Documentary Claims Jesus Was Married Part 2

Nova said:
Most people on the planet maybe, but in this country, depending on the poll, as many as 50% or 60% believe Genesis is literal.
I don't think Genesis claims the earth is 6,000 years old.

Nova said:
And given the claim that God magically planted dinosaur fossils just to test our faith, it wouldn't matter to some even if it could be proved.

I didn't know this!! did they grow from dinosaur seeds?

accordn2me said:
I don't think Genesis claims the earth is 6,000 years old.

I don't think it does either, but some folks sure think so, and count backward from Jesus birth through the generations in the OT to Adam & Eve. It comes out to about 6,000 years although some counts are more generous with 10,000.

LovelyPigeon said:
I don't think it does either, but some folks sure think so, and count backward from Jesus birth through the generations in the OT to Adam & Eve. It comes out to about 6,000 years although some counts are more generous with 10,000.
How long are they counting as a generation? Noah's pawpaw lived to be over 900 years old! Noah was old when he died too.

I think the generations are counted as 3-score and 10 (Psalm 90:10) after Noah, and literal to the years of life given to men between Noah and Adam. But I might have the names wrong.

Here's a link to a "young earth, creationist' website http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c002.html that will give you an idea of how some calculate the age of the earth.

Oh, and I think some young earth literalists may use the geneaology of Jesus (actually there are 2 different ones) through Joseph back to Abraham and Adam to count the actual years of man-kind (and animal-kind).

Either way, the calculations are millions of years less than scientific theories on the age of the earth and it's inhabitants.

LovelyPigeon said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Ussher

Blame Bishop Ussher in the 1600s.

LovelyPigeon said:
I think the generations are counted as 3-score and 10 (Psalm 90:10) after Noah, and literal to the years of life given to men between Noah and Adam. But I might have the names wrong.

Here's a link to a "young earth, creationist' website http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c002.html that will give you an idea of how some calculate the age of the earth.

According to Wikipedia, Bishop Ussher--the grandfather of these sorts of calculations--also used other historical sources to confirm some of his dating. Of course, the problematic question is how to quantify the first chapter of Genesis.

LovelyPigeon said:
I didn't know this!! did they grow from dinosaur seeds?
No. I found the secret to dinosaurs a few years ago. I was in an ancient mystical toy store (I didn't know it was ancient and mystical until later when I discovered the magical dinosaur beans). I bought some sort of interesting looking package my kids begged for that contained what seemed like uninteresting beans.

At home we submerged the magical beans in water as the text intstructed and I swear on my favorite socks a hour later a small baby dinosaur had taken the place of the bean!

That's where they came from.

By the way - they must not be able to survive in today's climate because it was dead at birth and seemed to be very very weak and thin skinned as it absorbed most of the water and felt kind of like a kitchen sponge.

Also - I don't know why they'd sell these to kids - it was terribly sad to bury the poor thing before we named it.

No. I found the secret to dinosaurs a few years ago. I was in an ancient mystical toy store (I didn't know it was ancient and mystical until later when I discovered the magical dinosaur beans). I bought some sort of interesting looking package my kids begged for that contained what seemed like uninteresting beans.

At home we submerged the magical beans in water as the text intstructed and I swear on my favorite socks a hour later a small baby dinosaur had taken the place of the bean!

That's where they came from.

By the way - they must not be able to survive in today's climate because it was dead at birth and seemed to be very very weak and thin skinned as it absorbed most of the water and felt kind of like a kitchen sponge.

Also - I don't know why they'd sell these to kids - it was terribly sad to bury the poor thing before we named it.

Jessie, as with all of the best satire, I had to read halfway through before I was sure. :clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back