Zach Adams guilty in kidnapping murder of Holly Bobo Sept 23, 2017

I wonder if he also had to tell where the rest of her body is..... I think I would have wanted "that" part in there. Maybe we won't know.

I told you I followed a LOT of cases here! :giggle: and that's just next week! LOL!

Yes, on Sierra's case..... :gaah: Not really sure about "what" will happen on Sept. 28th, as two different articles had something different. Motion to disqualify and sentencing :dunno: what is going to happen. Maybe Emi can chime in! :)
For Sierra lets move to the thread for her case

I am so pleased to see this case come to this conclusion. I hope the Bobos find some peace and healing. And may Holly rest in peace.

And I need to put my phone down and let it rest for a while, lol. We have terrible internet service in my area - no choices really - and I gave up early on and just started watching the live stream on my phone - I am not even going to look to see how much data I have used during this trial - I have no doubt it is more than I have used in the entirety of my owing a smart phone. Thankful for unlimited data, haha

I'm glad the hobo family seem happy and I understand their feelings concerning thinking of the future. It would have been constant hearings and appeals and seeing Zach Adams face on the news all the time. I'm looking forwards to November now. Thankyou to everyone who has contributed to this thread be it links, updates or their thoughts and opinions.

I'm still researching and googling to find out what was going on with the juror notes and comments made. I missed it. Bueller?

[video=twitter;911637318565588993]https://twitter.com/crabblers/status/911637318565588993[/video]

I'm still researching and googling to find out what was going on with the juror notes and comments made. I missed it. Bueller?

From my understanding - normally after trial the judge has the juror notes shredded - but this judge said they could keep their notes. Leaves it open for defense attorneys to be able to get these notes and look for something to overturn the conviction - like outside influence - not following judges instructions, etc

The judge needs to retire, IMO. I'm still shocked he said this was the longest trial he's done in 25yrs! Then, to point to specific jurors and state he knows them, their family, etc.... beyond abnormal. I don't know the law enough to say it's grounds for appeal or anything like that. But that was bizarre!

May the Bobo family rest easier, and enjoy their life. They must find some joy and heal.

I'm not surprised this is longest trial he's ever done. Decatur County only has a population of around 12,000 and Hardin county has around 26,000. These are very small places and not typically the scene of such a sensational crime or trial.

I heard him tell one juror that he had known his or her father for a long time. Did he say anything more than that? Not being a lawyer or Judge, I'm couldn't say if that's grounds for appeal or not. Judge McGinley has been practicing law since 1976 and as either an ADA or Judge since 1982. Living in a community of that size, I'm not at all surprised he knew some of the jurors.

I admit I was floored that he let the jurors take their notes. I hope he thought better of that before they left the building. Sure don't want anything to provide the basis for reversible error!

[video=twitter;911643759863099393]https://twitter.com/LeahBethFOX13/status/911643759863099393[/video]

So he got LWOP instead of the death penalty and he still has the right to appeal. Sounds like one heck of a good deal for him. Could it get any better than that (for him)?

It's a good deal for the Bobo family too though.

If he had been sent to Death Row, he would have many appeals, paid for by the State, and it is ongoing and nerve wracking. And there is some fame and notoriety for those sentenced to death, that is so frustrating for the victims family to see.

I think this is better for the family to just let him rot, as they go on to the upcoming trials.

For Holly Bobo
"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."
Matthew 5:8

If he had to speak on his own behalf today, he wouldn't have admitted anything b/c the appeal is upcoming. I commend the Bobo family for taking LWOP rather than going through the DP phase of sentencing. They would have had to go deeper and bare their souls for the jury which would have given Zach the opportunity to be indifferent to their pain. Zach's family would have been able to discuss the difficulties in his life as a way to get him life---begging for his life in same way that Holly had to beg for her and once again Zach would be spared taking responsibility. This way, she got to call him what she wanted and set the terms of her last words to him. Yes, he is alive but he will never be free. In Karen's mind, Holly is at least in heaven resting with the angels. Totally human and real.

He's a remorseless piece of you-know-what. He owes his life to the graciousness of the Bobo family. He's too evil to appreciate the gift they just allowed him to have. At least we know he'll never have an opportunity to hurt another woman again. His conviction won't ever be overturned, he's done.

He's a remorseless piece of you-know-what. He owes his life to the graciousness of the Bobo family. He's too evil to appreciate the gift they just allowed him to have. At least we know he'll never have an opportunity to hurt another woman again. His conviction won't ever be overturned, he's done.

The greatest gift for Zach to give to the Hobo family is nailing a conviction for the other animals. Let all the animals responsible rot in prison.

The prosecutor could have taken the death penalty off the table any time prior to the verdict. Yet, they did not. So, why now? Guess I'm curious to know what the "agreement" contains.

Thanks to everyone for posting all the trial tweets and other information.

It really helped those of us who could not follow as much as we would have liked.

Happy that its over for one of the main culprits.

JMO
I did not get as many questions answered as I would have hoped and I have resigned myself that we most likely will never know the real truth about some things.

As much as I would like to know some other things I suppose I am ok with this verdict and sentence for this reason. The analogy I use for this case is like when a robbery and murder occurs at a convenience store where there are multiple people involved. For example
There is a get away driver who stays in the car and is just there to drive the others away. There are others who go into the store and one pillages through the store stealing stuff off the shelves while another confronts the clerk at the front and decides to shoot him/her dead. The others in the store did not necessarily know that was going to happen and they all run out and get in the car to escape.

I think the law in most states is pretty clear that all could be found guilty of murder in that situation even though only one did the shooting. Its because a murder happened during the commision of a felony with a gun. ALL participated in the felony robbery of the store.

In some ways I think this case is similar as far as culpability of those involved. Someone was killed with a gun by probably one person while other were involved in other aspects of the crime either during or after she was taken. They all can be held liable for at least some aspects of this abduction and ultimate murder.

So even though we may never know the whole truth about why they showed up there that day and decided to grab and take Holly away to her death. Those involved surely are guilty for some or all of this murder. And I am ok with this verdict and a couple other future ones to come for that reason.

Thanks again to all who helped provide the trial information and shared in the discussions.

Why is this a good outcome?

Every living organism fears dying. This animal should have been put on Death Row and so that it can feel it is to die... each day, every day for 10-15 years.

(Easy to judge without being in the same shoes as this courgeous family, but I think this would have been my choosing)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back