Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the quoted MSM reports that the dressers were worth $40. So I doubt he was taking them to sell. In my lifetime, I can't even remember how many dressers I have found cheap, or free and given to people in need. From my experiences, those with a low income don't focus their money on getting furniture. Many will have their clothing in piles in a corner, in the laundry baskets, or storage totes. Of course I have no way of knowing why he stole 2 dressers, and why he stole them on the same night Mariah is killed. The two incidents could be unrelated.

He may have stole the dressers, came back home to unload them, and Mariah woke up. Isn't one of his charges being in possession of stolen goods? If so, the dressers are accounted for.

JMO, but i think the dressers were already in the trailer before the Mariah event. Perhaps charging EK with theft was to keep him in jail to buy them some more time. I am sure this will not be the first arrest in the case.

One of the quoted MSM reports that the dressers were worth $40. So I doubt he was taking them to sell. In my lifetime, I can't even remember how many dressers I have found cheap, or free and given to people in need. From my experiences, those with a low income don't focus their money on getting furniture. Many will have their clothing in piles in a corner, in the laundry baskets, or storage totes. Of course I have no way of knowing why he stole 2 dressers, and why he stole them on the same night Mariah is killed. The two incidents could be unrelated.

He may have stole the dressers, came back home to unload them, and Mariah woke up. Isn't one of his charges being in possession of stolen goods? If so, the dressers are accounted for.

Yes it's just very perplexing that the dressers were stolen in the same timeframe that they claim she disappeared. Odd timing to steal anything really.

Previous police interactions that were either probation or suspended sentence.

I believe the question is about the present charges along with the concealment charges...

I hate it when these poor kids get thrown in the middle of this Jerry Springer BS! (to put it mildly)

This is becoming the Face of the American Drug Scene... innocent children are dying more than the junkies are!!! Drug epidemic more like Murder epidemic....

(I wanted to say that in the previous thread people kept saying "Alex Wood says....."(I was like, why do they keep quoting alexwood?) (Eta: As wonderful as this poster is...)

Thanks, Margarita, but I can't hold a candle to you, margarita25, or the rest of my fellow peeps!

ETA: Every time I see your posts, I want a Margarita!

My thoughts exactly! Probably stole them, brought them home. Perhaps he and mom fought/argued over the stupid theft waking Mariah.

The highlight of our Thanksgiving was that my niece brought a precious 3 year old girl to my daughters house. We went crazy having so much fun with her, and before long she was playing with my grand daughters Pom poms from high school. My granddaughter is a NICU R.N. and daughter is a special ed teacher, we all love children and she was the hit of the day! When I first saw Mariah's picture she looked so much like this little girl. Mariah should have been adored and treasured as the gift she was to this world. Nothing can possibly be more heartbreaking than this kind of atrocity against a beautiful child. I know all of us here on Websleuths are devastated.

Since Jacksonville is approx. only 19 miles from Camp Lejeune, I’m wondering if there is any government satellite imagery from the area that can track the movement from the home?

Exactly. Lack of education or income has nothing to do with these cases. It happens to children who live in trailers and mansions. It's time we stop calling these families "trailer park trash." IMO

A popular term where I live is Park Avenue to a Park Bench........

Women? Well look, the Dad didn’t really push hard for contact did he? Soon shacked up with another woman and had 3 kids with her too..... he already had kids who needed fighting for! Why didn’t he concentrate on that?

There is no proof he wasn't trying. It seems as though Mom and BF only recently moved and may have been running from being served with any custody papers. WE really just don't know the details of custody. I will say since the children were all in her care, she certainly wasn't ever going to be mother of the year either and those kids probably shouldn't have been with her either....Clearly!!!!

I keep reading comments about dressers? I keep going back to try to find information on these dressers, to no avail? Can anyone explain where the dressers come in? TIA

But in this photo isn’t he holding Mariah?

Looks like he is probably holding his own daughter. The one who was just a infant in the other available picture. Since her face is also covered, it's definitely not Mariah...

Last post before I head out for my self imposed timeout...I just want to say that LE really put a lot of resources into this, and it seems like the community really pulled together well. In this day and age it seems the response from LE is getting more advanced in terms of manpower and resources.

Margarita, you commented earlier expressing interest in the USMC transport to FBI Quantico; the proximity of MCAS New River means the USMC & local communities support one another whenever possible, but most importantly, imho; FBI Quantico is inside MCB Quantico; it's quite likely there was a planned flight to Q-town that was able to help expedite; it wouldn't have necessarily been a flight arranged specifically for that purpose.

There is no proof he wasn't trying. It seems as though Mom and BF only recently moved and may have been running from being served with any custody papers. WE really just don't know the details of custody. I will say since the children were all in her care, she certainly wasn't ever going to be mother of the year either and those kids probably shouldn't have been with her either....Clearly!!!!

One of my professors in law school always used to tell us to remember that there are three sides of every custody battle: Parent A's, Parent B's, and the truth, which is usually somewhere in the middle. I think the bio dad may have exaggerated some of his claims for the benefit of the television cameras, but I don't doubt that he was sincerely upset and did try to see his kids.

I have never heard of ANYONE breaking into a home and stealing 1 dresser let alone 2. For drugs or anything. Seems so random. So odd.....jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa