Found Deceased FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t seen any info showing that this is anything other than an unfortunate accident and a fear based flight at this point.

I am remaining open minded until we hear some actual facts, but murder fantasies, meth addiction (despite the kid going to a charter school and worrying about homework due), etc. all seem to be premature and really far fetched.

I'm with you. My mind is wide open on this one. By all accounts he loved his grandmother and was close to her. By all accounts he wasn't a troublesome child or teen. I just can't come up with any scenario that truly makes sense to me. My momma heart is breaking for his mom. Most of us parents do everything we think is the 'right' thing in regards to our kids and wouldn't be able to comprehend what the heck happened, especially before we had a chance to see our child face to face. This is so tragic for the entire family, who all seem to be really good people.

Maybe she wants to keep the name since it’s her son’s last name. I don’t understand why this is of any concern. I know several divorced women with kids who keep their previous name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I understand what you are saying. It is easier for kids in school when mom has same last name. My mom didn't keep her 'divorced' last name and it was a bit more confusing at school.

But her son didn't live with her or go to school near her, so I was just wondering why she decided to keep it. It would be a different last name from her new kids. So it seems odd, imo.

As to what concern it is---just curious because I am trying to understand the family dynamics. That seems to be the key to this tragedy. WHY did a 15 yr old behave in this way?

If this was some kind of accident, he would have called an ambulance. He wouldn't have buried grandma in the backyard and then taken off to Canada with guns. Jmo.

I haven’t seen any info showing that this is anything other than an unfortunate accident and a fear based flight at this point.

I am remaining open minded until we hear some actual facts, but murder fantasies, meth addiction (despite the kid going to a charter school and worrying about homework due), etc. all seem to be premature and really far fetched.

It seems to be a little more than an unfortunate accident because he didn't call 911 afterwards. And he possibly dug a hole in his father's yard and buried his grandmother there.

I could see him leaving her where she lay and taking off in a panic. But he didn't do that. He buried her, collected things he'd need, like guns and insulin, sent some phony texts, stole a car, and made his way to Canada.

I've mentioned my son abit and I hope people don't mind but will share why he went to custody.
He actually assaulted his nana. My mother. Who helped raise him. Probably the closest person other then myself that he counted on. My son was/is an addict and because she wouldn't hand over her prescribed pain pills he threw a phone at her head which struck her and pushed her very roughly into s wall, when I was at work.
My mom refuses to call the police so I did. My son was arrested and we didn't bail him out. He served his sentence. He is deeply ashamed of what he did. My son changed literally before our eyes. I know my mom fears him now.
I kicked my son out because he refused to get clean. He is still on his own and using again.
Just wanted to share. My son loves my mom deeply but he had no hesitation hurting her because he couldn't get drugs and or money.
Jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think her name has anything to do with how attached she is to her children.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No, but it does have something to do with how she sees the divorce aftermath, in my opinion. JMO

I've mentioned my son abit and I hope people don't mind but will share why he went to custody.
He actually assaulted his nana. My mother. Who helped raise him. Probably the closest person other then myself that he counted on. My son was/is an addict and because she wouldn't hand over her prescribed pain pills he threw a phone at her head which struck her and pushed her very roughly into s wall, when I was at work.
My mom refuses to call the police so I did. My son was arrested and we didn't bail him out. He served his sentence. He is deeply ashamed of what he did. My son changed literally before our eyes. I know my mom fears him now.
I kicked my son out because he refused to get clean. He is still on his own and using again.
Just wanted to share. My son loves my mom deeply but he had no hesitation hurting her because he couldn't get drugs and or money.
Jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug: That was brave and noble of you to call the police. I know it was hard. But you helped him greatly, in the big picture. He would have continued to bully and harass the family if no one had stepped up.

Meth addiction? I don't think anyone has suggested that.

And as the mother of a 15yo son in a private school, I can assure you that college prep teens in advanced scholastic programs and concerned about grades are not immune from drug use, nor are they immune from mental illness (which may be undiagnosed and untreated, undiagnosed and self-medicating, or diagnosed and receiving treatment).

I don't think any of the possibilities mentioned here are far fetched at all.

I'd like to think it was an accident and a scared kid, but I don't think accident goes along with ransacking a second house and stealing additional guns.

I understand what you are saying. It is easier for kids in school when mom has same last name. My mom didn't keep her 'divorced' last name and it was a bit more confusing at school.

But her son didn't live with her or go to school near her, so I was just wondering why she decided to keep it. It would be a different last name from her new kids. So it seems odd, imo.

As to what concern it is---just curious because I am trying to understand the family dynamics. That seems to be the key to this tragedy. WHY did a 15 yr old behave in this way?
Exactly.

Family dynamics are possibly the biggest key to what happened and WHY.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Stop the negative speculation about family or friends whom we know nothing about. It is against WS TOS and can result in loss of posting privileges.

You may discuss what is in MSM but you may not sleuth and post about individuals who are not an officially named POI or suspect.

:wave:

Have you read all the coverage? He made a wrong turn which took him to the CAN border, and they picked him up for doing an illegal u turn. He was not trying to go to Canada at that point, plus I haven’t seen any press on them recovering any guns in his car?

Regardless of what happened, he clearly didn’t make good choices both right before and after whatever happened. That is definitely not in dispute.

I am going to pull up some of the DCF documents from the custody hearings. Locally I have heard some discussion of an authoritarian LE father, and if true that might have factored into fear in facing his father. I noticed that subpoenas had previously been sent to a case worker and a RN, so there is definitely a back story.

If this was some kind of accident, he would have called an ambulance. He wouldn't have buried grandma in the backyard and then taken off to Canada with guns. Jmo.

Have you read all the coverage? He made a wrong turn which took him to the CAN border, and they picked him up for doing an illegal u turn. He was not trying to go to Canada at that point, plus I haven’t seen any press on them recovering any guns in his car?

Regardless of what happened, he clearly didn’t make good choices both right before and after whatever happened. That is definitely not in dispute.

I am going to pull up some of the DCF documents from the custody hearings. Locally I have heard some discussion of an authoritarian LE father, and if true that might have factored into fear in facing his father. I noticed that subpoenas had previously been sent to a case worker and a RN, so there is definitely a back story.

Thank you for doing this. I think that's what we are trying to do here: just try to figure out what kind of back story or familial dynamics could have caused this.

Meth psychosis was suggested yesterday at 2:31am as a possible reason for him being able to stay awake and drive.

I guess we’ll just have to wait for more details on drug tests and mental assessments, but being that he is a minor we may not get much. I am just going to remain neutral until more facts are shared.

Meth addiction? I don't think anyone has suggested that.

And as the mother of a 15yo son in a private school, I can assure you that college prep teens in advanced scholastic programs and concerned about grades are not immune from drug use, nor are they immune from mental illness (which may be undiagnosed and untreated, undiagnosed and self-medicating, or diagnosed and receiving treatment).

I don't think any of the possibilities mentioned here are far fetched at all.

I'd like to think it was an accident and a scared kid, but I don't think accident goes along with ransacking a second house and stealing additional guns.

He may not have wanted to drive right up to the checkpoint window and speak to the guards. But it does appear as though he was headed to the Canadian border. He probably was trying to find a remote way to sneak in. JMO

If it was an 'innocent accident' --like she fell in the shower or something--then he'd have no reason to fear his father or LE.

But if it was an 'accident', as in he wanted to harm himself and she intervened, or she confronted him about drugs or something, then he would have fears about his father and LE.

I am going with the 2nd scenario. JMO

If it was an 'innocent accident' --like she fell in the shower or something--then he'd have no reason to fear his father or LE.

But if it was an 'accident', as in he wanted to harm himself and she intervened, or she confronted him about drugs or something, then he would have fears about his father and LE.

I am going with the 2nd scenario. JMO

I agree with the 2nd scenario being more likely than the first.

Meth psychosis was suggested yesterday at 2:31am as a possible reason for him being able to stay awake and drive.

I guess we’ll just have to wait for more details on drug tests and mental assessments, but being that he is a minor we may not get much. I am just going to remain neutral until more facts are shared.

Thanks, I missed that. I agree, meth addiction is far fetched!

I would be shocked if he isn't charged as an adult. With the sunshine laws, we'll find out everything.

In the presser they said it was a wrong turn onto the road that leads across the border.
The officer said it happens all the time.
I wonder where he was headed if not Canada?
That's one hell of a drive for a 15-year-old to go on.

In the presser they said it was a wrong turn onto the road that leads across the border.
The officer said it happens all the time.
I wonder where he was headed if not Canada?
That's one hell of a drive for a 15-year-old to go on.

I'm baffled by where he was going too. His grandmother was from Michigan and still had a home there - I'm wondering if he was heading to Michigan, not realizing Canada is in between NY and MI???

Maybe he intended to head northeast once he got to Buffalo but took a wrong exit. He could've been headed up to Maine to "live off the land" in a remote place?

Maybe he was just driving to get the heck away from the scene in Florida. Maybe his mind was in such a frenzy he didn't care where he was driving as long as he was driving?

He obviously wasn't an experienced driver - perhaps he wasn't that great at reading a map either?

IDK what to think of his escape route.

jmopinion

He turned his car around when he realized he was on the bridge to Canada. That's why border LE stopped him - he made an illegal U-turn.

jmo

Yes, I read that in reports and saw the presser that was linked here in the thread. I was wondering if he was perhaps headed there but then realized there was an actual checkpoint or saw that there was border patrol or saw a sign that said "Checkpoint/have IDs ready" or something to that effect which made him turn around/make the illegal U-Turn.

It's also possible he had absolutely no plan and was simply driving. Did that car have navigation system or maps in the glove compartment? He did not have his phone on him, correct? (Thinking no Google maps with no phone)

ETA: Thoughts on the long drive straight through. At 15/16, it isn't nearly as hard to stay awake driving as it is in later years when you're older and the "excitement" of being a driver has worn off. I was able to make a few longer distance trips at around that age (16/17/18) with no sleep and I was not/am not a drug user. Add in the fact that he was unlicensed, grandma is buried in the backyard, dad is due back from his vacation, in gmas stolen vehicle and authorities or at the very least your parents are likely looking for you and not at all happy, the adrenaline alone could make staying up at least one night or more easily doable.

Why is Logan's mother being picked on here? She is not the accused killer. Who cares if she hyphenates her name, keeps her married name, contacts the ACLU, etc.? My god, the lack of empathy here is staggering. Leave her alone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member