Zach Adams guilty in kidnapping murder of Holly Bobo Sept 23, 2017

I agree that ZA had a crappy childhood but I don't think that excuses anything. Lots of people have terrible childhoods. I think ZA is Evil with a capital E - I think the drugs gave him courage to act on his evil thoughts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a question. When the Judge was going around the Jury and pointing out the various members that he knew or their families, would that still be part of the trial record? I had not heard him say Court is Adjourned. I served on two Jury trials and both times the first questions were do you know the defendant, attorneys or Judge.

Just Wondering

Not radical at all and actually very interesting...I do not know how many times he had been before this same judge and the details of getting off but yes the irony of the same people involved in putting him on the street !!! And I said in a previous post but was any attempt made at some serious help for the addiction and personality issues? Ever? Did this judge ever require he go to treatment?

I read in his criminal history that he was sent to rehab at least once by Judge McGinley. I'll see if I can find that link again.

The only one on trial here is Zach Adams. He is the only one being judged and sentenced today. Any sleuthing of peripheral family members and friends or information not brought out during trial will be removed. You may discuss information that was testified to but beyond that please be mindful of our terms of service.:

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects.
Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.
Please thank this post to indicate that you have read it...

If you missed reading and thanking my post on the first page you may do so now. There is plenty of evidence and information about the case to discuss. Blaming others, besides the perp, is strongly discouraged. In fact it is a form of bashing and attacking them. Please post accordingly.

I have a question. When the Judge was going around the Jury and pointing out the various members that he knew or their families, would that still be part of the trial record? I had not heard him say Court is Adjourned. I served on two Jury trials and both times the first questions were do you know the defendant, attorneys or Judge.

Just Wondering

Strangest exchange after the dismissal of the jurors but they were still on the record....he indicated he knew many of their "daddies"...one his son played baseball with (then he changed that to grandson) and the strangest is the woman who is a teller at his bank who he said he will try to avoid her window or something...and then summed up I know a lot of you. All I can figure is they were asked and it made no difference to them or any involved parties.

Strangest exchange after the dismissal of the jurors but they were still on the record....he indicated he knew many of their "daddies"...one his son played baseball with (then he changed that to grandson) and the strangest is the woman who is a teller at his bank who he said he will try to avoid her window or something...and then summed up I know a lot of you. All I can figure is they were asked and it made no difference to them or any involved parties.
I've seen this before in trials that involve small towns close together.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I've seen this before in trials that involve small towns close together.

yep after this trial i have learned much about smaller towns and how different trials are. The judge mentioned this was his longest trial ever...actually considering the build up I thought this would be about a month long...it was a very tight 2 weeks for everything.

yep after this trial i have learned much about smaller towns and how different trials are. The judge mentioned this was his longest trial ever...actually considering the build up I thought this would be about a month long...it was a very tight 2 weeks for everything.
I did too. I thought with as many witnesses the state had ready they would draw it out a lot longer.

I did too. I thought with as many witnesses the state had ready they would draw it out a lot longer.

I am glad it went like it did...during this trial I got nothing else done...yesterday after the sentencing I started catching up and am still doing that. Have to take off some time from trials for the next weeks.

I am glad it went like it did...during this trial I got nothing else done...yesterday after the sentencing I started catching up and am still doing that. Have to take off some time from trials for the next weeks.
Likewise. I need to decompress emotionally.

Heck, I was once a juror on a silly civil case that should never have gone to trial, and that thing drug on for a week, no lie. I figured this one would go a month minimum.
PS...that civil case, we deliberated about 15 minutes and awarded the plaintiff $1, and only that because the law required us to.

I, too, asked that earlier - I sure didn't hear either.... anyone? Was he actually sentenced or is there another court date. I know I heard Nov. 14th - but you all are saying that is a Status hearing for Dylan & Jason.... :dunno:

-Niner, did we get an answer on this? My apologies if so.
"Why was there no formal stand alone sentencing statement read by the Judge to Zach"? 'We declare...'.
In my opinion yesterday's courtroom activity was sloppy in the way of JMs articulation. His demeanor wasn't that of addressing Zach firmly. Most are spoken in a serious authoritative tone. Instead he was casually flipping through the pages looking downward for much of his delivery yesterday. There wasn't a precise wrap up either. For lack of a better term it was anticlimactic (aside from Karen's statement). I'm specifically speaking of him-JM.

Being as there are many questions about this (here as well as other sources), was this him being messy or is this the correct method based on an official prior agreement? Its confusing to me.

TIA

I guess my biggest takeaway from the Judge's behavior with the Jury after was that if being totally equal and honest he should boast about not only his length of time on the bench, the length of this trial, who he knew from where on the Jury but also I knew Zach from the number of times he appeared before me ever since he turned 18.

JMO

What was their reason for not wanting it to be mentioned?
TIA

I have no idea - wish I did. I will try to find it later when I have more time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was their reason for not wanting it to be mentioned?
TIA

Could it be something as simple as, knowing the jury pool was coming from a small community that is most likely a population with a lot of regular church-going Christians, they were afraid that if 'divine intervention' was mentioned, the jury may equate that to God directing the finding of Holly's remains, and also to Him pointing the way to investigators ultimately nailing ZA for the crimes, assuring the jury that ZA was in fact guilty. Holly was and the rest of the Bobo's apparently were and still are very active in their church. JMO

Apparently the sheriff made a statement that finding Holly's remains was divine intervention. That's all I can find - I thought there would be more to it than that. This article also mentions another change of venue, the gun, and the video

ETA: Burt Staggs also did a story about going to the site where her remains were found and how the sun broke out and shone directly on that area and about all the flowers that were now blooming over that spot. I will see if I can find that

http://www.wbbjtv.com/2017/07/11/defense-asks-change-venue-holly-bobo-case/

Surprise surprise...unfortunately the judge did provide some fuel for this argument...I don't think it will go anywhere legally but sometimes I almost wonder if the judge himself were not a bit too close to the area and case?

turaj, are you referring to the WSMV interview with Cindy Adams? I read it but I couldn't identify the 'fuel'. Please instruct me on what I am missing.
TIA

Apparently the sheriff made a statement that finding Holly's remains was divine intervention. That's all I can find - I thought there would be more to it than that. This article also mentions another change of venue, the gun, and the video

ETA: Burt Staggs also did a story about going to the site where her remains were found and how the sun broke out and shone directly on that area and about all the flowers that were now blooming over that spot. I will see if I can find that

http://www.wbbjtv.com/2017/07/11/defense-asks-change-venue-holly-bobo-case/

With great appreciation-thanks!

Back to the Judge, I forgot to include this in my post regarding his personal comments that in my opinion were silly. I believe it was at the beginning of yesterday's activity when he mentioned to the jurors "I don't think it will hurt y'alls feelings if you don't get to spend the next 3 hours with me. Will it, or is that ok with y'all"? Chuckle-chuckle

IMO: Its just not the time for silly comments, especially being made by him and about him.

With great appreciation-thanks!

Back to the Judge, I forgot to include this in my post regarding his personal comments that in my opinion were silly. I believe it was at the beginning of yesterday's activity when he mentioned to the jurors "I don't think it will hurt y'alls feelings if you don't get to spend the next 3 hours with me. Will it, or is that ok with y'all"? Chuckle-chuckle

IMO: Its just not the time for silly comments, especially being made by him and about him.

You're welcome [emoji846]

While I didn't find his comments particularly humorous I thought he was just trying acknowledge the jury, be appreciative of them, friendly, idk, but his comments didn't bother me. Also I didn't care for all the times Jennifer Thompson jokingly referred to not getting a map out again - but I just rolled my eyes and didn't put any more thought into it. Heaven knows I can top both of them for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, being socially awkward, or offending everyone so I didn't give anyone's offhand comments much thought

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back