-Region 2", but this cannot be definitively determined based on the isotope record available in his hair.

Irrespective of how correct the geographic interpretations of the isotope data are deemed to be, it is evident from the measured hair oxygen isotope ratios that this decedent was a traveler. During the 12 month period prior to his death, the individual had likely resided in at least two isotopically distinct geographic regions and made at least three additional travel movements of short duration, two between approximately 8 and 11 months before death and one within the month before death. In the next section, we evaluate where these regions might have been.

________ Iso-Region 1 _________

The possibilities for "Iso-Region 1" include areas within a geographic band - not a specific location. In theory the hair isotope data for "Iso-Region 1" are consistent with any of the shaded regions identified in figure 4 and include several states in the USA: Washington (including Grays Harbor County), Oregon, California, extreme Southern Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, extreme Western Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan's Upper Peninsula, West Virginia, extreme Western Virginia and Maryland, Eastern Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, and isolated portion of Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine

________ Iso-Region 2 _________

At approximately 2.5 to 4.5 months prior to death, and also 11 to 12 months prior to death it appears the decedent resided in a region with a warmer climate ("Iso-Region 2"). The individual may have also RESIDED BRIEFLY in this region approximately 6 months before death. The predicted regions for these periods of residence include lower latitude portions of several of the same states predicted for "Iso-Region 1", as well as additional states in the South, Northeast, and Midwest USA: Texas Illinois, Indiana, extreme northern Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Delaware, and Rhode Island.

We note that Washington, Oregon, and Nevada WERE NOT INCLUDED in the predictions for "Iso-Region 2".

Just before death, the decedent appears to have again moved or traveled to or through a region with a climate that was warmer than "Iso-Region 1". As the oxygen isotope values of his hair did not reach a consistent value before he died, we cannot determine what states this region may have included.

There are multiple reasons why individuals move and travel to different locations in short time intervals such as the 12 months period represented by the decedents hair. We offer no explanations here. We note only that figure 1 and 2 are consistent with the individual having resided in a cooler climate region approximately 1-2 months before death, following a move from a cooler climate region; the decedent that again moved or traveled to a warmer climate region just before death. Figured 1 and 2 are also consistent with the individual having made at least three separate major movements or travels between 11 and 6 months before his death and possibly several minor movements as well. We cannot speculate further on the location of these regions based only on oxygen isotope ratios measured for hair. Perhaps other aspects of the investigation may shed additional insights.

________ Interpretations _________

Similarities between the isotope data recorded by the decedents tooth enamel and hair suggests that the individual may have possibly returned to the region where he lived during his childhood within the 12-month period prior to death (evidenced by similarities between Iso-Region 2 predicted for the hair and predictions for the molar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felicia1970