GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Greater Than [emoji8]

Taken from the timeline "Ican tell though that thedriver seat was pushed all the way back and fully down (not how she would havedriven it)."

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

That certainly does seem very pointed. How do they know the sightings are actually false? Are you saying that this individual has reported sightings of Jenna to the family, LE has checked them out and deemed them false- and this individual continues to make contact with the family, citing sightings?
If that is the situation, it seems that is harassment and interference with an active investigation, and the family ought to possibly pursue a no contact order. I'm no attorney, but I think that's what I would do.

Sorry Greater Than [emoji8]

Taken from the timeline "Ican tell though that thedriver seat was pushed all the way back and fully down (not how she would havedriven it)."

I restored your post but snipped the off limits part. ;)

I'm sorry, she-lock holmes. Posts from NextDoor are not permitted.

NextDoor is a private community.

Only admin posts from the official Find Jenna FB page are allowed.

Unfortunate in this particular situation/detail, but thanks for letting me know. Maybe Subie can elaborate so this community could help theorize?

I feel like since the car has been found, and as time has passed, all the little worrying details from the start of this case have been forgotten. The focus is reverting back to trafficking and/or running away. Though, this might be the case, bear in mind those little details we arent hearing about any more ... the wiping of Jennas data since March, the 2 'calls' Jenna received from a number tied to an instagram account with reference to pimping were in fact pocket dials and no conversation, Jennas dependency on routine and her poorly cat, the way the house was left (lights on, tv on), leaving behind essential daily items such as make up and toiletries.

I still stand by an involuntary disappearence

I feel like since the car has been found, and as time has passed, all the little worrying details from the start of this case have been forgotten. The focus is reverting back to trafficking and/or running away. Though, this might be the case, bear in mind those little details we arent hearing about any more ... the wiping of Jennas data since March, the 2 'calls' Jenna received from a number tied to an instagram account with reference to pimping were in fact pocket dials and no conversation, Jennas dependency on routine and her poorly cat, the way the house was left (lights on, tv on), leaving behind essential daily items such as make up and toiletries.

I still stand by an involuntary disappearence

What channel or show was the TV displaying? Was it cable, DVR, DVD etc?

I think it might help when trying to narrow the timeline. The (which can be referenced via Help Find Jenna FB page) indicates Jenna disappeared from her parents house on 8/19 early morning hours. That seems pretty specific and now I understand why the NAMUS listing states last seen as 8/19. So she must have been seen.

That certainly does seem very pointed. How do they know the sightings are actually false? Are you saying that this individual has reported sightings of Jenna to the family, LE has checked them out and deemed them false- and this individual continues to make contact with the family, citing sightings?
If that is the situation, it seems that is harassment and interference with an active investigation, and the family ought to possibly pursue a no contact order. I'm no attorney, but I think that's what I would do.
We got a call last Thursday night from her girlfriend (Uber friend ) she and her boyfriend had seen her going into a publix in our area and even gave the plate of the car she was driving. She ran around publix to look but had to leave due to running late to work . Police checked it out and car is owned by a college student at Emory University down the road and car was not reported stolen . Remember Jenna does not have her ID. Reported as a false sighting .

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We got a call last Thursday night from her girlfriend (Uber friend ) she and her boyfriend had seen her going into a publix in our area and even gave the plate of the car she was driving. She ran around publix to look but had to leave due to running late to work . Police checked it out and car is owned by a college student at Emory University down the road and car was not reported stolen . Remember Jenna does not have her ID. Reported as a false sighting .

TY for that example. Are you indicating that this was malicious on her part, or was it mistaken?

TY for that example. Are you indicating that this was malicious on her part, or was it mistaken?
Could be either honestly. She is very flaky with what she knows and doesn't know. Her stories keep changing as well

So I take it this girl driving the car didn't look much like Jenna? Just making sure it isn't a case of mistaken identity. Though I'd think her friend should be able to judge that pretty accurately.

So I take it this girl driving the car didn't look much like Jenna? Just making sure it isn't a case of mistaken identity. Though I'd think her friend should be able to judge that pretty accurately.
According to police no resemblance. Only thing that was close was the green tshirt she was wearing.

I have to wonder if the Emory student and Jenna look alike. It is unusual to mistakenly recognize someone one knows and has seen recently. Perhaps she was driving the student's car and using a fake id.

According to police no resemblance. Only thing that was close was the green tshirt she was wearing.

I'd ask your PI to look into this sighting. Clearly LE has been slacking on their end IMO.

Hate to hop in on the backend and maybe this has already been suggested in the threads I haven't read through just yet...but what if she wasn't being extorted? What if the money she was sending was in fact to disappear of her own volition and was going to a friend or acquaintance?

Also on the "start a new life" thread of thinking. New job. Pays well. Anyone can do it if you just work hard. ya da ya da...those are things I would definitely look for when moving and having to find a new job. That's how I ended up in sales when I thought it was really finance. It's also how a naive young woman could end up being trafficked.

Thank you for this. Were there other false sightings reported from others involved, or just this one? If the former, sounds like her circle is scheming together. Also, one other comment on this. I don't even know Jenna, and I would be willing to be late for work (or even fired) if I thought I could find her in a Publix. Strange, no?

Two additional thoughts:

A. I wonder if anything has ever been mentioned about the club tongue and groove? It is located at lindberg right by the marta station and had a solar eclipse party on 8-18. Jenna "liked" this club on her facebook in 2 different places.

B. Could all of this driving around that we think happened late at night just be her and her friend riding around looking for an apartment? The apartment she messaged a girl about on the Atlanta Housing group is within a mile of family dog according to the post. Here's a screenshot of that area approximately as well as a screenshot of the whole area to put it in context. Maybe she found an apartment and is dead set on moving away and being on her own? Hopefully? Better than other scenarios. Also family dog is right on morningside where the woman who spotted her car was from, most likely a coincidence though. I just don't know why you would go to a gym all the way over in the upper westside and why a car on a side street would bother you.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 8.45.39 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 8.45.39 PM.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 300
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 8.45.56 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 8.45.56 PM.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 298
Thank you for this. Were there other false sightings reported from others involved, or just this one? If the former, sounds like her circle is scheming together. Also, one other comment on this. I don't even know Jenna, and I would be willing to be late for work (or even fired) if I thought I could find her in a Publix. Strange, no?

I thought the same thing! If I thought I saw Jenna out and about, I'd surely be ok with being late for work given the circumstance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa