Found Deceased IL - Robert Bee, 13, Pekin, 17 Nov 2016

[h=1]Human remains likely missing boy’s, ‘foul play’ suspected[/h]
PEKIN — Investigators believe the skeletal remains discovered in woods south of Pekin on Monday are those of missing 13-year-old Robert Bee Jr.

“You have to assume there was foul play” in his death, Tazewell County Sheriff’s Chief Deputy Jeff Lower said Tuesday.

He and other officials spoke at a news conference following an autopsy that Lower said produced “a presumptive finding, but not (yet) a specific finding” that the remains are those of Bee, who has been missing for more than eight months.
An official identification will require DNA testing, which could take several weeks, Lower said.
http://www.pjstar.com/news/20170725/human-remains-likely-missing-boys-foul-play-suspected/1

(Sorry if above was already posted. I'm still having trouble forming thoughts on this devastating news.)

Have there been any recorded statements from his mother? Audio or film? I'd like to see/listen for statement analyses.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Damn so sorry little bonsai. May you Rest In Peace and find swift justice. I hate reading about these little ones who were so failed by those who should protect them most. :(

Still so sad this am. When I read that the Pekin PC said in post #795 that finding these remains "has amped up our investigation efforts", my first thought was "I should &^%$%^& hope so"! I don't like to criticize LE because I can imagine how tough their jobs are but I've always felt that they considered Robert a runaway and put little effort in finding him. When asked about criticism from the public about their handling of this case, it was stated that they had been working behind the scenes all along (or something like that). If they were then why wasn't this area searched sooner? If mom's "friend" was connected to this property and they were suspicious of mom and her "friend" why didn't they search around this property thoroughly before; I assume the woods were public property and they wouldn't have needed a search warrent? Sorry, rant over. I just feel so bad for this pitiful young boy and his crappy life that I have to put my anger somewhere. Why didn't the truancy look for Robert at least for a little while? Seriousy, rant over.

Saw the update today on crimeonline.com. Sad outcome. May this little man be at peace now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My heart hurts for poor Bonzai. Rest easy little boy. Unfortunately mom already has a perfect defense lined up....rehab and a stay in a psych ward. I pray we can still see some sort of Justice for this sweet little guy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm trying to keep my anger in check. I do hope Robert is at peace and in no more pain. It is disturbing to me that he was found just 2 miles from his home. There are so many unanswered questions. Why did LE not ramp up efforts to search the property when searchers were basically directed away?

From Gardeners' link:

Bee’s home at 233 Sapp St. is about two miles south on Route 29 from the discovery site, where a stretch of lawn separates a tall chain-link fence with a gate from woods that stretch about a quarter-mile east from the properties.

God bless the family members that did search and everyone (Truckerz4kids, etc.) who searched for Robert and sincerely cared about his wellbeing and safety.

Lower, Dossey and Sheriff Robert Huston called the news conference to answer as many questions as they could from a community that has expressed concern and care for a missing boy at a level that Dossey said he’s never seen in his police career.

The people in Robert's community and outlying area who cared about Robert are truly amazing for not giving up! Apparently this gentleman is not aware of the online community Websleuths and all the Websleuth members who definitely care about the missing and do help raise awareness of those that disappear. In a sense, it does feel like people are held accountable for their actions (or non-action) by being able to discuss the missing and murdered. There is a positive force here that cannot be easily explained. For this, I am so thankful for Tricia and Websleuths for giving a voice to those who have none because it has been taken by evil.

Have there been any recorded statements from his mother? Audio or film? I'd like to see/listen for statement analyses.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

I looked for a response from mom yesterday and couldn't find anything. No Facebook, media, etc.

I looked for a response from mom yesterday and couldn't find anything. No Facebook, media, etc.
I wanted to respond without snark or rule breaking...I got nuthin.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

She has made a couple posts that I have seen. Can we link to the find Robert bee Facebook pages if they are public?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.1470wmbd.com/family-member-reacts-developments-bee-case/
She [stephanie bee] says it’s the unknowing that’s the hardest on her and her family. “Would there be closure yes and no. At least we know that he’s not out in a horrible world, and going to have to live the horrible life that he had been living when he was with his mother at home” she said.
Stephanie recalls the family bonding moments, “he wanted to be a fisherman,” she said, “because my dad did semi-pro, and he always went to my dad’s tournaments. ”

As to where Robert’s mother Lisa Bee is now, we never saw her. Stephanie believes she may be out of town.

My eyes are about rolling out my head at this whole article. I'll post before I say how I really feel and earn a time out

She [stephanie bee] says it’s the unknowing that’s the hardest on her and her family. “Would there be closure yes and no. At least we know that he’s not out in a horrible world, and going to have to live the horrible life that he had been living when he was with his mother at home” she said.
Stephanie recalls the family bonding moments, “he wanted to be a fisherman,” she said, “because my dad did semi-pro, and he always went to my dad’s tournaments. ”

As to where Robert’s mother Lisa Bee is now, we never saw her. Stephanie believes she may be out of town.

My eyes are about rolling out my head at this whole article. I'll post before I say how I really feel and earn a time out

Hopefully LE is trying to find her. I'm sure there are more questions they can ask..

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Yeah, we all knew how this would end up. I'm sorry, Robert, that so many in your life failed you.

Sigh.

Like others, I can't say what I want to say and I'll leave it at that.

[h=1]‘Justice will be served’: Vigil held for Robert Bee[/h]
PEKIN — A candlelight vigil was held Tuesday night for missing Pekin boy Robert Bee. Earlier that morning, authorities said skeletal remains found Monday south of Pekin are presumed to be his.
“It’s sad, but I’m kind of thankful it’s over,” said Bobette Spillman, a member of Team Bonzai. “A lot of emotions have run wild between yesterday and today.”

Scattered skeletal remains were found in a yard off Illinois Route 29 on Monday evening. After an autopsy Tuesday morning, authorities stated no other reported missing person in the area needed to be considered as the possible victim.

Team Bonzai member Brooke Bailey said even though she believes their search is over, the group will never stop fighting for Bee.
“Justice will be served,” Bailey said at the vigil. “We will be at every court date. We will be everywhere, one way or another.”
http://www.pjstar.com/news/20170725/justice-will-be-served-vigil-held-for-robert-bee

I'm so touched by the love of his community.

:tears:RIP Robert Bee :rose:

Justice will be served.

SABBM

Some strong words, there !

My initial thought was a case of simple neglect.
Bonsai ran off and no one was very concerned as he'd run away before and always came back ?

Wonder how bad his little life really was ?
:moo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back