Found Deceased FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extradition hearing in Family Court is possible for tomorrow. Because of his age, he cannot stay with the Buffalo Police; he is at the East Berry Street Juvenile Detention Center

Video report at: http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/florida-officers-in-wny-for-logan-mott/494760739

a few new details:

On Friday, authorities excavated the grave and discovered a body that matched the description of French. However, police said they are waiting on the autopsy to confirm the body's identity.

Logan Mott's mother, Carrie Campbell-Mott, told First Coast News that the boy has had some has had trouble adjusting in recent months after transferring away from his friends at Fletcher Middle School and entering Sandalwood High School.

She raised concerns in recent days that the diabetic teen might not have access to his needed insulin. Police now think he has packed enough insulin packs to last him several weeks.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...where-teen-grandmother-went-missing/494444290

So he had several weeks worth of insulin?

And 'transferring way from his friends' had made it hard for him to adjust to his new school. I wonder why he had to make that transfer? Was he angry at being forced to make that change?

I don't know. He seemed to have planned for and thought out many things before he ran. He grabbed his insulin, some weapons, buried the body and tried to conceal it, left his cell behind to keep from being tracked, ransacked the crime scene to make it look like home invasion, sent bogus texts to 2 people, from both cells, to delay the inevitable, stole a car.....why go through all that planning and then drive around aimlessly?

He seems to be rather calculated. He is very intelligent and people say he was experienced as a survivalist.

I have no doubt that he thought about where he was heading.

My thoughts, exactly. Since the grandmother didn't call in to work claiming to be ill on Monday and Tuesday, I have to assume she was already dead. If he was in a state of panic, I could see him ransacking the place to make it look like a robbery -- even taking guns, since that would be a believable theft item -- and then running away in a panic. The fact that her body was found in a grave in the backyard and the texts that were sent make me think he gathered his thoughts and formulated a plan, knowing that he needed to get the heck out of there before his dad returned.

It was stated upthread, I think, that the dad was away for a wedding of a friend, but I'm not sure how long he was away for. Does anyone recall when was the last time anyone SPOKE to or saw Kristina? Mom said she spoke to Logan on Sunday I believe. If no one spoke to Kristina, is it possible she was killed even earlier?

I think that he was trying to get as far away as he could. He didn't have to take 48 hours for his preparations. I think he probably didn't know what to do but had a big panic attack at his father coming home.

I know I posted this earlier, but I'm still bothered by the fact that he missed school Monday and Tuesday. Surely they
(The school) would have called the father to inform him.

Was he vacationing out of country/US cell service area?
Wouldn't the school have called the mother next or perhaps the grandmother if she was listed as the emergency contact?
Why were red flags not noted prior to the dad not being picked up at the airport/coming home to what appeared to be a home invasion?

a few new details:

On Friday, authorities excavated the grave and discovered a body that matched the description of French. However, police said they are waiting on the autopsy to confirm the body's identity.

Logan Mott's mother, Carrie Campbell-Mott, told First Coast News that the boy has had some has had trouble adjusting in recent months after transferring away from his friends at Fletcher Middle School and entering Sandalwood High School.

She raised concerns in recent days that the diabetic teen might not have access to his needed insulin. Police now think he has packed enough insulin packs to last him several weeks.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...where-teen-grandmother-went-missing/494444290

So he had several weeks worth of insulin?

And 'transferring way from his friends' had made it hard for him to adjust to his new school. I wonder why he had to make that transfer? Was he angry at being forced to make that change?

BBM

Thinking aloud here, without much of a direction....but didn't Grandma recently move to Florida? Could her move there have anything to do with the transfer to a different high school than his friends from middle school attend? Perhaps he considered her responsible for it??

Really, just brainstorming aloud...

jmo

Since he was (according to his mother) in advanced courses at school, I would think he would have not gotten that far off from where he intended on going. But I guess even someone highly intelligent might not be great at US Geography or cities/travel routes. I would think he would at least know where Missouri is in relation to Florida?

Did the parents and friends say he definitely did NOT have any ties to New York? Maybe an online friend or friend who recently relocated there? If not, then it really could be he was driving just to drive/had absolutely no plans or destination.

BBM

Maybe, but he probably had 48 hours to figure out where he was going to run. And he took a few weeks worth of insulin, so he planned to hide out somewhere, imo.

I don't think it was a total coincidence that he ended up at the Canadian border.

I think the transfer of schoolswas just because he was admitted to the program at that magnet school.

I, too, wonder if he had online acquaintances in NY. He is from Florida... fleeing to NY in the winter isn’t a smart plan if you don’t have an indoor place to stay!

It seems to be a little more than an unfortunate accident because he didn't call 911 afterwards. And he possibly dug a hole in his father's yard and buried his grandmother there.

I could see him leaving her where she lay and taking off in a panic. But he didn't do that. He buried her, collected things he'd need, like guns and insulin, sent some phony texts, stole a car, and made his way to Canada.
This is what disturbs me too. Did he leave the insulin pump and his glasses behind to make it look like he'd been taken? Did he ransack both homes in search of weapons or money or was he staging the scene to make it look like there had been home invasions at both places?

It also worries me that the incident with his grandmother may have occurred closer to Sunday evening or Monday morning. He also had the presence of mind to further throw everyone off by the text to his Dad and the FB post to his friend re homework on Tuesday evening.

I had a nephew that stayed with me and my family for a school year. (We lived in a different state). He was about 13. During that time, his parents and their other 2 children were planning a week trip to Vegas....without him.
He began acting out and was pounding on my kids and others as well. I don't think he was able to verbalize his anger but it was apparent to me it was about his family vacationing without him. I insisted they take him too. They ended up taking him with them (reluctantly) which took care of the anger outbursts but they weren't happy about it. A very sad situation which could easily have spiraled out of control. Not saying that's what happened with LM but the family dynamics can sometimes crush
everything about them without it being obvious.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I know I posted this earlier, but I'm still bothered by the fact that he missed school Monday and Tuesday. Surely they
(The school) would have called the father to inform him.

Was he vacationing out of country/US cell service area?
Wouldn't the school have called the mother next or perhaps the grandmother if she was listed as the emergency contact?
Why were red flags not noted prior to the dad not being picked up at the airport/coming home to what appeared to be a home invasion?

My kids high school used to call and leave a message on our land line. [Which was useless because the kids knew that and would erase the message when they ditched to go to the beach.]

The school may have left a message on the home phone, and Grandma may have heard the message. Maybe that began the issues between them?

a few new details:

(Snipped by me)
Sounds like it was a change from Middle School to High School, not forced to leave his friends.
http://www.ibtimes.com/who-logan-mott-missing-teen-arrested-after-grandmother-found-dead-2619690
[FONT=&quot]Before his arrest, Logan's mother told Florida's [/FONT]First Coast News[FONT=&quot] her son had some trouble adjusting transferring away from his friends at Fletcher Middle School and entering Sandalwood High School in Jacksonville.[/FONT]

My thoughts, exactly. Since the grandmother didn't call in to work claiming to be ill on Monday and Tuesday, I have to assume she was already dead. If he was in a state of panic, I could see him ransacking the place to make it look like a robbery -- even taking guns, since that would be a believable theft item -- and then running away in a panic. The fact that her body was found in a grave in the backyard and the texts that were sent make me think he gathered his thoughts and formulated a plan, knowing that he needed to get the heck out of there before his dad returned.

It was stated upthread, I think, that the dad was away for a wedding of a friend, but I'm not sure how long he was away for. Does anyone recall when was the last time anyone SPOKE to or saw Kristina? Mom said she spoke to Logan on Sunday I believe. If no one spoke to Kristina, is it possible she was killed even earlier?

This is the first I've read this but it's Daily Mail.

Campbell-Mott said she had last spoken to her son on Sunday, November 19 and had last communicated with French on Tuesday, November 21.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...een-detained-Canada-border.html#ixzz4zaY3iZjf
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I think the transfer of schoolswas just because he was admitted to the program at that magnet school.

I, too, wonder if he had online acquaintances in NY. He is from Florida... fleeing to NY in the winter isn’t a smart plan if you don’t have an indoor place to stay!

Right, but was that his choice to enter that magnet program? I am not sure that he was all that excited about it. I could be wrong.

"Campbell-Mott said she had last spoken to her son on Sunday, November 19 and had last communicated with French on Tuesday, November 21."

[from Daily mail link above]

good catch. The only communication I have heard about on Tuesday from French was the alleged texts to her son about the airport pick up.

Right, but was that his choice to enter that magnet program? I am not sure that he was all that excited about it. I could be wrong.

Yeah I agree. Because Mom said he asked about moving back to live with her and one of the reasons she told him no was because of this magnet school.

So yeah, he may have been pretty unhappy about the School situation.

(Snipped by me)
Sounds like it was a change from Middle School to High School, not forced to leave his friends.
http://www.ibtimes.com/who-logan-mott-missing-teen-arrested-after-grandmother-found-dead-2619690
[FONT="]Before his arrest, Logan's mother told Florida's [/FONT][URL="http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/crime/neighbor-says-case-of-found-remains-detained-teen-is-horrifying/494578146"]First Coast News[/URL][FONT="] her son had some trouble adjusting transferring away from his friends at Fletcher Middle School and entering Sandalwood High School in Jacksonville.[/FONT]

It sounds like most students at Fletcher MIddle go on a neighborhood high school, while he veered course and went to Sandalwood.

Maybe he didn't want to.

jmopinion

"Campbell-Mott said she had last spoken to her son on Sunday, November 19 and had last communicated with French on Tuesday, November 21."

[from Daily mail link above]

good catch. The only communication I have heard about on Tuesday from French was the alleged texts to her son about the airport pick up.

The Tuesday communication with the mom could've been by text too....in which case, it could have been Logan texting.

jmopinion

Was it ever said who the other car in the driveway belonged to? The one they didn't open immediately.
I thought that was odd.

(Snipped by me)
[FONT="]Before his arrest, Logan's mother told Florida's [/FONT][URL="http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/crime/neighbor-says-case-of-found-remains-detained-teen-is-horrifying/494578146"]First Coast News[/URL][FONT="] her son had some trouble adjusting transferring away from his friends at Fletcher Middle School and entering Sandalwood High School in Jacksonville.[/FONT]

But according to a local who posted here, his middle school friends went to a high school nearer to his father's home and he went into a magnet program that was further away and with new students.

I am just wondering if he had wanted to stay with his friends and go to the regular school they attended.

I guess I only say this because of my feeble attempts to get my daughter to attend a special magnet program when she was 15. She threw a FIT every time we discussed it. I ended up stopping the submission of paperwork because she was so upset to even imagine leaving her friends.

I really wanted her to attend the magnet program, in terms of future goals etc, but my husband convinced me it wasn't worth it if she was going to be miserable and resentful about it.

So it makes me wonder if Logan felt the same way about the extended college prep program, that was tearing him from his friends.

Normally that might not be such a big thing. But I think he already felt sad/depressed/disconnected from his Mom and may have felt a lot of pressure form his authoritarian, but very engaged, proactive Father. It may have all been too much at some point and he just lost it.

But according to a local who posted here, his middle school friends went to a high school nearer to his father's home and he went into a magnet program that was further away and with new students.

I am just wondering if he had wanted to stay with his friends and go to the regular school they attended.

I guess I only say this because of my feeble attempts to get my daughter to attend a special magnet program when she was 15. She threw a FIT every time we discussed it. I ended up stopping the submission of paperwork because she was so upset to even imagine leaving her friends.

I really wanted her to attend the magnet program, in terms of future goals etc, but my husband convinced me it wasn't worth it if she was going to be miserable and resentful about it.

So it makes me wonder if Logan felt the same way about the extended college prep program, that was tearing him from his friends.

Normally that might not be such a big thing. But I think he already felt sad/depressed/disconnected from his Mom and may have felt a lot of pressure form his authoritarian, but very engaged, proactive Father. It may have all been too much at some point and he just lost it.

This rings true to me.

But why kill Grandma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads