Found Deceased TN - David Riemens, 60, Watertown, 8 Aug 2012

Coming up on the five year anniversary of David's disappearance. Wouldn't it be nice to have a resolution for David and his friends and family?

Coming up on the five year anniversary of David's disappearance. Wouldn't it be nice to have a resolution for David and his friends and family?

You could put an ad in the local newspaper, the store and the Watertown website:

Wanted: Stonemason and Old Bricks. Tips welcome

Where are you, David Riemens? Someone must know something!

Believe it or not, five years later there are still a decent amount of flyers out there. There are a couple local restaurants, to whom David had gifted a couple of his paintings, who ALWAYS have a flyer up. There is a small local paper that has continually run an ad as well.

One of the things that always amazes me is the number of "local" people who have never heard of David's disappearance. I am not 100% sure why. I have neighbors who read the local and Nashville newspapers, yet have no idea this happened.

Another thing that comes back to me repeatedly, is David could literally be right in someone's backyard. I live on a one lane, tar and chip road, that is 2 1/2 miles long and has 15 houses on it. In that stretch of 2 1/2 miles, there are 5 graveyards. Some date back to the early 1800s, and one had someone buried in it as recent as the mid 1990s. I met someone locally who is a "grave walker"- he researches the genealogy and history behind each graveyard. He told me in my small county alone, there are over 1000 of these small graveyards. How convenient would one of these graveyards be if you wanted to make someone disappear?

Believe it or not, five years later there are still a decent amount of flyers out there. There are a couple local restaurants, to whom David had gifted a couple of his paintings, who ALWAYS have a flyer up. There is a small local paper that has continually run an ad as well.

One of the things that always amazes me is the number of "local" people who have never heard of David's disappearance. I am not 100% sure why. I have neighbors who read the local and Nashville newspapers, yet have no idea this happened.

Another thing that comes back to me repeatedly, is David could literally be right in someone's backyard. I live on a one lane, tar and chip road, that is 2 1/2 miles long and has 15 houses on it. In that stretch of 2 1/2 miles, there are 5 graveyards. Some date back to the early 1800s, and one had someone buried in it as recent as the mid 1990s. I met someone locally who is a "grave walker"- he researches the genealogy and history behind each graveyard. He told me in my small county alone, there are over 1000 of these small graveyards. How convenient would one of these graveyards be if you wanted to make someone disappear?

David has been added to Wikipedia because hey, you never know when someone will read something, add 2 and 2, and suddenly we have a "lead." Gone but not forgotten, as my sig reads....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Riemens

Bump.

First time posting, good to see this page is still active. I might be a little vain because David looks like my dad, who's been a mechanic and done construction all his life. Another reason this caught my attention is because my boyfriend and his dad own a metal shop company- but they're the only two who work for the company. They build statues, fireplaces, tables, etc. for a living and are always driving to client's houses to install and drop off products. IMO, I think something happened to him due to who he was working with. They sound sketchy, he expressed a bit of distrust- it all sounds weird. Also, my main question is why weren't his truck and its contents fingerprinted? If those bricks did actually come from somebody's house, I'm sure you could track them down via fingerprint and interview them. This is so sad, I hope one day his family gets peace :(

Bumping for David.

Where are you, man?

I've been around and around different theories in my head and keep coming back to the idea that the job might have been fake. Since they're had so much trouble identifying it and the person he met with, I think someone must have made it up. Either David was dishonest about it (not implying there was a character fault, he might have had a good reason to have made it up) or it was misrepresented to HIM and used as a lure to get him back out there. But I don't think it was real.

Seemed like such a nice guy, and good looking! I don't think he left on his own.

Yesterday was David’s birthday according to the Facebook page set up for finding him “David Riemens is Missing”. They posted some very nice pictures of David that really seem to show his personality and they put out an absolutely heartbreaking plea asking for leads and follow up, even if it just leads to his bones. Absolutely heartbreaking!

I was just rewatching David's Disappeared episode. Sorry if these things have already been discussed but... in the episode they said his truck was found locked, which was unusual for David... AND it was found with bricks in it... which says to me that he went to the location and got more bricks with his truck and somebody else with a habit of locking vehicles dropped it back at the Dollar General. (Would he have kept bricks he got on another day in the truck if he knew he was going back out there the day he went missing?) Also his sister said it was unlike him to ride as a passenger.... dogs lead from his truck to a short distance away, as if the driver got into another vehicle.

I wonder if dogs would follow an unknown person's path if they had David's scent on them from driving his truck?

But.... why would someone harm David and then leave his truck at the DG?

David's page at the Charley project was last updated in december 2017:

New link:
http://charleyproject.org/case/david-martin-riemens

Riemens was last seen in Watertown, Tennessee on August 8, 2012. He made a phone call from a business there to make arrangements to see a property owner; Riemens, an artist and stonemason, was going to accompany this person to a home construction site to get an estimate for foundation work. He was seen in a coffeehouse talking to an unidentified man between 70 and 80 years old, possibly his client. A friend saw him going into the Dollar General store at 1:30 p.m.; they spoke and he was acting normally at the time.

Riemens has never been heard from again. That same afternoon, his white pickup truck was found locked and abandoned in the parking lot the Dollar General. Police found his sketchpad and circular saw inside the vehicle. There was no sign of him at the scene. It's possible he got a ride to the building site with his client.

BBM

He was seen in a coffeehouse talking to an unidentified man between 70 and 80 years old, possibly his client.

That is a slightly different version that what I understood before. IMHO the client was only known b/o the description that David himself had given, but the way it is said here indicates the possibility that the elderly man was indeed seen together with David.

I wonder if LE managed to trace the phone call (land line ?) that David made to his alleged client.

I remember reading that LE went through photos from the event at Lulu’s Coffee House where they thought David met the man who was looking for a stone mason. They were looking for David, as well as someone who fit the description of an older man. I was under the impression they never found a person matching that description in the photos from that night.

I also remember reading that the search of the landline phone records where David lived showed nothing.

There were human remains found today in Watertown.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...erway-after-human-remains-found-in-watertown/

wow, they have reported that a skull has been found and they will look for other remains. Not knowing is awful. May answers come and justice follow as merited, for David.

They have found an entire skeleton. The property is right off a main road and is surrounded by houses on smaller lots. The land is currently being used for farming. It is also not far from the railroad tracks and within a couple miles at the most of the Dollar General store where David’s truck was found.

David was specifically mentioned in the mini press conference that was given. I believe he is currently the only unresolved missing persons case in the area.

This property is very large, 550+ acres. There are at least two barns on it, and what looks to be an old abandoned homesite. It is very close to a main highway, as well as Shop Springs, where David lived.

It looks like the current owner has only owned it since 2017, and paid a significant amount for it. I would assume that it would be developed at some point.

They have found an entire skeleton. The property is right off a main road and is surrounded by houses on smaller lots. The land is currently being used for farming. It is also not far from the railroad tracks and within a couple miles at the most of the Dollar General store where David’s truck was found.

David was specifically mentioned in the mini press conference that was given. I believe he is currently the only unresolved missing persons case in the area.

Cutter, was there any mention of a vehicle, as if there had been an accident and David might have been thrown clear, for example? It sounds like they just found remains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, just remains and it sounds like they were spread out a little. David’s own truck was accounted for as it was found in the Dollar General store parking lot in Watertown. It was assumed from the search using a dog that David had gotten into another vehicle and left the parking lot in it. No one else was reported missing at or around the time David disappeared.

Remains being spread out in this area would not surprise me due to wildlife.

If I am correct, the property where the remains were found adjoin the property where David lived. If David were walking home from the Dollar General store, he most likely would have cut through this property.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back