IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very important to note that the song that is playing in the background of the hotel video is called "Check It Out" by Chief Keef... But I do hear a small whimper sound, just right before the music is started playing.

This case is very puzzling. I have a lot of trouble believing this girl ended up in the freezer on her own. I feel terrible for her mom and the rest of her family. Fortunately, the world is now watching, so I'm sure LE will do everything possible to get to the bottom of this.

Here is an article from mainstream media (Chicago Trib) which summarizes the rumors and hype we are seeing on Social Media:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...reezer-death-interest-met-20170912-story.html

Wow that pretty much sums it up, I was getting ready to post about all the people from Guam, even hurricane ravaged areas, finding time to post fake screen grabs.

It is a travesty what a mess Kenneka's death has turned into online. Even said article with the video analysis, said all that could be concluded was something bad happened

The good thing for LE is it is really easy to decipher, who actually has legit posts and first hand knowledge and who are just trying to capture attention from this.

As for the hotel, little is known, at least to me, like who actually rented the room?, their age? I am guessing they had someone older rent the room, that's what we use to do. As for the freezer, I believe it had to be on as it takes several hours....I imagine for a walkin to get to operating temperature.

who actually rented the room?, their age? I am guessing they had someone older rent the room, that's what we use to do. As for the freezer, I believe it had to be on as it takes several hours....I imagine for a walkin to get to operating temperature.

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that one of the girls who was at the party works at the hotel, doing something in security, I believe.

It was also mentioned that the freezer was on but had no food in it.

It is very important to note that the song that is playing in the background of the hotel video is called "Check It Out" by Chief Keef... But I do hear a small whimper sound, just right before the music is started playing.

Can you explain the importance of the song? I am at work so I can't listen to it. Thanks :)

I hope every camera that could have been moved to a different angle has been fingerprinted.
Remember Jason Young?
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article156284649.html

He did something to hotel security cameras to avoid being seen leaving and returning the hotel when he killed his wife.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I don't think we're dealing with this level of sophistication, here. But I guess it's possible.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Here is an article from mainstream media (Chicago Trib) which summarizes the rumors and hype we are seeing on Social Media:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...reezer-death-interest-met-20170912-story.html

Some quotes form the article:
More than 4 million people across the world have watched a Facebook video purportedly shot in a Rosemont hotel room where Jenkins was partying Friday night. Though the audio is often garbled and the visuals unclear, many are convinced the video shows something nefarious.

In response, a Missouri activist has posted videos condemning what he considers to be a slipshod response from authorities. A Virginia college student has launched a petition urging criminal charges against Jenkins' friends. And an audio engineer from the Southwest has posted an analysis of a Facebook video that he says suggests Jenkins met with foul play.

The online buzz has mounted as authorities have kept quiet about the case, releasing few officially confirmed facts. Within that information vacuum, many are convinced that Jenkins, 19, was the victim of a crime at Rosemont's Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare hotel, and that hotel staff and local police did not respond appropriately to her mother's pleas for help.

Rosemont spokesman Gary Mack said late Tuesday that police are not treating it as a homicide. "It is still a death investigation because of no evidence that points to it being a homicide — any credible evidence," he said.

A spokeswoman for the medical examiner's office sent two emails to journalists Tuesday reiterating that the cause and manner of death have not been determined and that it will likely take several weeks before those things are known.

When asked why the reminders were sent, the spokeswoman replied: "There has been inaccurate information circulating."

Can one of you murder/conspiracy theorists explain her stumbling around the lobby around 3:20 a.m.

Can you explain the importance of the song? I am at work so I can't listen to it. Thanks :)

There is debate about whether she can be heard saying "help me" and then immediately the song begins playing (they say she begins to whine, then they blast the music so she can't be heard). There has also been discussion about whether that may just be part of the beginning of the song.

Personally, I don't hear "help me" but it does sound like someone says something in a whiny voice.

I'm debating how to word this.. Did you grow up in the suburbs? Sometimes people are pretty open about what they do and how they live around their parents. When your whole neighborhood does certain things and you have seen it throughout your life you don't hide as much because it is the normal

No- I grew up in DC area. I know how it works. And still- you didn't get your folks involved unless you had to.

I might be in the minority here, but I think she really did just stumble into the freezer thinking it was an elevator or the door to the room. Being young and having too much to drink causes things like this to happen. Hell, I've been there - just not to this extent.

Hotel worker here:

It's virtually impossible for a guest to stumble into an employees only area. You'll need a key or a special code to open the door to that area. Freezer being in the basement, she would have just gotten out of the elevator in order to arrive there and many hotels require a special key to even access that floor. Being as this is a 3-4 star hotel in a big city that is riddled with crime I imagine that the hotel has many measures in place to keep random people from going into employees only areas where money, supplies and employees personal belongings are kept.

As someone who's worked for three different hotel brands and in three very different buildings and has been to hotels all over the world, the only thing we take as serious as our guests safety is protecting the brand, the money and the inventory and our employees.

40 minutes is plenty of time to go to all the accessible areas of the hotel and in fact walk around outside parking/lot street.

I walk a 20 minute mile with my dog stopping and sniffing things so I can go 3 miles in 40 minutes and thats not fast. Walking around in a panic looking for someone you'd walk faster.

BUT what is suspect:

Why not go to front desk and alert staff she is possible drunk and missing? Before/during/after search?
Stay on hotel property, back to the room/car wait for places she may show back up to & call mom?
Why leave in the car and then call mom (I thought they called mom first my bad)?

So while I say 40 minutes is plenty of time for me to look around all accessible areas of a hotel, what they did after that 40 minutes I am not saying is ok or normal period.

Absolutely. If a REGISTERED GUEST of my hotel let me know that a member of their party had disappeared I would put up the be right back sign and help them look.

Understand that the people at Crowne Plaza were just following protocol on the videos with requiring police to see the tapes, because of GUEST privacy. We aren't allowed to give out GUEST information. Since in this case it seems as if Irene was the registered guest, if she had gone up to her coworkers and said "yo my friend is missing," they would have helped her look.

I don't think this was premeditated as some online have said. I mean why would they live stream it if they were going to do something to her. I do believe something happened to her tho and the ppl at the party know what.

Still waiting for how the 3:20 am sighting fits into the murder/conspiracy theory. tia

There is debate about whether she can be heard saying "help me" and then immediately the song begins playing (they say she begins to whine, then they blast the music so she can't be heard). There has also been discussion about whether that may just be part of the beginning of the song.

Personally, I don't hear "help me" but it does sound like someone says something in a whiny voice.

Yes I know about that discussion... I am more wondering what's the significance of the specific song that catastrophe_ posted about. My impression from his/her post was that the song itself is important to note, not that there is a song in general.

How far is the construction area from the lobby?

This case brought me back to WS. Smh it's always a young girl going missing that makes me really take notice. I have a daughter and I was once a young girl. I definitely think the friends know what happened. I don't think they "set her up" to be murdered for money (as some are saying on SM) but I do believe that she either OD'd on something or she was raped and it got out of hand when she tried to fight back. It's unfortunate and I hope LE finds out who did this. It's horrible and gives me a bad feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo