Special Counsel Issues 1st Indictments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cyprus is all over this indictment.

"You go to Cyprus because that's where Russians launder money," said Rep. Mike Quigley, D-Illinois, in explaining the reason for his trip. This is where a lot of money laundering takes place," Quigley said. "This is where the Russians act, and this is where key figures in the investigation have played as well."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/14/politics/quigley-cyprus-russia-investigation/index.html

Wolf Blitzed on CNN mistakenly called the Papadoodoo guy George Stephanopoulus, lol.

https://themoscowtimes.com/articles...an-businessmen-prepare-for-us-sanctions-59391

From the Moscow Times, another news source that will be interesting to follow...

"Although the Act does not mention any specific names, Russia’s business community agrees that metals tycoon Oleg Deripaska is most at risk.

His name has come up repeatedly with the U.S. authorities, especially concerning his communications with former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort. Deripaska’s representatives did not respond to inquiries from journalists.

The Alfa Group headed by Mikhail Fridman is also at risk. That business is mentioned in the scandalous dossier of former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele that was published in BuzzFeed last year.

It states that the Alfa Group allegedly carried out Putin’s orders and helped interfere in U.S. elections. Alfa Group is currently suing BuzzFeed and the parties that ordered the dossier, demanding that they refute the inaccuracies it contains.

The media have often pointed to Alisher Usmanov and Roman Abramovich as the two businessmen with the closest ties to Vladimir Putin. Their representatives declined to comment."

pomp guy has been offered no jail time because he has been so talkative!, and helpful,and detailed,

msnbc

Link please for no jail time. I thought he wasn't sentenced yet & prosecutors would testify to his cooperation.

Link please for no jail time. I thought he wasn't sentenced yet & prosecutors would testify to his cooperation.

It was on MSNBC. I don't think there's a link for live transcripts.

Making history.

c. On or about April 30, 2016, defendant PAPADOPOULOS thanked the Professor for his "critical help" in arranging a meeting between the Campaign and the Russian government, and remarked: "It's history making if it happens."

From mid-June through mid-August 2016, PAPADOPOULOS pursued an "off the record" meeting between one or more Carnpaign representatives and "members of president putin's office and the mfa."

25. During his interview with the FBI, defendant PAPADOPOULOS acknowledged that he met the Professor and that the Professor told him the Russians had "dirt" on then candidate Clinton in the form of "thousands of emails," but defendant PAP ADO POULOS stated multiple times that those communications occurred prior to when he joined the Campaign.

Defendant PAPADOPOULOS told the FBI: "This isn't like he [the Professor]'s messaging me while I'm in April with Trump"; " I wasn't even on the Trump team, that wasn't even on the radar"; " I wasn't even on Trump's orbit[] at this time"; and "This was a year ago, this was before I even got with Trump." He also said it was a "very strange coincidence'' to be told of the "dirt" before he started working for the Campaign.

26. In truth and in fact, however, and as set forth above, defendant PAPADOPOULOS met the Professor for the first time on or about March 14, 2016, after defendant PAPADOPOULOS had already learned he would be a foreign policy advisor for the Campaign; the Professor showed interest in defendant PAPADOPOULOS only after learning of his role on the Campaign; and the Professor told defendant PAPADOPOULOS about the Russians possessing "dirt" on then-candidate Clinton in late April 2016, more than a month after defendant PAPADOPOULOS had joined the Campaign.

Cyprus is all over this indictment.

"You go to Cyprus because that's where Russians launder money," said Rep. Mike Quigley, D-Illinois, in explaining the reason for his trip. This is where a lot of money laundering takes place," Quigley said. "This is where the Russians act, and this is where key figures in the investigation have played as well."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/14/politics/quigley-cyprus-russia-investigation/index.html
Wilbur Ross, Trump's commerce secretary and officer on the board of one of the Cypriot banks, mentioned in conversation today on either CNN, MSNBC.

Pomp according to court criminal documents.

These are things he told them under the plea agreement:

https://www.justice.gov/file/1007346/download

I am paraphrasing there criminal report to the criminal justice system of the USA.

None of this is mo this is what the paperwork says

Foreign policy advisor to Donald J Trump

He lied to the FBI during their invest into the campaigns involvement with Russia

Pomp did acknowledge to them that a Russian professor advised him that the Russians had all the damaging emails on Clinton

He lied when he said to them that he knew all about the emails before he was with Trump campaign

The truth is, according to the criminal documents released today the Russians began carrying on with him after he was part of the campaign for over a month

He lied when he claimed that the professor was a small fish -- the truth was the professor had major connections with the power elite throughout the Russian govt

He relentlessly was working on getting the campaign and the Russians together

He met with a Russian lady but lied about what they were doing

He used her to continue to meet with her for a month to get campaign folks to meet

According to documentation he impeded the investigation regarding Russia influence in the 2016 election in the United States of America.

Following the campaign bringing him on he emailed back and forth letting top campaign folks that he had a new good friend ( the russia lady)

In one face to face another person was along for the visit and introduced as a relative of President of Vlad Putin

He then became friends with a Russian agent in London.

These guys were discussing Us Russian ties under Trump

He advised a senior campaign official who praised his accomplishments -- "good work"

He then met with a group of campaign advisors and informed them that he had connections that would facilitate Trump and PUtin to meet face to face

Shortly afterwards he emailed the female who infomred him that she too was very pleased with his efforts to review us russia relationship under Trump should he get the presidency

the female via email advised him that she was on her way to Moscow to meet with russias version of congress

she repeated her enthusiasm about having a good relationship with trump and that the federation would love to welcome him

He then began Skyping with a high up govt official to arrange PUtin and Trump face to face meeting

will come back and continue in a moment

all true crime stories need a commercial break

We now return to formal criminal document coverage

He continued to make arrangements for meetings to ascertain the possible future Trump Putin relationship (bromance!)

He was then given an invitation for PUtin and Trump to meet face to face, while advising it would be best to do so in London

Later at a breakfast the top russian guy reminded the guy working for campaign that they had a lot of dirt on Clinton

Several days later Pomp was advised that the guy was getting "interesting" emails from Moscow about the future trip so the two can meet face to face ---however, only when the time is right he was advised

He then started passing on this info to senior campaign folks that Putin is very interested in meeting

Pomp reminded the official that Its history making if it happens

Later they discussed the possibility of meeting at the N AMerican desk

Later Pomp got a reassurance that they are continuing to work on a face to face

He then emailed a top campaign official with the subject line being "Request from Russia to Meet Trump"

It explained Russia deep want to meet with Trump for a very long time

He then described off the record meetings with Trump campaign folks and Russian senior folks

Via Skype they continued to arrange this meeting - They then offered to come to Trump if he could not make it.

He advised that it would have to be off record of course.

A senior campaign guy , later , strongly encouraged Pomp to make the trip

I cant help but feel as if a formal review of the definition of collusion is warrented jmo

secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.

Made numerous false statements and omitted material facts.

Damn. Lying to the FBI.

Blue my dear

we think alike

it was a riveting read !!!

an amazing true spy story !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is now open source ---- all the rest of em now know (mueller is so smart!!) all they know

I would talk too!! I ain't going down alone eff that!

ha

6 months is great this stuff is end of their lives times!!

Pomp was the only IMo smart one thus far!!

These are serious felonies -- the group aint no spring chickens !!

sit com time that lady is coming on

boy will be interesting to see how she is doing

Levity break!

Come on I will give it her that was a great open!! (Sarah)

Poor thing in a way -- got to be the worst job in the world !!

There is an irony here she is talking about the price of a cocktail while the world has just discovered the the campaign manager laundered 75 million bucks

guys we need a laugh

anyone think any of us are really listening to any of this !!

my leg just got amputated and you come out and talk about a hangnail

oh my moo

Gates didn't have an attorney present during the plea, but the public defender representing him said Gates would be retaining a private attorney.

Hm.

[video=twitter;925061931945353216]https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/925061931945353216[/video]

The emails in the Papadopolous indictment are also linked to Manafort and Gates, according to Jim Sciotto at CNN.

Gates didn't have an attorney present during the plea, but the public defender representing him said Gates would be retaining a private attorney.

Hm.

I wonder if Gates is willing to talk. Why get rid of your former lawyer? Do we know who was his lawyer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa